Need help about 457 visa

ricballi

Hello Guys

we applied 457 visa 1 week ago.onshore paper based Application.Our lawyer applied nomination and visa Same time.And we have not heard any thing from Immigration.we got 457 visa as Cook in Act but we are living in W.A

what is time frame for 457 visa?

we are worried about Application as my girlfreind already finish her (cookery certificate 3 and 4) in 2011 and now she is studying dental technician.Our visa expired next year March.

my questions are.

Does current student visa will effect our 457 visa Applcation ?as we are still on Student visa.

as she can not quite school also.Atill 457 approved.and owner want her to start work as soon as she can. we are worried.

can anyone can give advise what we should do.

thanks

Edited by ricballi

My daughter-in-law's company applied for a 457 for her over three weeks ago now. Is it a bad sign that she hasn't heard anything yet?

Like ricballi, I am looking for the answer 'How long does a 457 take when applied for onshore?'

Any help would be appreciated.

No I don't think so my company also applied for mine 3 weeks ago on Friday and they have not heard anything yet either. My HR department says they don't give a timeline but the longest they have waited for the nomination has been 12 weeks before but vary rare.

Hi,

I was sponsored by my company in Aus, submitted all docs to the lawyers - needed a chest xray as was living in Bangladesh at the time - had to wait max 3 weeks, and main delay was me not submitting my chest Xray quickly - as the day after I did that everything as approved.

Not sure if this helps?

Mark

No I don't think so my company also applied for mine 3 weeks ago on Friday and they have not heard anything yet either. My HR department says they don't give a timeline but the longest they have waited for the nomination has been 12 weeks before but vary rare.

As you have applied recently, I think your experience is relevant. It seems that there is a seasonal variation, and if she is unlucky enough to get an immigration officer that takes a holiday (I have been told) it sits on his or her desk until he/she gets back!

Hi,

I was sponsored by my company in Aus, submitted all docs to the lawyers - needed a chest xray as was living in Bangladesh at the time - had to wait max 3 weeks, and main delay was me not submitting my chest Xray quickly - as the day after I did that everything as approved.

Not sure if this helps?

Mark

Good to hear they can be quick too.

my nomination was lodged on the 5th of April and today HR informed me they have had some movement on the process. They are asking the company for some standard documents so hopefully I see a TRN number coming my way in the next week or so.

my nomination was lodged on the 5th of April and today HR informed me they have had some movement on the process. They are asking the company for some standard documents so hopefully I see a TRN number coming my way in the next week or so.

Movement may mean that they asked for more information.

Hello Guys

we applied 457 visa 1 week ago.onshore paper based Application.Our lawyer applied nomination and visa Same time.And we have not heard any thing from Immigration.we got 457 visa as Cook in Act but we are living in W.A

what is time frame for 457 visa?

we are worried about Application as my girlfreind already finish her (cookery certificate 3 and 4) in 2011 and now she is studying dental technician.Our visa expired next year March.

my questions are.

Does current student visa will effect our 457 visa Applcation ?as we are still on Student visa.

as she can not quite school also.Atill 457 approved.and owner want her to start work as soon as she can. we are worried.

can anyone can give advise what we should do.

thanks

​Any news as yet?

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter in law was worried, until she checked with HR. They forgot to tell her that immigration asked a few questions last week - about the company, not her. They apologised and said they expected to hear end of next week as it was just minor stuff.

​The wait goes on.!!!!!