Assurance of Support

Guest BeckyWinters

Guest BeckyWinters

Hiya -

Does anyone knoe any organizations who can act as/provide an Assurance of Support and lodge the bond with Centrelink on behalf of a sponsor?

Any help is much appreciated!

Becky

Guest Gollywobbler
Hiya -

Does anyone knoe any organizations who can act as/provide an Assurance of Support and lodge the bond with Centrelink on behalf of a sponsor?

Any help is much appreciated!

Becky

Hi Becky

Why are you asking this question? Normally, an AoS is only required when the visa is one where the person has a family connection with Oz in the first place. Therefore the AoS is usually given by an Australian relative or close family friend. Up to 3 people can club together to provide an AoS, by the way.

Apparently there are commercial organisations that will provide an AoS - for an exorbitant fee and only if they are convinced that they would never have to shell out a dime on behalf of the applicant. It is risk-capital from their point of view, but it is tax-free, so it can sometimes be a good way of reducing their own liability for taxes.

Why would you be unable to apply for a visa-type which does not require an AoS in the first place?

PM me if you would prefer. I'm NOT a professional in this field, and I can't guarantee to be able to help, but unless I am told the full facts then I can't help at all, I'm afraid.

Best wishes

Gill

Archived