Cost of pet flights

Baldyin38

Has anyone received a quote for flying their pet dog with them from Scotland?

We have been quoted £2800 to fly our Irish Red Setter from Scotland to Perth. twice as much as it is to fly all 3 adults across!!

I know us Scots are meant to be canny when it comes to spending a pound or two...but is this correct for flying the pet dog across??

:no:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Biscuit

Hi There,

I have been quoted £4,500 to fly my two Golden Retrievers from London to Perth. Expensive but they are part of the family and we would never leave them behind!

I am just about to start the process of getting all their required vacines (more money!!)

Guest longland

we flew our beloved golden retriever over in december, we used jets 4 pets (would highly recommend) who coordinated everything with the vets, the transfers and everything else. All in all with the vet costs, quarantine costs, transfer from Manchester to Heathrow, additional flight from Sydney to Brisbane we didn't have much change from £4000. In our eyes it was money well spent as he has made us feel like this is definitely home, he loves it over here and seems to be the best health of his life - we keep getting comments from other dog walkers of "what a lovely puppy" he's nearly 9 yo no-one can believe it.

• 2 weeks later...
We brought a cat last year and used a company called pets on the move - they organised all paper work, and picked our cat up from home and took her to the airport. It was £1,300

Ali

Can you or anyone let me know if that was the inclusive cost for everything i.e. flight, vaccinations, quarantine, carrier etc.? And do they stay 30 days in quarantine?

Hi,

Quarantine costs in Aus are seperate. The price we paid was for the company doing all documentation, booking quarentine, pre flight checks at the vet, they picked Becky up on the Tuesday - took her to the vet Wednesday for her fitness to fly certificate (or something like that) and they took her to Manchester Airport.

Quarentine is for 30 days.

Ali

Hi,

Quarantine costs in Aus are seperate. The price we paid was for the company doing all documentation, booking quarentine, pre flight checks at the vet, they picked Becky up on the Tuesday - took her to the vet Wednesday for her fitness to fly certificate (or something like that) and they took her to Manchester Airport.

Quarentine is for 30 days.

Ali

Thanks for the quick reply.

So presumably this included the cost of the flight? Do you remember how much the quarantine cost.

Was your emigration a success?!!

Guest Les & Woz

We have been quoted £2800 to fly our Irish Red Setter from Scotland to Perth. twice as much as it is to fly all 3 adults across!!

I know us Scots are meant to be canny when it comes to spending a pound or two...but is this correct for flying the pet dog across??

Hi

I had a quote for my dog - he is small jack russell size. Two quotes one for £795 and one for £1466. Petair UK. email is enquiries@petairuk.com

Try them!

Good luck!

Les:idea:

we flew our beloved golden retriever over in december, we used jets 4 pets (would highly recommend) who coordinated everything with the vets, the transfers and everything else. All in all with the vet costs, quarantine costs, transfer from Manchester to Heathrow, additional flight from Sydney to Brisbane we didn't have much change from £4000. In our eyes it was money well spent as he has made us feel like this is definitely home, he loves it over here and seems to be the best health of his life - we keep getting comments from other dog walkers of "what a lovely puppy" he's nearly 9 yo no-one can believe it.

Omg!!! we used Jets4pets they were fantastic!!!!and wasnt Sam amazing??? cost about the same for us as well!!! Our Toby is a golden retriever and we get asked all the time "how old is he" and when we say hes nearly 12 people cant believe it......its the best thing we ever did bringing him here, he loves it, swims everynight, walks miles..no more struuggling to get up. His health is amazing!!! like you we felt complete as a family once we picked him up from quarantine...the best money we'd spent i'd say!!!!!

Love

Tracey

Our cat Becky was fine, I think the quarentine costs were about $600 (not 100% on that but it sounds about right). It did include flights manchester - London with BA and London - perth with Quantas. Hubby joked she probably had more leg room than we did.

Ali

Our cat Becky was fine, I think the quarentine costs were about $600 (not 100% on that but it sounds about right). It did include flights manchester - London with BA and London - perth with Quantas. Hubby joked she probably had more leg room than we did.

Ali

Yes, and for twice as many legs!!! Thanks for the info.

Guest 7gotooz

Hi

We have a quote of £1696.00 for our Dalmation/Jack Russell that includes the import licence & her final vet exam as well - oh & she stays with the carrier for a couple of days before her flight - probably to recover from a tearful hand over from us!! - she will be flying Quantas London to Perth

Take care

Rachel

Guest sarah jane

Hi all, we have been given a quote to take our ****z-tu over to perth and we were quited £2000.00 but i was under the impression that included his 30 days over there!! must now check that one out. couldnt leave him behind though hes one of us.

sarah:huh:

My final invoice was exactly $802.15.

This also included $6.65 for parasitic treatment.

Not quite sure why they gave him that as he had his Heartworm treatment before he left the UK.

The daily rates of $17.55 are the same for all dogs, regardless of their size.

You also have other extras on there as well. Like Quarantine entry fee, Vet. inspection, document clearance, transport from the airport, etc. etc.

So overall if you budget for around $800 you won't go far wrong.

