Where can I get some decent chips?

peterhuli

Guest chris955
Have to agree with you Sir Les!I like my chips crispy with chicken salt!lol

Thankfully our local chips shops dont do soggy fat laden chips, just nice fresh ones. I like chicken salt, a very Aussie thing. I actually bought some from a website here a few weeks ago and find I dont use it much. We couldnt find a decent chip shop in Brisbane, they all did frozen packet chips.

Guest chris955
Proper battered fish too, If you're gonna have fish n chip shops at least do it properly. Aussies do make good chicko rolls though

​I do like the batter they use, a nice piece of real Cod wrapped in that batter would be bliss, oh and a few Dim Sims. Never got into Chiko Rolls.

I'm not a chip lover meself,now and again does me,but does nobody make their own anymore?

I make them dead thick,about an inch(25 mill),cut off any pointy bits,dead square,5 to 10 mins in the microwave,then deep fry,they wont end up soggy because theyre thick,and the fat has to be roasto,warm fat=soggy chips

Best chips I ever had was in koh samui, I got tired of the wonderful delicious thia food one day :eek: and ordered a burger made from fresh ground water buffalo and fresh hand cut chips fried in a wok mmmmmmmm

:smile:just sounds a bit queer for some reason:twitcy:,did you have it on a Vol Au Vent with a snide Pimms Simmo lad:biggrin:

of course, and a gaggle of thai girls (not ladyboys) dabbing my wabs as the juice ran down my chin.

I dont get chicken salt either tbh,i thought the fellah was taking the p7ss when he asked if i wanted any,"salt made from chickens" was my first thought:twitcy:

I dont think i had any in the end,cant remember tbh,IS it chicken flavoured?!:huh:

of course, and a gaggle of thai girls (not ladyboys) dabbing my wabs as the juice ran down my chin.

Thats what they all say,im not judgemental tho Simmo....................

When we worked in Hamburg a lad from Wales used to go with Ladyboys because they were 50 marks cheaper,quite open about it as well lol

Funny about this "chicken salt" thingy....it must be a pommy taste......I've always preferred normal salt on chips......my local fish and chip shop has only sea salt.

Are you serious?lol I've never been to a UK chippie that even has chook salt!!! Love the stuff,and yes HWB I did see your link for the chook salt,might have to get some I think,for old times sake!lol

Guest chris955
Are you serious?lol I've never been to a UK chippie that even has chook salt!!! Love the stuff,and yes HWB I did see your link for the chook salt,might have to get some I think,for old times sake!lol

No they dont do it in British chip shops so it is definitely an Aussie taste thing.