You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Love Shoes

eBay ... Watching question ...

I haven't been on eBay for a long while, but have my eye on something, I am watching it, the auction ends next Monday, does anyone know if I will get an email notification if someone makes a bid, so far there is one bid, so looking good .....

​Just hope I don't forget next Monday :wink:

Guest Ptp113
I haven't been on eBay for a long while, but have my eye on something, I am watching it, the auction ends next Monday, does anyone know if I will get an email notification if someone makes a bid, so far there is one bid, so looking good .....

​Just hope I don't forget next Monday :wink:

It emails you when high bidder or outbid. Serious bids often come in the last 60 seconds so have your best bid ready to go or max bid entered.

Use a "sniper" website (lots of them give free trials)

Stick in your maximum bid and ebay item number, forget about it, the sniper will place the bid for you in the last seconds of the auction

Or you can just plonk your bid in to ebay and let it do the work. If you do this, you don't automatically go straight to your maximum, it will do it in instalments as and when others counter-bid up to your maximum. Good thing about sniping is that people don't have the time to respond. Chances are if it's a popular item, someone will be sniping anyway, nothing wrong with it IMO

Use a "sniper" website (lots of them give free trials)

Stick in your maximum bid and ebay item number, forget about it, the sniper will place the bid for you in the last seconds of the auction

Or you can just plonk your bid in to ebay and let it do the work. If you do this, you don't automatically go straight to your maximum, it will do it in instalments as and when others counter-bid up to your maximum. Good thing about sniping is that people don't have the time to respond. Chances are if it's a popular item, someone will be sniping anyway, nothing wrong with it IMO

Thanks guy's,

Do you mean something like this site NSP http://www.auctionsniper.com

I forgot about placing my highest bid, and leaving it, as I said it has been a long time, had a look earlier at the item, and still only one bid, but I agree they only really happen in the last few minutes, ....

Cheers ..

OH NSP what's the weather like in Sydney now? is it leather jacket and Jeans / shirt and boots weather?

Yeah, that site will do. Plenty of them around

Sydney weather at the moment, it's nice. Sunny and blue skies (has been for about 6 weeks tbh), varying between 17C and 22C during the day (but can feel colder in the wind or out of the sun), nights about 8-12C depending on where in the city you are.

It's supposed to start raining tomorrow for a few days though. See 7 day forecast on this page:

http://weather.smh.com.au/local.jsp

Guest Ptp113

I recently won an iPhone using Max bid. Nobody got close

Yeah, that site will do. Plenty of them around

Sydney weather at the moment, it's nice. Sunny and blue skies (has been for about 6 weeks tbh), varying between 17C and 22C during the day (but can feel colder in the wind or out of the sun), nights about 8-12C depending on where in the city you are.

It's supposed to start raining tomorrow for a few days though. See 7 day forecast on this page:

http://weather.smh.com.au/local.jsp

Thanks for this,

I bet it rains all the time we are there, drat ..... hope it doesn't as rain really does stop play ....

Even though you watch something, I don't always get a notification to say that the auction is ending. I think you have to log in fair regularly for it to notify you!

Love

Rudi

x

PS Hope you win whatever it is!

Guest Ptp113
Even though you watch something, I don't always get a notification to say that the auction is ending. I think you have to log in fair regularly for it to notify you!

Love

Rudi

x

PS Hope you win whatever it is!

MIT does if you have a bid in and it's the highest bid. If outbid before the auction closes it emails an update.

whenever I sell on ebay I aim to close sun at 9:00pm. whenever I buy I tend to aim for something that finishes mid day on a weekday.

​sniper sites will scupper this, but i don't think many people use them yet.