What made you throw the towel in ?

PomPrincesses

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think PIO is very supportive of others when they reach out in need, compared to other forums I see. However it's give and take and I think it's been rather one way in some cases.

What ever PPs past misdemeanors, I don't think she deserves this public flogging.

Guest guest30085
Actually she has a visa up until the time DIAC cancels it. That doesn't necessarily happen the moment you lose your job.

Ok I stand corrected, they have an employer sponsored visa which is not attached to any employer

Ive heard of DIAC sometimes being a little bit more sympathetic to those on a 457, and not throwing them out on the 28th day, but I've never heard of anyone being able to stay for five months whilst working for an employer who could sponsor them for PR, but DIAC aren't bothered that they haven't sponsored for a 457?

Past posts make it very difficult to believe anything the OP posts

Guest guest76088

I have read many disingenuous posts. Many people on threads such as these start with a premise that is discredited about three pages on, leaving those that offered genuine advice based on the information presented feeling a bit foolish.

So if you are implying you are not telling the whole story then either do so, or gratefully accept the advice you have received so far.

I am trying hard to find you sympathetic - and finding it difficult.

BigD

Really? How about the possibility that in every aspect of every individuals lives there are discretionary details that lie with individual cases that you know nothing about ?

Guest guest30085

It will probably run on for 28 pages like most of the OPs threads, not that they are ever controversial or anything ;)

What ever PPs past misdemeanors, I don't think she deserves this public flogging.

I have to agree with this, but it would appear to be coming a norm to flog rather than to offer support. Erstwhile, PIO was less so inclined, rather judgmental and less de facto based approach. Last time I checked to me at least forums, blogs etc are as much akin to Hyde Park Corner and the notion of freedom to express, while some may think it's fair game to pass sentence and judge; perhaps this is a social statement, anyhow I don't recall public floggings at HPC only a good honest debate, therein lies the essence of a forum hence the origin of the word. Alas, less debate has been found and more capital punishment. It's pity that PIO has denigrated to such levels as it appears to have done so at least in my observation over the past 12 months. One does not have to flog one if one does not agree does one! I shall step down from my perch. May PIO live on and the floggers be lynched and shackled and free speech prevails...bloody unlikely.

I'm sorry but the only person that ever seems rude & totally up your own a*** pp is you! I've followed your post & you confuse people & bite there heads off usually at the slightest comment & then when they try to understand where your coming from you just turn on people so you usually get it back especially the famous thread of your struggling on your joint income of $200, 000 a year (sorry), think that was a bit hard for people to swallow

Edited by Robo234

Guest guest30085
I have to agree with this, but it would appear to be coming a norm to flog rather than to offer support. Erstwhile, PIO was less so inclined, rather judgmental and less de facto based approach. Last time I checked to me at least forums, blogs etc are as much akin to Hyde Park Corner and the notion of freedom to express, while some may think it's fair game to pass sentence and judge; perhaps this is a social statement, anyhow I don't recall public floggings at HPC only a good honest debate, therein lies the essence of a forum hence the origin of the word. Alas, less debate has been found and more capital punishment. It's pity that PIO has denigrated to such levels as it appears to have done so at least in my observation over the past 12 months. One does not have to flog one if one does not agree does one! I shall step down from my perch. May PIO live on and the floggers be lynched and shackled and free speech prevails...bloody unlikely.

I would normally be the first to stand up for anyone who I thought was being mistreated, especially those who appear to be having a difficult time. But, in the case, it has been shown time and time again that when people offer genuine help then the OP has shown almost contempt for their helpful suggestions.

Also the circumstances of the OP change everytime they post, from the occupations they are employed in, to the ages of their children and even how many children they have!

So in this case, 'flogging' seems appropriate, but as in 'flogging a dead horse'.

Guest guest76088

One does not have a clue what you are saying. Flogging? Capital punishment? Cats an Dogs living together?

With censure and censorship, free speech cannot prevail.

BigD

And that's necessary is it ? The nanny got knocked up and moved to Melbourne dropping me right in the **** but that's ok because I didn't provide meals as well as a living wage :eek:

Suddenly "discovered" she was 5 months pregnant and left to go to Melbourne not been seen or heard of since. Luckily mr pp has had a vasectomy so no questions to answer there.

Guest JK2510
Suddenly "discovered" she was 5 months pregnant and left to go to Melbourne not been seen or heard of since. Luckily mr pp has had a vasectomy so no questions to answer there.

​Lol....a sad state of affairs to even have that thought a mr PP

Edited by JK2510

Everyone, can we please stop picking on the OP. Whatever has happened in the past on PIO, I do not want to go over it, OP is in a difficult job and marriage situation, which few people deserve.

OP, can you explain what it is you are looking for? Your thread title is "what made you throw in the towel" so are you just after swapping stories or are you looking for helpful comment on your own predicament. It probably is not really clear from your opening post and perhaps that is why this has gone off track. So as I say, perhaps if you can remind us what you are looking for and hopefully we can get the thread back on track with some helpful comments. Otherwise I think that we should close this thread as this is not productive for anyone.

Everyone, can we please stop picking on the OP. Whatever has happened in the past on PIO, I do not want to go over it, OP is in a difficult job and marriage situation, which few people deserve.

OP, can you explain what it is you are looking for? Your thread title is "what made you throw in the towel" so are you just after swapping stories or are you looking for helpful comment on your own predicament. It probably is not really clear from your opening post and perhaps that is why this has gone off track. So as I say, perhaps if you can remind us what you are looking for and hopefully we can get the thread back on track with some helpful comments. Otherwise I think that we should close this thread as this is not productive for anyone.

It was really just to see what the situation in the UK was really like. People's experiences.

ive had good advice this morning that things will turn around in Perth after the election and 2014 will be a mini boom, it's just holding on until then and **** knows what happens if the good times don't transpire.

Look if you have nothing constructive to write then piss off tbh, I have had more dramas in the past five years than ****ing east Enders.

Hubby wants to stay so this will split up our family, hardly something to be gleefully gloating over.

Your husband may not have the choice if your 457 is gone! I'm really sorry this has happened to you - adversity like this, sadly, splits many a relationship and hopefully, if you do head off then he will realise that the people are the most important thing in his life, not the place he is living it!

Guest chris955
Homewardbound wrote that the figures were "minimal in real terms". 2.4% more unemployment is not close.

Actually 2.4% is indeed very close and of course the gap is getting smaller.

PP I have also in the past been very confused about your posts however I am sorry you now find yourself in this situation and I hope you can sort something out. Good luck I hope it all works out for you

Edited by dxboz

The UK isn't totally on it's arse it's in a very bad state but other places are worse (Spain and Greece for example)

I'd think very long and hard about returning currently just by virtue of the unemployment figures Perth has one of the lowest in the world! Where as the UK well I'll let you research the current state of affairs it isn't good despite some people claiming to neither be affected or know anyone affected by the downturn it has happened and is ongoing................at the end of the day it's your lives and your decisions, I personally wouldn't want to be returning currently without a secure job offer.

You don't seem to grasp the fact that many people are struggling for work in oz...I have friends in Perth who are really struggling to find work.