The all new UK weather game.......

Perthbum

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually - I really think the UK might hit 40 this year. Everything is in it's place for a blistering summer. How long before people start complaining about the heat?

You mean they haven't started already? I've already seen predictions of a drought.

If you don't get a serious number of days over 20 degrees let's face it, it's going to be another crap summer. 20 degrees is not even warm. It's OK if you're sat inside and looking out a window. I've been watching the EPL on TV and thought the weather looks good, then the camera pans over to the crowd or managers in the dugout and they are still sat there in big coats, scarves, hats.

Guest chris955

20c here is lovely, it doesnt make it a crap summer because it isnt roasting like in Australia. Today is going to be 18 or 19 which will be really nice.

You mean they haven't started already? I've already seen predictions of a drought.

If you don't get a serious number of days over 20 degrees let's face it, it's going to be another crap summer. 20 degrees is not even warm. It's OK if you're sat inside and looking out a window. I've been watching the EPL on TV and thought the weather looks good, then the camera pans over to the crowd or managers in the dugout and they are still sat there in big coats, scarves, hats.

Has it never actually dawned on you that a lot of people prefer the milder UK climate?

Guest chris955
Has it never actually dawned on you that a lot of people prefer the milder UK climate?

I have never understood the belief that is has to be 30c to be considered 'nice' ? As I said 20 here is lovely. I was talking to our kids this morning about the weather and they themselves said it was too hot in Australia to do much outside, these are Aussie born and bred and prefer the cooler climate here.

I'm sure some people must like it, I wasn't one of them and most people on this site seem to go on about the weather an awful lot for people who aren't supposed to be bothered about it. As soon as you get a couple of days that are over 20 degrees in the UK there are posts saying "gods country" and pictures of how beautiful it is.

Anyway good luck with the quiz.

It's the middle of autumn here and going into winter very soon,

I have never understood the belief that is has to be 30c to be considered 'nice' ? As I said 20 here is lovely. I was talking to our kids this morning about the weather and they themselves said it was too hot in Australia to do much outside, these are Aussie born and bred and prefer the cooler climate here.

I've never said it has to be 30 degrees to be nice, although it is a great temperature. The last couple of months in Perth have been in the 20's and fantastic. Still 24 yesterday and the ocean is still warm enough for a swim. Making the most of it before our dreadful winter hits.:cool:

Guest chris955

Yes, lots of people like the mild climate. I like it because it rarely stops me doing whatever I want to do. You didnt like it so you went to a hotter place and it works for you. Remember there are also Aussies that move to cooler climates because they prefer it, as I like to say there is no one size fits all.

I'm sure some people must like it, I wasn't one of them and most people on this site seem to go on about the weather an awful lot for people who aren't supposed to be bothered about it. As soon as you get a couple of days that are over 20 degrees in the UK there are posts saying "gods country" and pictures of how beautiful it is.

Around 25 is probably nice, although i bet i'd still moan about being hot if there was no wind lol. I remember one day in florida being sooo hot, i didnt check but i think it must of been almost 40. Felt it anyway! Literally felt like a chicken being cooked in the oven.

20 in the UK feels like 30 in Perth, it has been 15 in Stratford most of last week and felt very warm, no one has been wearing scarves in england for the last few weeks you have just made that up as usual.

glad you like the Perth weather...I thought it was crap....everyone is different hey..:tongue:

Takes all sorts climate wise. I can't take my cardi off unless it's over 25C, more if it's windy, but my mum starts to flag once it gets to 20C. I believe the weather in the UK has been really nice recently, even in cloudy old South Yorkshire. I was talking to my mum today and she was saying it has been too hot for her to take the dog for a walk, although I think it's the fact it's sunny rather than anything else that makes it feel too hot for her. I hope the nice weather holds out for you guys in the UK. With a bit of rain thrown in overnight to prevent any droughts.

Takes all sorts climate wise. I can't take my cardi off unless it's over 25C, more if it's windy, but my mum starts to flag once it gets to 20C. I believe the weather in the UK has been really nice recently, even in cloudy old South Yorkshire. I was talking to my mum today and she was saying it has been too hot for her to take the dog for a walk, although I think it's the fact it's sunny rather than anything else that makes it feel too hot for her. I hope the nice weather holds out for you guys in the UK. With a bit of rain thrown in overnight to prevent any droughts.

It is really warm in Stratford and 19c far to hot for a cardi...t shirt and shorts unless you want heat stroke, hope the weather where you are also picks up, you have had some terrible summers by all accounts.

Edited by Perthbum

It is really warm in Stratford and 19c far to hot for a cardi...t shirt and shorts unless you want heat stroke, hope the weather where you are also picks up, you have had some terrible summers by all accounts.

Today has been spot on for me PB ......ABOUT 22C at 2pm .....i dont need it any hotter than that these days ....bit of gardening ....a few cups of tea .....happy days for the old boy

PS that temp is accurate checked on a hygrometer worth a few quid before any one shoots me down in flames

Guest chris955
Today has been spot on for me PB ......ABOUT 22C at 2pm .....i dont need it any hotter than that these days ....bit of gardening ....a few cups of tea .....happy days for the old boy

PS that temp is accurate checked on a hygrometer worth a few quid before any one shoots me down in flames

Yes I agree, I spent most of the day on and off in the garden tidying up the jungle and it was perfect.

Yes I agree, I spent most of the day on and off in the garden tidying up the jungle and it was perfect.

I've swerved it and hired a gardener to sort it out, only the first cut then i'll take over. I'm thinking of letting part of the garden go wild to encourage wild life.

Guest chris955
I've swerved it and hired a gardener to sort it out, only the first cut then i'll take over. I'm thinking of letting part of the garden go wild to encourage wild life.

My wife hired a gardener but she doesnt pay me enough. We have left part of ours wild for the animals, this area is full of wildlife.