How do you ask your current company for a permanent position?

karmen128

I'm currently working at an Australian company as a casual staff. At first they said this is a minimum 8 weeks position covering someone holiday. But they also said it may become a permanent role in the next few weeks.

I have been working at the company nearly 4 weeks now and I'm thinking to ask them if I could become a permanent staff there. And maybe after that I can ask them to sponsor me when my visa expire.... How can I ask the manager who interview me in a simple and polite way for this? Sorry this may be a stupid question but I'm afraid my technique of asking is important....

my advice would be to email to request a brief meeting and do it face-to-face as its too important to simply email. It will have more credence and gravitas and enable you to start a conversation on the issue as an email can be misconstrued, misunderstood, ignored etc. In the initial email I suggest you mention that you would like a meeting a discuss the opportunity to become a permanent member of the team if an opportunity arose etc and that you would also like to discuss "a much more permanent" option also

Good luck!