GSM Case Officer - Team 34 Brisbane

amitsave

Hi Ppl,

any one who has this team as CO please reply......

i have submitted all my docs along with PCC n Medicals before Easter still waiting for visa

any idea how much time it takes for granting visa to Sub class 189 by this team from Brisbane

Amit

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ppl,

any one who has this team as CO please reply......

i have submitted all my docs along with PCC n Medicals before Easter still waiting for visa

any idea how much time it takes for granting visa to Sub class 189 by this team from Brisbane

Amit

What @jay2012 said, but also, if your medicals have been referred, this could introduce a long delay too.

Having medicals referred doesn't necessarily mean they found anything - some get referred whether there's an issue or not.

Do you know your CO's name?

Thank you guys for replying....

yes i know the name of CO

my medicals have been done and all docs as per reqiurment have been submitted on 28 March 2013

do we get any reply from CO after receiving the docs or any confirmation, i have processed everything through an agent......

Thank you guys for replying....

yes i know the name of CO

my medicals have been done and all docs as per reqiurment have been submitted on 28 March 2013

do we get any reply from CO after receiving the docs or any confirmation, i have processed everything through an agent......

Right, so first of all, I'd ask your agent to find out what's going on. I assume you've done this already though.

​Secondly, it's not unreasonable to contact DIAC directly for a quick update. Email would probably be preferred since it's less disruptive than a phone call, but calling them would be perfectly reasonable too.

Amit, for 189 time frame for CO allocation is 10 weeks and proceesing time is 1 year.

But it's not taking that much time though.

As far as I have seen, it takes less than 3 months for 189.

CO will contact you if she/he needs any document or data.

Otherwise you will get grant notification directly.

In my case I have uploaded all the documents including meds and PCC as soon as I lodged my application.

I haven't got any communication regarding CO allocation and directly got the grant.

So dont worry. Wait patiently. You may wake up reading the good news some day :)

Hi Rivierakid, yes i spoke to my agent couple of time but he said that its the routine time and CO has not reverted for any details. is it ok if i drop a mail to my CO for knowing the status of my application........ coz i have applied through an agent

Right, so first of all, I'd ask your agent to find out what's going on. I assume you've done this already though.

​Secondly, it's not unreasonable to contact DIAC directly for a quick update. Email would probably be preferred since it's less disruptive than a phone call, but calling them would be perfectly reasonable too.

Amit, for 189 time frame for CO allocation is 10 weeks and proceesing time is 1 year.

But it's not taking that much time though.

As far as I have seen, it takes less than 3 months for 189.

CO will contact you if she/he needs any document or data.

Otherwise you will get grant notification directly.

In my case I have uploaded all the documents including meds and PCC as soon as I lodged my application.

I haven't got any communication regarding CO allocation and directly got the grant.

So dont worry. Wait patiently. You may wake up reading the good news some day :)

Hi Jay,

how much does it take to get a visa after applying with all docs.... how much it took for u....... so i can approx it to generally........ its just like am getting more excited and bored also as m aware that its not much time for me to fly to SYD...... so cant wait now.... also its 2 long yrs of wait.......

Hey Amit... as india is categorised as high risk country so its taking more time to process the application compared to others like UK,Ireland(low risk countries)...

i lodged an application for 489 and its been more than 13 weeks and i am yet to hear from CO... and i was advised that this is normal scenario ... so be patient.. :-)

​All the best for your visa decision.. hopefully you will get it soon...

Hey Amit... as india is categorised as high risk country so its taking more time to process the application compared to others like UK,Ireland(low risk countries)...

i lodged an application for 489 and its been more than 13 weeks and i am yet to hear from CO... and i was advised that this is normal scenario ... so be patient.. :-)

​All the best for your visa decision.. hopefully you will get it soon...

fyi, India is low risk country.

Countries listed in the below DIAC's website link are among low risk, rest all are in high risk list ...

http://www.immi.gov.au/immigration/eta-eligible-passports.htm

what is your source of information?

Generally we don't go through all the security checks and we get visa within weeks.

So I assumed India is low risk country.

Anyways thanks for the link :)

Hi Friends,

Received my visa yesterday after a long wait.............. they now dnt stick visa on paspport its only a mail printout

You can, however, if you choose, pay for the visa label. We did that last year, and I think it's around $70 per label. We had ours back four days after posting it.

What @jay2012 said, but also, if your medicals have been referred, this could introduce a long delay too.

Having medicals referred doesn't necessarily mean they found anything - some get referred whether there's an issue or not.

Do you know your CO's name?

Had my medical on Friday, got speaking to the doctor. It's the doctor here that that will refer the medical. But also Australia hand pick a few on random to refer due to a sampling process. So just a heads up why medicals get referred if nothing found to be wrong.

• 1 month later...