Also there is the added costs of flying your pet to another part of OZ. It's costing me a further $811 to fly him from Sydney to Cairns :)

Who cares, It's only money, and 6 days now before he rejoins his family:)

Have a good day all

Regards Debs x x

hi

We are sending for our barmy border collie, we have used petair based in Dorset its run by vets, they so a siver n gold package for a lump like mine it was 1500 quid for silver n 2500 for gold, the gold package is fully comp. They come to South Yorks and do the bloods, paperwork, treatments etc in the home. All the licenses job lot, only xtra transport to Dorset before he flies. They have kept in contact with us by email as well as contacting my BIO who is looking after hi. We had similar quotes whilst we were in the Uk about the same cost but no bloods etc so works out cheaper in cost and hassle.

Malc

Your right ali, think i will travel with our dog. They can stand turn and lay down..what a luxury on such a long flight. Interesting though, quite expensive all in and amazing how the costs in Oz are sometimes skipped over.

Look out here we come...yeeehaaaa

Guest 7gotooz

Hi

On our Quote it quoted the current fees for quarrantine. The carriers only cover the costs of your dog until they are handed over to the quarrantine staff. You also have to pay on top of the shippers :-

ACCOMONDATION: AUS$ 17.55 PER DAY 1ST DOG

AUS$ 12.55 PER DAY 2ND DOG SHARING.

AUS$ 13.55 PER DAY 1ST CAT

AUS$ 10.55 PER DAY 2ND CAT SHARING

ONLY TWO PETS CAN SHARE A PEN

CONVEYANCE FROM AUS$95.00 FOR EACH CONSIGNMENT

THE AIRPORT

QUARANTINE ENTRY AUS$10.00 FOR EACH PET

VETERINARY AUS$71.00 FOR EACH PET

EXAMINATION:

DOCUMENT CLEARANCE: AUS$35.00 FOR EACH PET

ACS IDF & A/C AUS$25.00 PER AIR WAYBILL

SCREENING:

THESE CHARGES ARE PAYABLE IN AUSTRALIA PRIOR TO RELEASE

THE CHARGE FOR THE PERMIT TO IMPORT IS AUS$280.00 FOR THE FIRST PET & AUS$60.00 FOR EACH ADDITIONAL PET. (THIS CHARGE IS INCLUDED IN OUR QUOTE FROM OUR CARRIER)

These costs are base on info from AQIS Canberra.

Our dog is a Dalmation/Jack Russell & our quote is for £1696.00 flying Quantas London to Perth

I hope this is of help

Take care

Rachel

Guest 7gotooz
Your right ali, think i will travel with our dog. They can stand turn and lay down..what a luxury on such a long flight. Interesting though, quite expensive all in and amazing how the costs in Oz are sometimes skipped over.

Look out here we come...yeeehaaaa

Hi

On our Quote it quoted the current fees for quarrantine. The carriers only cover the costs of your dog until they are handed over to the quarrantine staff. You also have to pay on top of the shippers :-

ACCOMONDATION: AUS$ 17.55 PER DAY 1ST DOG

AUS$ 12.55 PER DAY 2ND DOG SHARING.

AUS$ 13.55 PER DAY 1ST CAT

AUS$ 10.55 PER DAY 2ND CAT SHARING

CONVEYANCE FROM AUS$95.00 FOR EACH CONSIGNMENT

THE AIRPORT

QUARANTINE ENTRY AUS$10.00 FOR EACH PET

VETERINARY AUS$71.00 FOR EACH PET

EXAMINATION:

DOCUMENT CLEARANCE: AUS$35.00 FOR EACH PET

ACS IDF & A/C AUS$25.00 PER AIR WAYBILL

SCREENING:

THE CHARGE FOR THE PERMIT TO IMPORT IS AUS$280.00 FOR THE FIRST PET & AUS$60.00 FOR EACH ADDITIONAL PET. (THIS CHARGE IS INCLUDED IN OUR QUOTE FROM OUR CARRIER)

Our dog is a Dalmation/Jack Russell & our quote is for £1696.00 flying Quantas London to Perth

I hope this is of help

Take care

Rachel

Guest 7gotooz

SORRY THAT DIDNT COME OUT CLEAR MY SPACING DISSAPEARED!!

:biglaugh:

Hi

ACCOMONDATION: -

AUS$ 17.55 PER DAY 1ST DOG & AUS$ 12.55 PER DAY 2ND DOG SHARING.

AUS$ 13.55 PER DAY 1ST CAT & AUS$ 10.55 PER DAY 2ND CAT SHARING

CONVEYANCE FROM THE AIRPORT: -AUS$95.00 FOR EACH CONSIGNMENT

QUARANTINE ENTRY: -AUS$10.00 FOR EACH PET

VETERINARY EXAMINATION: - AUS$71.00 FOR EACH PET

DOCUMENT CLEARANCE: -AUS$35.00 FOR EACH PET

ACS IDF & A/C SCREENING: -AUS$25.00 PER AIR WAYBILL

I hope this is of help

Take care

Rachel

Guest Andrea Bridge

Thank goodness we bought a Westie !!! Little and lovely, but also cheap to fly to Oz !

Good luck with any pets on their way!

Andrea x

Archived