May 190 Visa Lodge Gang

Ishaan

Case officer assigned today, Team 2 Adelaide. Unfortunately they have requested an Australian Police check (AFP).

My agent has questioned this as i have only spent 8 weeks in Oz during the last 10 years and the stipulation

for an AFP check is 12 months in Oz in the last 10 years !!

Im hoping they have made a mistake because i have heard an AFP check can take up to

6 weeks even though they quote 15 days!

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest guest30085
VISA GRANTED TODAY !!!

Such a surprise after them requesting an AFP check, they reviewed their request and granted the visa !!!!!

Right now I've got a house to sell, viewing on Monday, fingers crossed.

Congratulations on getting your visa, seems very quick, best of luck with the viewing :)

Guest dugles
Still no sign of CO..Its been 59 Days since I have applied.

Dear Gtaark,

In this case you should make a call to DIAC . Be ready with your application details like TRN number, DOB, Client ID. They can confirm you your co details.

Hello Dugles,

For some reason the call is not going thru. Is anyone experiencing this issue?

I tried calling +61 1300 364 613. Is there any other number?

Thanks.

Dear Gtaark,

In this case you should make a call to DIAC . Be ready with your application details like TRN number, DOB, Client ID. They can confirm you your co details.

Guest dugles
Finally the call went thru and I was confirmed that I received a CO on May 31, however no official email was sent as CO only contacts the applicant when anything is needed.

What a sigh of relief!!

If you have lodged by urself then call again to DIAC and let them request your CO details, phone number and email id. Then do call

Finally the call went thru and I was confirmed that I received a CO on May 31, however no official email was sent as CO only contacts the applicant when anything is needed.

What a sigh of relief!!

Congrats..... Welcome in the Happy Club of unlimited waiting...Lol

Finally you now you can start your count down...

After assigning CO.. I found time and day both become slow....

Best of luck

Thanks for the welcome..I don't know if I should be happy or not to join the club..lol..:biggrin:

Seriously I think DIAC should expedite the process. I am seeing 189 class getting visa faster than 190.

Congrats..... Welcome in the Happy Club of unlimited waiting...Lol

Finally you now you can start your count down...

After assigning CO.. I found time and day both become slow....

Best of luck

Brissy is lovely, we loved it (and the Gold Coast of course). I think you better off than we are, because we want to go NOW or ASAP. I wouldn't stress if I was you since you know when you can go. And it is great that you were granted another 28 days extension. I wish we heard something back from our CO but.....what is really a killer is the wait and not knowing what happening, since we have submitted everything already.....

Where are you going maggie? when are you hoping to get there?

I am off to ACT, we cant leave till the end of june next year, as we want our son to finish his gcse's. We were planning meds for around mid july, but we ended up going on holiday so they have had to be delayed a few weeks, till we can get more time off together, plus that allows us a month space after he finishes school next year, mainly for flight reasons, and i quite fancy the singapore stopover.

Where are you going maggie? when are you hoping to get there?

I am off to ACT, we cant leave till the end of june next year, as we want our son to finish his gcse's. We were planning meds for around mid july, but we ended up going on holiday so they have had to be delayed a few weeks, till we can get more time off together, plus that allows us a month space after he finishes school next year, mainly for flight reasons, and i quite fancy the singapore stopover.

We are ACT as well, but a bit of afraid of the upcoming elections, jobs may be harder to find. We were told to avoid September as well, because of so many students arriving and in December-January everyone is on holidays. That is why we wanted to go ASAP and if we already had our visas, we'd be on a plane in a week or so :-)

We are ACT as well, but a bit of afraid of the upcoming elections, jobs may be harder to find. We were told to avoid September as well, because of so many students arriving and in December-January everyone is on holidays. That is why we wanted to go ASAP and if we already had our visas, we'd be on a plane in a week or so :-)

hope you get there soon, what do you do?

Hi all,

I am waiting for CO. One of the documents I need to submit is my wife's IELTS. However, she haven't taken the test and wants to have more time to prepare for it. From previous posts, it seems that once a CO is allocated, he will request me to submit outstanding documents in a certain period of time such as 28 days. If I ask for an extension of submitting my partner's IELTS, do you know if the CO will accept it?