Help needed regarding ANMAC Professional referance!

tinaisrar

Hi Guys and Gals,

I am requesting a professional reference from my line manager this week (im a nurse by the way). I have the template provided for guidance by the ANMAC along with the ANSZCO code required to be quoted.

I want to ensure it is correct first time so as no delays when i finally submit everything for the skills assessment. So, i am a little stuck on exactly what info (at least 2 paragraphs apparently) needs to included. Is it clinical skills? they want examples of competence :S.......unsure what type of examples they are and how much is needed. As all you nurses out there know our skills are varied!

Also what do i incorporate re professional development?

All help appreciated i just don't want wrong info put on it or my line manager to be stuck to what she puts. I dont want delays or the potential of them declining to assess skills as a result

​Many thanks in advance Tina xxx

Hi, my manager had some difficulties with this, to the point that 13 weeks after i asked i was still waiting for my reference, when she finally said that that she was having dificulties, i asked my visa agent and on here if anyone had some examples/samples of their refernces. When i provided her with these she has been able to write mine. Im still waiting for it, but at least im a step closer!!

I cant share the samples i got im sorry as i dont have their permission (id be pretty peed if somone was passing mine around without me knowing!), once i get mine ill be more than happy to pass it on if its any use to you.

Best wishes,

Mir x

Hi there. I have sent my skills assessment off and ANMAC contacted my agent to say that they had received it and that all looked in order apart from my transcripts. So I assume my ref was acceptable. My ref went along the lines of:

Demonstrates the ability to assist senior staff in creating and maintaining a safe environment. ensures staff welfare, teaches nurses, student nurses and non nursing staff. Assessment of care needs. Development and evaluation of programmes of care. Involves patients, family and care givers in the planning and delivery of care. Works with other professionals to ensure patients needs are met. Discharges patients safely ensuring they have health promotion appropriate to their condition.

My manager then goes on to describe my job role within endoscopy which won't help you unless you work in endoscopy. Let me know if you do.

then she adds that I am infection control link nurse and what's involved in that. She says that I have the ability to carry out all job roles within endoscopy and that I have the ability to demonstrate procedures ( endoscopy) to other staff members and to assess their progress. She also says that I mentor students and am an excellent role model ( big head).

then to finish she wrote a few lines about me being confident, competent, conscientious ( you get the picture)

hope this helps.

Debs

Hi, my manager had some difficulties with this, to the point that 13 weeks after i asked i was still waiting for my reference, when she finally said that that she was having dificulties, i asked my visa agent and on here if anyone had some examples/samples of their refernces. When i provided her with these she has been able to write mine. Im still waiting for it, but at least im a step closer!!

I cant share the samples i got im sorry as i dont have their permission (id be pretty peed if somone was passing mine around without me knowing!), once i get mine ill be more than happy to pass it on if its any use to you.

Best wishes,

Mir x

Thanks Mirmai, that would be great but ohhhhhhhh hope you get it sorted quick thats a long time to wait i wouldnt have the patience lol x

oooooooooo i get the picture well certainly a better understanding of it. Ty so much for that think i will print of a job description also from nhs jobsite at it seems it runs similar to what you had written.

Great feedback

​Thx again xx p.s when did you send yours of im about to do mine within next 2 weeks x

oooooooooo i get the picture well certainly a better understanding of it. Ty so much for that think i will print of a job description also from nhs jobsite at it seems it runs similar to what you had written.

Great feedback

​Thx again xx p.s when did you send yours of im about to do mine within next 2 weeks x

i sent mine to an agent who sent it by courier the next day. Then I got an e-mail from my agent saying that ANMAC had received the documents and that all was in order with the exception of my transcript which didn't mention the amount of hours practice and theory I did. They said there was a 12 week turn around. It took 17 days for ANMAC to receive the documents. It's a long process lol

​Debs

i sent mine to an agent who sent it by courier the next day. Then I got an e-mail from my agent saying that ANMAC had received the documents and that all was in order with the exception of my transcript which didn't mention the amount of hours practice and theory I did. They said there was a 12 week turn around. It took 17 days for ANMAC to receive the documents. It's a long process lol

​Debs

Did you have to send transcript again? yes its lengthy, im hoping anmc and aphra done by sept then its only visa, squeezing in another ielts test, the general to get the 8's. Reading everyones timeline and many variations though! Do it in stages and dont seem so pricey haha. You seem at around the same timeline as me, you shall have to keep me updated on your process xx

• 2 months later...

Just list your key responsibilities (can be taken from job description), confirm your hours of employment, length of time with current employer. From template they give you list each area with an example of how you meet that area. Its not much use emailing you copies as our roles are all different. Make sure its written on headed notepaper from your organisation

• 2 months later...

[h=2]Please help me: ANMAC Professional reference nightmare for me.[/h] I’m in the process for applying ANMAC Skill assessment and I submitted one by my own. But AMNAC contacted me to request a more detailed reference. Now I really don’t know how to send a detailed one. Can anybody able to send some samples so that it’s easy for me to follow. I worked as a registered nurse in Medical Surgical Ward for 3 years. My employer is ready to issue Professional reference again and that will be the last one.

I didn’t appoint any agent for PR. So there is nobody to help me regarding this. Please help me to resolve this issue. Can you PM me/mail me sample Professional reference letter ? My mail id is priyoonj@ gmail. com

​Many thanks in advance

Priyoo

[h=2]Please help me: ANMAC Professional reference nightmare for me.[/h] I’m in the process for applying ANMAC Skill assessment and I submitted one by my own. But AMNAC contacted me to request a more detailed reference. Now I really don’t know how to send a detailed one. Can anybody able to send some samples so that it’s easy for me to follow. I worked as a registered nurse in Medical Surgical Ward for 3 years. My employer is ready to issue Professional reference again and that will be the last one.

I didn’t appoint any agent for PR. So there is nobody to help me regarding this. Please help me to resolve this issue. Can you PM me/mail me sample Professional reference letter ? My mail id is priyoonj@ gmail. com

​Many thanks in advance

Priyoo

I am a medical nurse and my reference was fine. I'm not going to e-mail you my reference because I don't know you and your not a regular user of this site but I will give you some pointers.

you need to include dates of employment, area of expertise and a list of your duties using the ANZSCO definition which I have pasted below for you.

Occupation Detail for 254499 REGISTERED NURSES

Unit Group Tasks:

assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care for patients according to accepted nursing practice and standards

working in consultation with other Health Professionals and members of health teams, and coordinating the care of patients

providing interventions, treatments and therapies such as medications, and monitoring responses to treatment and care plan

promoting health and assisting in preventing ill health by participating in health education and other health promotion activities

answering questions and providing information to patients and families about treatment and care

supervising and coordinating the work of Enrolled Nurses and other health care workers

Hope this helps.

Debs

I am a medical nurse and my reference was fine. I'm not going to e-mail you my reference because I don't know you and your not a regular user of this site but I will give you some pointers.

you need to include dates of employment, area of expertise and a list of your duties using the ANZSCO definition which I have pasted below for you.

Occupation Detail for 254499 REGISTERED NURSES

Unit Group Tasks:

assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care for patients according to accepted nursing practice and standards

working in consultation with other Health Professionals and members of health teams, and coordinating the care of patients

providing interventions, treatments and therapies such as medications, and monitoring responses to treatment and care plan

promoting health and assisting in preventing ill health by participating in health education and other health promotion activities

answering questions and providing information to patients and families about treatment and care

supervising and coordinating the work of Enrolled Nurses and other health care workers

Hope this helps.

Debs

I do agree with you. Today I joined this pomsinoz.com forum. I was looking for help regarding my PR process. Then one of my friends suggested me this forum.

Here I saw your replies where you are solving issues of other fellow members that is the reason why I contacted you.

I’m from India and I got AHPRA registration recently. I’m struggling hard to find job here in WA.I don’t have work rights and hospitals are not ready to sponsor visa. So I thought to apply for PR.

Since my departure I spend a lot of money for my studies and accomodation. Again with out getting jobs I don’t have enough money to spend. So I didn’t appoint any agent and doing PR process my own. Can you please guide me for PR ?

I worked as a registered nurse in Medical Surgical Ward for 3 years. When I checked in ANZSCO code it’s showing code 254424 Registered Nurse (Surgical).So which code should I use ? 254424 or 254499 Registered Nurses nec ?.Please help me.

