Feels almost as good as getting a visa!

Our return to the UK is dependent on selling our house, we accepted an offer 3 weeks ago 'subject to finance' - it has been an agonising 3 weeks, although there was no reason to think it wouldn't go through we didn't feel we could start booking anything 'just in case' - today the finance offer came through for our buyer - yay!!!

It does remind me how I felt when we got our 457 visas approved and indeed when we got our PR - it seems oh so long ago now!

So what to do first? Book temporary accomodation and the removalist I think!

WHOOP!! We are going to be on the same flight back at this rate! Fabulous news. Our finance also got approved at the weekend and pest inspection all done so we are "unconditional" too. Such a wonderful feeling.

i immediately rang the removals and locked in our removal date and its a go go go!!!

:biglaugh:

Great news. Where in the UK are you planning on heading?

We are heading back to Central Scotland, we have a little modern house in Brightons near Falkirk. We only bought it as an investment but its better than renting off someone else though quite how we'll manage with 6 bikes (including a tandem) and no garage!

We have a school place in Edinburgh for our son and the likelihood is that's where I'll find work so we are looking to settle closer to Edinburgh. Lots of hopes and dreams but we'll take one step at a time.

Guest Julz

Great news Jules, if you need any info. or anything from back home let me know. I booked my flights first, then removals....we actually get our stuff (boxes) delivered tomorrow.

That's great news! We sold our house last year and had the same UNBEARABLE wait. At the last minute the buyers had to delay as their funds hadn't arrived from overseas and we had to delay another two weeks, during which I was convinced it was all going to fall through...but it didn't. It was the first step to heading back and felt awesome. Now, we are heading back next Tuesday...I know it's the right thing for us.

Our return to the UK is dependent on selling our house, we accepted an offer 3 weeks ago 'subject to finance' - it has been an agonising 3 weeks, although there was no reason to think it wouldn't go through we didn't feel we could start booking anything 'just in case' - today the finance offer came through for our buyer - yay!!!

It does remind me how I felt when we got our 457 visas approved and indeed when we got our PR - it seems oh so long ago now!

How wonderful, I'm so excited for you,

we too are still waiting for finance to be approved for our buyers,

should of been done yesterday and has been extended..aaahhh.... sitting here waiting for that phone call from the solicitors, keeping everything crossed its going to be ok and dreading the thought if it all falls over. Can't wait to go home.

I'm so pleased for you, I think its a much bigger decision to go home than to of come here in the first place, for me that is....

Bet its great booking the packers and the flights...

Have fun !!:biggrin:

WHOOP!! We are going to be on the same flight back at this rate! Fabulous news. Our finance also got approved at the weekend and pest inspection all done so we are "unconditional" too. Such a wonderful feeling.

i immediately rang the removals and locked in our removal date and its a go go go!!!

:biglaugh:

Great news for you too, I'd been worrying that you had booked your flights without finance approved...

Really pleased for you, glad its all working out well.

I'm hoping to have our buyers finance approved by the latest tomorrow....

So nervous and been so stressed out I can't believe how much this means to me to be able to go home soon....

:biggrin:

Great news Jules, if you need any info. or anything from back home let me know. I booked my flights first, then removals....we actually get our stuff (boxes) delivered tomorrow.

Thanks Julz, get the kettle on :) It seems ages since you moved back - you've bought a house for goodness sake - how long did your boxes take?

Congrats Jules,when are you planning on returning?Got a date yet?

We move out of house 7th June and planning to book flights for 9th July. Still nervous about booking flights until the money from the house sale is in the bank!

Just seen that our house is updated to 'Sold'

http://reiwa.com.au/Buy/Pages/More-info.aspx?SearchType=RESSALE&prop_no=1&listingid=10305014&listingno=3306580&puid=0

Feeling quite tearful now - not sure why!

Wow, its must be just all your emotions running high, keep calm and carry on, I'm sure everthing will turn out great in the end!!!

:biggrin: Just think your going home !!! How great is that???

Great news for you too, I'd been worrying that you had booked your flights without finance approved... Really pleased for you, glad its all working out well. I'm hoping to have our buyers finance approved by the latest tomorrow.... So nervous and been so stressed out I can't believe how much this means to me to be able to go home soon.... :biggrin:

hope to hear good news from you next then! Yes I was a bit nervous about booking flights, but it was $25 to change the dates on the flights so I figured, secure a bassinet seat for the baby and we'll see how we go! We still think we might bring the flights forward a day... We had thought we would be in the country for a few days after the house gets handed over... But I'm not sure that's totally necessary... Opinions anyone?

Just seen that our house is updated to 'Sold' http://reiwa.com.au/Buy/Pages/More-info.aspx?SearchType=RESSALE&prop_no=1&listingid=10305014&listingno=3306580&puid=0 Feeling quite tearful now - not sure why!

As someone else said, it's emotional after all you have been through. I guess seeing that 'sold' next to your home is closure really. I feel emotional about going into work to tell them (next week...) and I don't know why. It's a funny old time really. Hubby text earlier to say he has resigned and it all became real again, I had a wave of 'jeez this had better be the right decision' which I know it is for so many reasons, its just a huge step. As Michelle said, it's a bigger deal going back. We will be fine. :)

:hug: