457 visa timescales

Hello

Just wondering if anyone has any advice? I was offered a job last month in Perth and was given a start date of 13th may. I was advised that sponsorship paperwork would be tied up etc and there would be no issues. 5 weeks down the line I still haven't been able to apply for my visa as the company say they are still awaiting my nomination being approved. From speaking to other people that have been through the process, I'm worried that this is taking a long time and there may be an issue the company are not telling me about.

can anyone shed any light on nomination approval timescales.

I'm wondering whether I should start looking for another job in the uk as a back up plan.

any advice would be great!

Hi there, I share your pain !

It has been just over 4 weeks since my application went in and that was Sponsorship/Nomination/Application all together.

DIAC keep coming back and asking for additional information on all 3 aspects. We have today sent off the remaining outstanding info they required and fingers crossed that will be the last of it and approval will follow fairly soon.

There doesn't appear to be a set timescale and all depends on your company status, EG have they already been approved as sponsors. Mine haven't hence the long wait.

Our MA said from the outset 4-6 weeks maximum and its certainly looking that way.

Good luck !

Thanks for your reply. The company advised me they that my nomination has to be approved befre applying for the visa. It's so annoying cos I've had all my paperwork ready to go for ages and can't do anything. I'm the first person theyve sponsored so maybe that's causing the delay. It's torture!!!!!!

Its good that you have a MA doing yours. I'm sure it will all be approved soon.

Certainly feel your frustration, been there done that. My wife got a sponsored visa as a nurse so we had to wait for all their paperwork to go through before we could apply directly ourtselves. However, once visa was lodged, and all paperwork was in went through really quickly, and the feeling when you get that email confirmation is unbelievable - champagne moment

Thanks for your reply. The company advised me they that my nomination has to be approved befre applying for the visa. It's so annoying cos I've had all my paperwork ready to go for ages and can't do anything. I'm the first person theyve sponsored so maybe that's causing the delay. It's torture!!!!!!

Its good that you have a MA doing yours. I'm sure it will all be approved soon.

Hi Bobby

I am also the first person my company has sponsored, so a bit of a learning curve for all parties. I got offered the job over 3 months ago and they wanted me out there by Easter !! The waiting is indeed torture, it is like your whole life is on hold.

Fingers crossed for both of us !

Ok so could be in for a long wait!!! Yeah I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too.

We didn't apply 3 months ago, we applied 1 month ago, but the preparation for the application took ages, such was the amount of information required for the sponsorship side of things.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD=width: 55%]Here is my timeline...still waiting...waiting....waiting..Very slow...[/TD]

[TD=width: 45%][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=class: tablecolour, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TH=bgcolor: #61A6CF, colspan: 4, align: left]Application Status[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%]Application[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]457 Business Sponsorship - EGXXXXXXX[/TD]

[TD=width: 10%] [/TD]

[TD=width: 15%] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%] 18/04/2013[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Application received - processing commenced[/TD]

[TD=width: 15%]Message[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%] 18/04/2013[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Application fee received[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%] 04/05/2013[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Application being processed further[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%]View your receipt details[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 4] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%][/TD]

[TD=width: 60%][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%] 04/05/2013[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Further information required[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Haven't got clue how long it is going to take for visa grant.

[TABLE=width: 75%, align: left]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 4]Application Status

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Application

[/TD]

[TD]457 Business Sponsorship - EGOX

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] 03/04/2013

[/TD]

[TD]Application received - processing commenced

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Message

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] 03/04/2013

[/TD]

[TD]Application fee received

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Message

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]View your receipt details

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 4]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] 13/05/2013

[/TD]

[TD]Sponsorship approved

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Message

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

OH's employer had already sponsored employees before so we didn't have to wait for that part. They submitted the employee nomination on 6th of May. That was approved on the 13th of May. We submitted the visa application the same day or the next day given the time difference and the visa was granted yesterday.

His employer told us it could take 2-4 months so it was a relief that it was so much quicker.

hi, i am a nurse and my employers said they were starting the 457 visa at the start of april, i have heard that the nomination fee has been processed, but i am still waiting, they don't seem to have an idea of how long it will take. i need a medical exam being a nurse, so cannot have this until visa is processed. i have been given a start date of mid july, but i am the same as you a bit worried that the visa will not be sorted in time. it's really frustating as i don't know whether or not to book flights just in case the visa is not through. a friend of mine got her visa earlier this year (she is also a nurse) and her visa only took 5weeks, including medicals. good luck, hope your visa comes through soon x

Application StatusApplication 457 Business Long Stay Primary - EGX

09/05/2013 Application received - processing commenced Message

09/05/2013 Application fee received Message

27/05/2013 Application being processed further Message

View your receipt details

Person 1

Date of birth: Passport No:

09/05/2013 Bridging visa granted Message

27/05/2013 Further information required Message

Here is my update timeline, but the Sponsorship or nomination online application is not yet approved...

Still waiting

• 2 weeks later...
Just heard that DIAC now saying up to 3 months waiting time. Says 2 on the website.

Not far off.

Took them 10 weeks for my daughter-in-law - no complications just time waiting. She finally got hers yesterday.

Congratulations to those who already got their visas! :hug:

I am also waiting for updates. Since my health requirements are finalised on 25 May 2013, I have not received an update on my 457 application (Brisbane e457 Office)

Anyone who have their visas processed in Brisbane? :mad:

Edited by Digoy Gante