Returning with children and school applications!

Dawny

Hi all,i have had a fair few messages off some of you regarding school applications for sept 2013, If you are not back in the uk don't put an application in for a school place until you have returned, most places have now been given and appeals are taking place! Wait until you are back and are in your home so you have a permanent address and contact number... This will be classed as a late or mid term application... Im happy to help where i can though :cute:

Guest Guest 47403
Hi all,i have had a fair few messages off some of you regarding school applications for sept 2013, If you are not back in the uk don't put an application in for a school place until you have returned, most places have now been given and appeals are taking place! Wait until you are back and are in your home so you have a permanent address and contact number... This will be classed as a late or mid term application... Im happy to help where i can though :cute:

As ever one of the most helpful returnees :notworthy:

hi, just to let you know my eldest daughter has now been allocated a place at her preferred school! Didn't go to appeal in the end, a place came up, although this may of been due to my daily harassment of the local council! My younger one will start year 7 at the same school in September.

I did it from oz because she wanted to return ahead of us. She is in the air as we speak!!

I would also say hat if you can wait until you are home I would of done that too. It's a very stressful experience and when you are waiting on emails all the time it's very frustrating.

Don't give up! You will get there in he end x

I know this will only apply to a minority of people but if you are applying for a private school you do not need a UK address. We have a confirmed offer for our son and everything was done by email - they normally interview and do an assessment but 'under the circumstances' waived this. They didn't even want to see his school reports and NAPLAN results though I offered.

We don't know where we'll end up living, we have a house to go back to but don't plan to stay long-term so didn't want to disrupt him again. We won't be able to live in such a nice house, in such as nice area as a result (the £500 a month fees would go a long way towards a mortgage!) but what you've never had you don't miss!

hi, just to let you know my eldest daughter has now been allocated a place at her preferred school! Didn't go to appeal in the end, a place came up, although this may of been due to my daily harassment of the local council! My younger one will start year 7 at the same school in September.

I did it from oz because she wanted to return ahead of us. She is in the air as we speak!!

I would also say hat if you can wait until you are home I would of done that too. It's a very stressful experience and when you are waiting on emails all the time it's very frustrating.

Don't give up! You will get there in he end x

Great news!! :cute:

I know this will only apply to a minority of people but if you are applying for a private school you do not need a UK address. We have a confirmed offer for our son and everything was done by email - they normally interview and do an assessment but 'under the circumstances' waived this. They didn't even want to see his school reports and NAPLAN results though I offered.

We don't know where we'll end up living, we have a house to go back to but don't plan to stay long-term so didn't want to disrupt him again. We won't be able to live in such a nice house, in such as nice area as a result (the £500 a month fees would go a long way towards a mortgage!) but what you've never had you don't miss!

Not knocking your plans because you know your child best.

but, and I maybe wrong, is your son still of primary age? It's only my own thoughts but state primary schools in the UK are more than decent enough, the worry is secondary education, which is a bit hit and miss at the mo.

as I say all depends on the child, my eldest went thru state school both primary and secondary and ended up in the top 2 per cent top acheivers in the country, she got invited to apply to the top uni's in the UK and America.

Its not a brag thread cos what I'm trying to get across is I think it's all to do with the invidual. I've two daughters, both brought up the same, one academic the other that couldn't give a hoot and is a gorgeous social butterfly.

everyone different but all unique

I suppose I'm wondering if your wee man would do just as ok in state primary and save yourself thousands over the years