The description on 254499 is a list of things that all nurses should be competent at so use that as your basis. Then add to it your duties as a medical nurse or a surgical nurse. You can't pick both. You can only use 254499 if your occupation is not on the list for reg nurses ie infection control nurse. You can't use this code for WA SS either but I can't comment on other states/territories.

Description for medical nurse 254418Provides nursing care to patients with conditions, such as infections, metabolic disorders and degenerative conditions, which require medical intervention in a range of health, aged care and community setting.

Description for surgical nurse 254424

Provides nursing care to patients with injuries and illness that require surgical intervention.

If I was you I would think about which type of nursing you have more experience in where you work now. If its medical use code 254418, if its surgical use code 254424. Whichever one you use, add to it the description for 254499.

Hope this helps.

Debs

The description on 254499 is a list of things that all nurses should be competent at so use that as your basis. Then add to it your duties as a medical nurse or a surgical nurse. You can't pick both. You can only use 254499 if your occupation is not on the list for reg nurses ie infection control nurse. You can't use this code for WA SS either but I can't comment on other states/territories.

Description for medical nurse 254418Provides nursing care to patients with conditions, such as infections, metabolic disorders and degenerative conditions, which require medical intervention in a range of health, aged care and community setting.

Description for surgical nurse 254424

Provides nursing care to patients with injuries and illness that require surgical intervention.

If I was you I would think about which type of nursing you have more experience in where you work now. If its medical use code 254418, if its surgical use code 254424. Whichever one you use, add to it the description for 254499.

Hope this helps.

Debs

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I'm totally confused what to do.Even my close friends are not able to help me.We doesn't know each other but you really show helping hand.That is outstanding mate.now I've decided to go for surgical nurse 254424.So first i have to mention 254499 and under the description I should mention surgical nurse 254424 if I'm not wrong.I'll mention all the details regarding surgical nurse 254424 and get professional reference in that area right ?

Do you have any sample lines for surgical nurse 254424.I'm not forcing you.If you have please PM me.I need something as template where my nursing manager agreed to sign for me if it's acceptable by her.

Please don't send your details.I'm looking for some guidelines which I can go through and get it done by my manager.

Thanks again for your tremendous support.

Hi Priyoo, I've sent a pm but I've just googled ANMAC professional reference and it brought up quite a detailed template of what needs to be written, this will be best followed as things change over time as to what they request. Don't stress too much over it just follow what is written. Good luck

Use the surgical nurse code. Don't mention 254499, just use the description, then factor in your details for surgical nurse. You need to mention what you do ie pre op assessments, liaising with anaesthetists and surgeons, post op obs, wound management, IV drugs, liaising with community/district team, pain team, identifying post op complications, resus, physio et mention if you are a link nurse for anything and any other responsibilities you have like mentoring student nurses, co-ordinating shifts etc. I don't want to put about what's on mine because I am a medical nurse but my manager wrote along the lines of...

demonstrate the ability to assist senior staff in creating and maintaining the environment to allow a high standard of care, ensuring staff welfare and teaching of nursing and non nursing staff.

Invole patients and careers/relatives in the planning and delivery of care, working with other professionals to ensure patients needs are met including health promotion appropriate to their condition. Have knowledge and confidence to assist with interventions during emergencies, demonstrating professionalism and taking appropriate responsibility.

Can carry out all forms of care without direct supervision, is a mentor of student nurses and new staff and is an excellent role model.

confident, competent staff nurse with the ability to assist with the management and organisation of the clinical area. Conscientious nurse, consistently demonstrating high standards in all areas of role and responsibilities.

The rest of it is aimed at my speciality and is of no use to you. Reading it I sound like super nurse lol.

Good luck.

Debs

• 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 13/05/2013 at 03:08, Mirmai said:

Best wishes,

Mir x

Hello Mirmai,

I am having difficulty to build a professional reference for anmac skill assessment.

I would be very grateful to you if u send me a format so I can make it.

I work as a surgical nurse in Philippines.

Looking forward to hearing from you 

On 13/05/2013 at 03:40, nic1171 said:

Its probably mine! send me a pm with your email and I'll send you mine Tina

Hi Nic, 

would u pls help me out how to drafting professional references for skill assessment? 

If u got some sample , would really helpful.

looking forward to hearing from you 

Regards

Ash