Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest erica

Sponsorship - Real Estate / Timber Trade

Recommended Posts

Guest erica

Hi there

Have just found out that we are not eligible for skilled migration as neither of us have a 2 year diploma in any given job.

However we have been told that if we can get sponsorship/job offer in our chosen professions then we can apply for a Long Stay Business Visa.

Can anyone advise me of any companies in the Perth area particularly that sponsor UK citizens wishing to emigrate.

If you know of any outside of Perth please let me know also.

Feeling a bit glum today as we feel are options are closing down.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Erica


Welcome to Poms in Oz.


Real Estate: I am a specialist land lawyer in the UK. I know all about domestic and commercial property transactions in England & Wales. In WA, I would be a complete fish out of water. The relevant law is nothing like English land law and I have no idea how the system works in WA,


I think this must be a disadvantage for any migrant wanting to work in real estate in WA, so my guess would be that sponsorship would be very unlikely.


However, send a private message to Bobcat, I would suggest. He is now a real estate agent in Perth (and is a migrant himself though he did something else in his earlier career.) Bobcat could give you a realistic assessment of this part of your query, I reckon. He is a very nice man and he knows what he is talking about.


Timber Trade: I do know that WA used to be the world's largest exporter of wood-chippings. Are you interested in timber export/import or is your interest in some other aspect of the timber trade, please?


Have a look for Australian trade associations involving timber, I suggest. I find that Google Australiais best for this, and tell it to confine itself to Australian web-pages. Tell Google UK to find Google Australia and then follow the link.


Best wishes



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest erica

Hi Gill


Thanks for the advice I will try to track down Bobcat and ask him.


With regards to the timber trade. My partner has spent the last 20 years working in a timber yard as a sales consultant and again he has the experience but not the qualifications.


I have relatives living in Perth and have visited them twice and I have been desperate to get out there ever since.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this