Assessment successful what is next ?

Ahmad Night

Hi All,

I have receive a suitable assessment with ACS

I have 60 points, I've never been to Australia.

The thing is there are many type of visa, as far as I could see, there are three options for visa

Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa

Skilled - Nominated (subclass 190) visa

Skilled - Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional) (subclass 489) visa (This visa will give me +10 point for invitation?)

Basically, what is the different between 189 & 190, and is 489 only different bcaze of the invitation part?

which one should I choose, which one have more guarantee to get it or more benefits.

P.S: this is Second time I'm posting thread to inquire about this still no answers:smile:

If you have 60 points then either 189 or 190 are the sensible options ...

190 is state sponsored ... its priority is high ... will get CO is less time ... 4 weeks i guess ... and the visa processing time is also less than others ... but there is an ethical bond to live in the state for 2 years ....

189 is is a straightforward thing ... apply through EOI ... after an invitation ... lodge your visa .... processing time is more and CO is also allocated after quite sometime ...

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm (note that the processing time also depend on whether you are from an HR or LR country)

so 189 has more benefits as one can work and live anywhere he want ... thats the only reason I have right now ... but u can further check and inquire about any other benefits ...

Edited by Dawood

it depends on what occupation your assessment was in. Is it on the Sol or Csol ?

Have you done the ielts or can you prove functional english by other means ?

Need to know the answers to the above before offering any further advice.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

it depends on what occupation your assessment was in. Is it on the Sol or Csol ?

Have you done the ielts or can you prove functional English by other means ?

Need to know the answers to the above before offering any further advice.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hi, thanks for the Replay.

Yes , IELTS done (7) with min 6.5 on each , ACS assessment under 263111 Computer Network and systems engine. Which should be SOL.

And I still don't know what CO mean.

Edited by Ahmad Night

If you have 60 points then either 189 or 190 are the sensible options ...

190 is state sponsored ... its priority is high ... will get CO is less time ... 4 weeks i guess ... and the visa processing time is also less than others ... but there is an ethical bond to live in the state for 2 years ....

189 is is a straightforward thing ... apply through EOI ... after an invitation ... lodge your visa .... processing time is more and CO is also allocated after quite sometime ...

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm (note that the processing time also depend on whether you are from an HR or LR country)

so 189 has more benefits as one can work and live anywhere he want ... thats the only reason I have right now ... but u can further check and inquire about any other benefits ...

Hi Dawood,

Many thanks for the Info, roughly, HR with 189 how much time should it take ?

Hi All,

I have receive a suitable assessment with ACS

I have 60 points, I've never been to Australia.

The thing is there are many type of visa, as far as I could see, there are three options for visa

Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa

Skilled - Nominated (subclass 190) visa

Skilled - Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional) (subclass 489) visa (This visa will give me +10 point for invitation?)

Basically, what is the different between 189 & 190, and is 489 only different bcaze of the invitation part?

which one should I choose, which one have more guarantee to get it or more benefits.

P.S: this is Second time I'm posting thread to inquire about this still no answers:smile:

Excuse me for asking, but why would you emigrate to a country you have never been to before? :err:

I always wonder about that too- pretty scary stuff!

CO is Case Officer- if you're doing lots of reading/research through the threads ( & you need to research if you've never even visited) these Abbreviations will come up frequently

Hi Dawood,

Many thanks for the Info, roughly, HR with 189 how much time should it take ?

your country is not mentioned on your profile ... but following table shows the timeline for all Pakistani applicants ... and it is very accurate ... updated by some very dedicated fellows ...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asgogun4vvmDdGtQTHNRbVQ2eHdHUFpienYyTUpTcHc&hl=en_US#gid=0

you can get a very good idea for 189 timeline ...

but currently due to medical backlog ... medical is finalised in around 16 to 18 weeks ... that is adding an extra delay to the processing ...

Yes , IELTS done (7) with min 6.5 on each , ACS assessment under 263111 Computer Network and systems engine. Which should be SOL.

Please visit following for assessing your points and occupation in sol ...

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/points-tested-migration-fact-sheet.pdf

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule1-2.pdf

if you wish to apply for 190 or incase you fall short of points ... u shall visit each state migration website and look for their respective occupations in demand list ...

Excuse me for asking, but why would you emigrate to a country you have never been to before? :err:

answer to this question is beyond the capacity of the subject of this thread and policy of this forum ... :unsure:

I always wonder about that too- pretty scary stuff!

CO is Case Officer- if you're doing lots of reading/research through the threads ( & you need to research if you've never even visited) these Abbreviations will come up frequently

true that ... it takes time to get such things ... like ABPF (application being processed further) or FL (front load) ... :smile:

Do you required points from IELTS? If you scored 6.5 in any of the subjects then you won't get any points.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

answer to this question is beyond the capacity of the subject of this thread and policy of this forum ... :unsure:

Actually answer to this question is very simple, and so many people doing so.

For me it is,get better life.

that mean get better job, have a nationality that can let you anywhere, live in country with freedom, no wars, no protest, no big political issues..

I know but I've already got 60 points, so it's should be fine...

Depends on what visa you are applying for. For a 189, I think you're OK, but for a 190 visa I think you will need to score 7's in each of the bands as its normally a condition of SS

Actually answer to this question is very simple, and so many people doing so.

For me it is,get better life.

that mean get better job, have a nationality that can let you anywhere, live in country with freedom, no wars, no protest, no big political issues..

can't agree more ... i would have added some statistics regarding the situation of the city i'm living in ... :sad: ... :embarrassed: ...

​but the policy of this forum does not allow political or otherwise irrelevant posts ...

Edited by Dawood

Depends on what visa you are applying for. For a 189, I think you're OK, but for a 190 visa I think you will need to score 7's in each of the bands as its normally a condition of SS

yes mostly ... but I think SA is a little lenient regarding IELTS score for a lot of occupations ... can see the relevant website ...

Have a look at the skillselect website under reports. People with 60 points who got their EOI in before 30th April got an invite on 6th May.

Looks promising. Next round is 20th May so you'll know soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD