189 May Lodge...Any others out there?

I applied 1st April and was waiting waiting waiting for case officer to be allocated.... this morning (9 weeks after submitting) I gave up and called DIAC and found out I had a case officer allocated 6 weeks ago!

Also I there are a few docs on my list that say required although I have submitted them but DIAC assured me they have been recieved!

Hi EmyLee...

If the case officer is allocated, will that be reflected in our visa page(where we submit the docs etc) and we will get email also right.

Anyways, Can you please give me the contact number of DIAC I will also give a call...

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi EmyLee...

If the case officer is allocated, will that be reflected in our visa page(where we submit the docs etc) and we will get email also right.

Anyways, Can you please give me the contact number of DIAC I will also give a call...

hi rose4rose

nope it isn't stated on that page that's why I didn't have a clue one was allocated to me and I've not received an email either..... I check that everyday :wink:

when did you submit?

i called 0061 131 881 and they transferred me to skilled department..... Took about 20 mins on hold though....

good luck!!

hi rose4rose

nope it isn't stated on that page that's why I didn't have a clue one was allocated to me and I've not received an email either..... I check that everyday :wink:

when did you submit?

i called 0061 131 881 and they transferred me to skilled department..... Took about 20 mins on hold though....

good luck!!

Thats strange. So how would one come to know if CO is allocated or not?

I applied on April 30Th. I had my medicals today and got the PCC last month.

Just got assigned a case officer today?! Less than 3 weeks since lodgement on 14 th may! feels so exciting but scary now! Now the pain of getting police clearances from South Africa any advice??

Hi Tam

How didi u come to know that CO is assigned? Did you get any email?

Hi All,

I m new to this forum and intrested in migration Australia under subclass 189, but has some confusion with respect to points....please help :-

1. Ilets - 6 in each - 0 points

2. would be applying under 261312 - Developer programmer with 8 years of work exp. overseas - 15 points

3. Age - 30 - 30 points

4. Qualifications - Masters (outside Australia) - 15 Points

although the total comes out 60, can somebody guide me can i apply under visa class 189. If yes, the first step would be get mt skills being assessed by ACS authority ?

Please correct me if I m wrong.

thanks in advance !!

Hi All,

I applied mine on 7th May, CO has been allocated but I have a challenge that for this VISA189 one must have 8 years or work ex and I have 7yrs and 10 months now CO is not happy with this and she said you must have complete 8 years of Work EX at the time of EOI.

Now I have requested to advise me what to do. Really depressed what to do?

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

HI KKSG,

you must have 8 years of relevant work experience which should be assessed by skill select.

if you have that much of work ex which can prove relevent 8 years of work ex than dont wait go ahead.

Hi All,

I applied mine on 7th May, CO has been allocated but I have a challenge that for this VISA189 one must have 8 years or work ex and I have 7yrs and 10 months now CO is not happy with this and she said you must have complete 8 years of Work EX at the time of EOI.

Now I have requested to advise me what to do. Really depressed what to do?

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

what is your break up of points? are u getting any points for ielts?

blimey all so different, we lodged/paid 28/3 and uploaded all documents including police stuff and nothing so far.....

no CO contact or told to get medicals yet.......

11 weeks this friday and feel totally stuck

not had medicals as thought u had to get told to get them done by CO but may consider frontloading........

does the case officer email your email address or is it all done thro message board on your visa page??

x

Hi Vim,

thanks for your feedback...one quick question..u said work exp. should be assesed by skill select means by ACS authority right?

Please correct me if i wrong..

HI KKSG,

you must have 8 years of relevant work experience which should be assessed by skill select.

if you have that much of work ex which can prove relevent 8 years of work ex than dont wait go ahead.

blimey all so different, we lodged/paid 28/3 and uploaded all documents including police stuff and nothing so far.....

no CO contact or told to get medicals yet.......

11 weeks this friday and feel totally stuck

not had medicals as thought u had to get told to get them done by CO but may consider frontloading........

does the case officer email your email address or is it all done thro message board on your visa page??

x

I also need answer to this question... I had lodged on April 30 th and as no CO was allocated for a month I did the medicals yesterday.

Feeling depressed

189 granted today!!! Will update our timeline to show dates etc (once I've got the champagne glass out of my hand!!), but was a very quick turnaround for us!

Congrats, great news!! Enjoy the champagne, i've mine in the fridge, but think it will be a few weeks yet before it's opened!!

Things are certainly moving fast this month, good news for all!!

Thats strange. So how would one come to know if CO is allocated or not?

I applied on April 30Th. I had my medicals today and got the PCC last month.

Have you been checking your junk email?!?

Lou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visa granted today!!! (Starting to want to shout it from the roof tops but can only keep shouting it on PP and PIO!!!) LOL

Lou

Congratualtions!! Thats so quick!! Really pleased for you!!

when are you planning to head to Oz?

I got my case officer assigned today :yes: and she has asked me to provide additional documents such as form 80, passport photograph and Form 1281.Form 80 is hugeee:confused:

I got a mail with all the details and when i checked the visa page some documents are added to the list as requested...

Edited by rose4rose

Visa granted today!!! (Starting to want to shout it from the roof tops but can only keep shouting it on PP and PIO!!!) LOL

Lou

Amazing news Lou, delighted for you!!!

Really appreciated all your guidance through my visa process, I'm hoping mine will be arriving soon too!!

Congratualtions!! Thats so quick!! Really pleased for you!!

when are you planning to head to Oz?

Thanks EmyLee

We have no idea when we will be heading out. So much to do with selling the house, finding a job for hubbie (I'll be starting my own business) and sorting out everything with our 3 children! We have a wedding to go to in Perth in October so we want to go down then and validate at the very least!

Lou

Dear All, Kindly Suggest if I have taken the correct decision !!!

My CO did not consider my part time work ex.

So I was unable to earn 15 points as i dont have complete 8 years of work ex.

I have 7 Years 10 months of work experience (excluding part time.) So I have withdrawn my VISA and planning to update the EOI and apply the Visa again in Aug. Is this a correct decision ??

Because my case office told me if I dont show her the documents to prove 15 points within 28 days, she will take the decision.

I didnt find it Positive hence I withdrawn my Visa.

IS THIS A CORRECT DECISION ?

:((((