Confused about Skilled Regional Sponsorship

Guest cantwait

Guest cantwait

:unsure:Can anyone clarify something for me? :unsure:

If you go Regional Sponsored (not State Sponsored) are you OK if your job is on the SOL, or does each region have a different list?

I know each State has a different list if you want to go 'State Sponsored' but i'm not sure if this applies to regional sponsorship. We are thinking of Regional Queensland. I've been trying all day to access this info on the Queensland Gov website but the website has a problem just on the section i need.

Hi

Regional sponsored visa differs for each state and territory - they have their own lists compiled of only certain SOL occupations and also may have other requirements that they want met e.g. recent skilled experience, assets to transfer.

Otherwise the RSMS visa is the way to go if you can get an actual employer to sponsor you in a regional area. These can be for non-SOL Occupations and may require a period of temporary residence (457) for at least 2 years first for not so skilled positions.

Regards

Guest cantwait

Hi Tony

Thanks for your reply. That's made things clearer. There are so many visas you never know which one will be the best for you. We want the quickest option but getting job spnsorship if proving really difficult.

Archived