Temporary spouse visa (800), Australian partner now pregnant.. what now?

neo1559

Hi there everyone,

I was wondering if someone could offer me some advice. I came to Australia 2 years ago on a working holiday visa to be with my Australian partner (she is an Australian citizen), since then we have got married and I am now on a spouse visa (I think it is subclass 800 - the temporary partner visa pending the 2 year waiting period to prove the legitimacy of the relationship). My question is - my wife is now pregnant and I still have exactly a year left to wait on this temporary spouse visa until a decision is made on my permanent one - does this change things at all? do I still wait another year until my permanent spouse visa is approved or do I get put on another visa?

I am really unsure as to what to do and whether or not I need to get in touch with immigration to let them know of my changing circumstances.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Actually, once there is a baby it does. It is two years or one year plus child as far as I know.

At the time of application - if you're circumstances change after you have applied for the visa you need to re-apply (and pay again) for them to be considered.

• Like 1

At the time of application - if you're circumstances change after you have applied for the visa you need to re-apply (and pay again) for them to be considered.

i'm sorry I don't follow - could you please clarify what you mean? thanks

i'm sorry I don't follow - could you please clarify what you mean? thanks

If you want DIAC to consider the fact that you have a baby (once the baby is born) and one year of living together you will need to pay for a new visa application.

There would only be three months difference between the baby being born and you getting the permanent visa anyway?

I'm more than happy to wait until three months after the baby is born before gaining permanent residency, I thought you were saying that now my partner is pregnant I have to restart the application process and pay the fee again?

I'm more than happy to wait until three months after the baby is born before gaining permanent residency, I thought you were saying that now my partner is pregnant I have to restart the application process and pay the fee again?

No that's not what I'm saying. Just that if you want DIAC to reconsider your application, you must pay again. You don't need to do anything, your current visa is valid.

No that's not what I'm saying. Just that if you want DIAC to reconsider your application, you must pay again. You don't need to do anything, your current visa is valid.

Thank god for that.... you had me worried there for a second Pfirsch! lol :wink: So I don't even need to get in touch with them to let them know? Before finding out that my wife is pregnant I was meaning to get in touch with them anyway to notify them that we're married - but I take it from what you're saying thats unnecessary? Cheers

Thank god for that.... you had me worried there for a second Pfirsch! lol :wink: So I don't even need to get in touch with them to let them know? Before finding out that my wife is pregnant I was meaning to get in touch with them anyway to notify them that we're married - but I take it from what you're saying thats unnecessary? Cheers

It's unnecessary. All they want to know is where you're living after two years so they can contact you. Then you can advise them of the baby and marriage. :)

• 7 years later...

Hi everyone 

I'm seeing if someone can help me. I've been in Australia from the UK since February 2018 on 2 working holiday visas. On my second one I met my current partner,  we are in our second rental home together,  she already has a 4 year old who I'm a step dad to , she is also pregnant with our son who is due in August this year . My second working holiday visa expired on the 19th of February 2020 and on the 26th December 19 I sent of my 820 partner visa and currently on the bridging visa for that . In the space of 12 months we have come a long way and so much genuine but by the time my working holiday visa expired it was only 9 months able to prove not 12 . We expressed how genuine and legitimate our relationship is and doing everything i can,also registered our relationship too. 

I just don't want to be in a position to have my son to be born and have to leave him because I will be absolutely heartbroken and each day it's always on my mind and worry . Can someone please give me any help , I just want everything to be okay 

21 hours ago, Liam Q said:

Hi everyone 

I'm seeing if someone can help me. I've been in Australia from the UK since February 2018 on 2 working holiday visas. On my second one I met my current partner,  we are in our second rental home together,  she already has a 4 year old who I'm a step dad to , she is also pregnant with our son who is due in August this year . My second working holiday visa expired on the 19th of February 2020 and on the 26th December 19 I sent of my 820 partner visa and currently on the bridging visa for that . In the space of 12 months we have come a long way and so much genuine but by the time my working holiday visa expired it was only 9 months able to prove not 12 . We expressed how genuine and legitimate our relationship is and doing everything i can,also registered our relationship too. 

I just don't want to be in a position to have my son to be born and have to leave him because I will be absolutely heartbroken and each day it's always on my mind and worry . Can someone please give me any help , I just want everything to be okay 

I am not sure what your question is. You have about another 18 months to wait for the partner visa to be processed