register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

jl18g08

Londoner moving to Sydney in October, looking for connections

Hello everyone

I'm a 22 year old from England moving to Sydney mid October this year and am looking to connect with a few people who may be doing a similar thing.

Who knows, we could be sitting on some Australian beach chatting over a drink in 5 months time...

Look forward to hearing from you!

Hello! I'm going to be arriving in Sydney in 2 weeks for a working holiday, can't wait! Xx

That's amazing! How long are you going for, and have you thought much about where you're going to stay?

Hey!

Welcome to Sydney Ghostgirl!

Been here since August 2012 - drop us a line & we can catch up & show you about @Ghostgirl & jl18g08. Here on a long term work visa 457 - so here for upto four years.

Girlfriend and I are 26 and living in Bronte :-). Drop us a line if you want and we can sort something out :-)

Hey guys,

Can I jump in on this as well please? I'll be flying out to Sydney in a little over 3 weeks to start my new job. Would be great to catch up with you guys :)

Hi Guys! Im emigrating to Oz on a spouse visa!

Looking at January to fly out! Would be great to get to know anyone :-)

Subclasses 309/100 Offshore Partner Visa

Application received - 9/5/2013, Money Taken - 11/5/2013, Assigned CO-RE 23/5/2013, Assigned New CO-LG 12/07/2013, Medical 30/8/2013! Police checks Aus & Uk 10/2013 New passport emailed to CO 10/12/2013

GRANTED VISA SUBCLASS 100 INDEFINATE RESIDENCY 10/12/2013!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Hey, I'm moving out at the end of September to study and hopefully find work to. Any new friends/connections would be great to

Phil

It might sound stupid but one of the biggest things I have struggled with since I have been here, is not not knowing any British people and not being able to talk to any. I know too many Aussies!!!!

Hi everyone,

Also a Londoner moving over mid September, and would love to meet you all. Looks like there will be a big group moving around the same time. I'm 24 and hoping to find work in Sydney.

Hi guys, I'm 23 from Essex and have been living in Manly for a while now.. Let me know if you fancy catching up in the city or at the beach!

Hey guys :) I'll be moving to Sydney in January.. my dad has gotten a job out there and so we're all coming :) I'm 21 and a little afraid that I'm going to be a loner... soooo, if anyone would like to meet up or chat then please do get back to me :D

em

There are a number of groups for expats from the UK. You can find some at meetup. There are also locals you can meet, who can give you lots of good tips. Sydney is great. Great weather, nice beaches, great food variety. Hope you enjoy it.