Illegal Workers Caught Again

Guest The Pom Queen

Why do you think the firms are employing them , payin them peanuts and payin nowt out , and payin taxes fob in the Rinehart pig and her mates , I bet a gang of cashies earning peanuts havnt skimmed an iota of the money they scam

I have no idea what you are saying there.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GeorgeD
To be honest, was he really hurting you by wanting to work more than 20 hours a week?

If you work in a pub and see people stagger out drunk and into their cars to drive home...they're not hurting you, do you call the cops?

If you see a stranger climbing out of the window of your neighbour's house with a laptop under their arm...they're not hurting you, do you tell anyone?

If you know a friend at work who's husband comes home drunk and beats her to within an inch of her life...they're not hurting you, etc...

Wouldn't it be a shame if people turned a blind eye to everything in society as long as it didn't directly affect them adversly?

Why is it that because people in fear of their lives claiming asylum arrive on boats that they are vilified and the border should be shut and them sent back, etc...but those who have entered under certain conditions (for example tourists or students) who break their conditions are somehow OK.

Maybe that person didn't do the previous poster any harm...but if there was paid work to be done, then someone who is legally allowed to do it wasn't getting paid for it. They've lost out. They could be someone who has gone through the asylum process successfully and is trying to make a living for their family within the rule of law...and it's their loss.

If you work in a pub and see people stagger out drunk and into their cars to drive home...they're not hurting you, do you call the cops?

If you see a stranger climbing out of the window of your neighbour's house with a laptop under their arm...they're not hurting you, do you tell anyone?

If you know a friend at work who's husband comes home drunk and beats her to within an inch of her life...they're not hurting you, etc...

Wouldn't it be a shame if people turned a blind eye to everything in society as long as it didn't directly affect them adversly?

Why is it that because people in fear of their lives claiming asylum arrive on boats that they are vilified and the border should be shut and them sent back, etc...but those who have entered under certain conditions (for example tourists or students) who break their conditions are somehow OK.

Maybe that person didn't do the previous poster any harm...but if there was paid work to be done, then someone who is legally allowed to do it wasn't getting paid for it. They've lost out. They could be someone who has gone through the asylum process successfully and is trying to make a living for their family within the rule of law...and it's their loss.

Comparing drunk driving and domestic violence with a student who wanted to work a few extra hours is pretty weak.

Guest Guest26012

I would "dob someone in" for something serious. Serious being, if lives were at stake! Nothing else!

To be honest, was he really hurting you by wanting to work more than 20 hours a week?

Yes, we were applying for an rsms visa. If my employer were caught letting someone work illegally, how do you think my visa application would have gone??

sorry but those examples aren't really comparable to oustaying a visa.

I simply cannot fathom the pious judgement of other people's lives

Guest GeorgeD
Comparing drunk driving and domestic violence with a student who wanted to work a few extra hours is pretty weak.

I agree. But leave me alone...I'm not hurting you.

See what I did there?! It is weak...but does saying to you to keep your nose out of things because it doesn't affect you make it any less weak? No...so well done you for pointing it out :biggrin:

Even if it is something minor, why is it such a bad thing to pipe up and point it out to the powers that be?

I think we've had a few 'curtain twitching' debates in the past...they normally end in balanced disagreement!

See what I did there?! It is weak...but does saying to you to keep your nose out of things because it doesn't affect you make it any less weak? No...so well done you for pointing it out :biggrin:

Even if it is something minor, why is it such a bad thing to pipe up and point it out to the powers that be?

I think we've had a few 'curtain twitching' debates in the past...they normally end in balanced disagreement!

Which begs the question, who started this thread...and for what purpose?

Guest GeorgeD
So it was basically a case of pulling the ladder up then?

And possibly saving the jobs of the other staff...Say the employer had been fined and the business had folded?

So it was basically a case of pulling the ladder up then?

I would have told them anyway. I came on a student visa, it wasn't easy, and has been made harder. Some of the cause of that is people breaking the rules. People like him made my life harder.

Not to mention I like my employers, I know they would never knowingly do anything illegal. They appreciated me telling them and saving them from possible trouble. If I was going to do something unwittingly which would get myself in trouble they would tell me too. It is something you do when you respect people.

The big difference is that this is a public debating forum, therefore you are inviting mine and others comments - or should at the very least expect them. Again, the validity of your argument is not the greatest.

Guest GeorgeD
The big difference is that this is a public debating forum, therefore you are inviting mine and others comments - or should at the very least expect them. Again, the validity of your argument is not the greatest.

Again, leave me alone, I'm not hurting you. Gets a bit pathetic after a while (I'm clutching at straws here!)

All comments welcome (within the site rules of course..)

As an aside...we welcome our own flavour of 'curtain twitching' on PIO...if anyone sees a post they feel is abusive/offensive, or breaks any other of the site rules, the Report Post button is the little exclamation mark in a triangle at the bottom left of the post. And you'd be surprised how many people use it (usually with good reason unfortunately.) It's a public internet forum and by posting on it people are inviting comments...and yet there are countless members who are good enough to report posts as being offensive so admin can remove offensive content and keep everyone happy. But posting on a forum isn't really hurting anyone...so why do people report it here??

Again, leave me alone, I'm not hurting you. Gets a bit pathetic after a while (I'm clutching at straws here!)

All comments welcome (within the site rules of course..)

As an aside...we welcome our own flavour of 'curtain twitching' on PIO...if anyone sees a post they feel is abusive/offensive, or breaks any other of the site rules, the Report Post button is the little exclamation mark in a triangle at the bottom left of the post. And you'd be surprised how many people use it (usually with good reason unfortunately.) It's a public internet forum and by posting on it people are inviting comments...and yet there are countless members who are good enough to report posts as being offensive so admin can remove offensive content and keep everyone happy. But posting on a forum isn't really hurting anyone...so why do people report it here??

Touché

[h=1][/h]

Again, leave me alone, I'm not hurting you. Gets a bit pathetic after a while (I'm clutching at straws here!) All comments welcome (within the site rules of course..) As an aside...we welcome our own flavour of 'curtain twitching' on PIO...if anyone sees a post they feel is abusive/offensive, or breaks any other of the site rules, the Report Post button is the little exclamation mark in a triangle at the bottom left of the post. And you'd be surprised how many people use it (usually with good reason unfortunately.) It's a public internet forum and by posting on it people are inviting comments...and yet there are countless members who are good enough to report posts as being offensive so admin can remove offensive content and keep everyone happy. But posting on a forum isn't really hurting anyone...so why do people report it here??

I beg to differ. I have reported many posts that I deemed to be offensive, whether it be racist posts (and TBH there is some eye watering stuff that may or may not get deleted) or more personal vitriol directed unfairly at another poster.

I beg to differ. I have reported many posts that I deemed to be offensive, whether it be racist posts (and TBH there is some eye watering stuff that may or may not get deleted) or more personal vitriol directed unfairly at another poster.

But that would be defined as dobbing wouldn't it?

Guest GeorgeD

I know you have, and thank you for doing so. Joking aside, you're absolutely right, every now and again there can be a real toe curler of a post, so I would encourage anyone who sees anything they are offended by to report it. It may or may not be removed, some are more subjective than others, but the Mods/Admin sometimes don't come across them on their own and need the help of the rest of the PIO community to deal with rule breaches.

Guest Guest26012

I've reported posts and they have usually been dealt with swiftly! I've had threads, or thread, deleted because it has upset others! Whoooo! I don't consider that dobbing though? I don't know what I'm talking about, just ignore me, with all due respect!