not claiming for skilled employment - should it be declared in EOI anyway?

Red Hand

Morning all,

Has anyone submitted an EOI with relevant skilled employment but not claimed for it?

I have 60 points excluding my skilled employment, so to save any potential problems with claiming points for it, I intend submitting my EOI and not claiming any skilled employment points.

Should my years of skilled employment still be declared in the EOI and just not claim points for them?

Do DIAC require anything information for 189 visa application re: skilled employment, if you do not claim these points in EOI?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Hi,

If you don't want to claim points for employment just mark it "not relevant" on your EOI. If you don't do this, it will automatically add points. Later on your visa application you need to mention any employment details, even if you have not claimed any points for it, so I guess they might ask for evidence. But I guess that would be more for security reasons...

Hi,

If you don't want to claim points for employment just mark it "not relevant" on your EOI. If you don't do this, it will automatically add points. Later on your visa application you need to mention any employment details, even if you have not claimed any points for it, so I guess they might ask for evidence. But I guess that would be more for security reasons...

Thanks for reply Joanna. Trying to get all information ready for EOI and VISA so I can submit as soon as my skills assessment comes back.

Hope your visa process is going well, probably not long until your 190 is granted :)

Thanks for reply Joanna. Trying to get all information ready for EOI and VISA so I can submit as soon as my skills assessment comes back.

Hope your visa process is going well, probably not long until your 190 is granted :)

Thanks!

I will let you know if CO asks for any documents related to work experience as soon as I know. I am also not claiming any points for it.

Thanks!

I will let you know if CO asks for any documents related to work experience as soon as I know. I am also not claiming any points for it.

Great Joanna, would really appreciate if you can let me know if CO requests anything for your work experience, thank you!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
I have just been assigned a CO and she has not asked for any work-related documents:)

Awe great news Joanna on getting your CO assigned, hopefully you'll have your visa soon!! :)

Thanks a million for confirming no required work documents for visa, should make everything a bit more straight forward.

Good luck with you visa grant.

• 3 years later...
Thanks!

Hello Joanna, I find myself in a similar situation now. I have had 5 jobs till now and all my work experience has been assessed as relevant to the nominated occupation by the assessing authority. For one of the jobs though, I do not have documentation to prove the salary I received (They were all cash payments). So I am thinking of marking this particular job as not relevant in EOI and marking the other 4 jobs as relevant. Based on your experience, can you please advice if this would be OK? Or will marking all the 5 jobs as not relevant be a better thing to do? Many thanks for your time and consideration.

• 2 years later...

Hi JoannaAch,

I am pretty much having similar problem, would you please advise me if that alright not to claim points for Skilled Work Experience (which I have already assessed from Engineers Australia), while lodging EOI, as without the points for work experience I am sure that I would get an invite. By doing so, do we still need to provide all employment evidence.

Thanks in advance.

On 25/11/2016 at 05:14, dejaegar said:
JoannaAch said:
Thanks!

Hello Joanna, I find myself in a similar situation now. I have had 5 jobs till now and all my work experience has been assessed as relevant to the nominated occupation by the assessing authority. For one of the jobs though, I do not have documentation to prove the salary I received (They were all cash payments). So I am thinking of marking this particular job as not relevant in EOI and marking the other 4 jobs as relevant. Based on your experience, can you please advice if this would be OK? Or will marking all the 5 jobs as not relevant be a better thing to do? Many thanks for your time and consideration.

20 minutes ago, Akhil said:

Hi JoannaAch,

I am pretty much having similar problem, would you please advise me if that alright not to claim points for Skilled Work Experience (which I have already assessed from Engineers Australia), while lodging EOI, as without the points for work experience I am sure that I would get an invite. By doing so, do we still need to provide all employment evidence.

Thanks in advance.

You are asking questions on a post which is almost 6 years old, so you are unlikely to receive any response.

You should make your own new thread if you have questions.