Anyone applied to TRA In the last month or so??

Wenstu

jupiter, the strange thing is that ours changed to successful at around 3 or 4pm uk time which would have been around 1am canberra time :confused:

where about are you? try not to worry, I know they received our application at least 5 days before they said they did as well,

possitive thinkingx

Edited by nikkiwd

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got two little girls 11months and 3 so kept busy.

Hubby in RAF so get use to him going away.

Jupiter19 I know how you feel. It's so nerve racking waiting. It's good that you can check on the portal tho.

I hate the thought that we might be unsuccessful again. We sent them everything they asked.

Will be so gutting if that's the case.

Will know soon enough tho. Just need to wait on our agent receiving the letter from them.

you will be kept busy with the 2 little ones, we have a girl 6 and a boy 2. my hubby loves all things plane and is often along at leuchars spotting them, he tries to go to the airshow every year! had dreams of being a pilot in RAF but never happened... instead we have an outside catering business (in fact we are catering in your neck of the woods, St Michaels the day after tomorrow for a wedding reception bbq)

Edited by nikkiwd

Checked mine three times today , that is now becoming an obsession . I will stick to checking once a day :wink: It is stressful, every time. Anyway, going to Egypt on Tuesday, hopefully they will decide until then. If not, I will check after 10 days, after our holiday.

THANKS,I am in the UK.

looked into the RPL before and the cost was thousands but welcome new contacts and avenues,and yes could you please send stat dec details ,might be my only chance.

really appreciate your help and welcome all advice as my head is in a spin at the moment and i cant seem to process my brain properly. lol

many thanks

Hi Jamie, the apprenticeship board told us there's no chance of the syllabus so we have just put that in the personal statement. We originally sent a stat de the first time. I would include everything as it won't do any harm. Our review is going tomorrow... We also looked into RPL but no one in the uk at the minute does this for stonemasons. There was a company in London who said to call them mid August as they were trying to finalise, that doesn't leave enough time tho with the tra 60 day scenarios.

good luck and keep me posted.

you will be kept busy with the 2 little ones, we have a girl 6 and a boy 2. my hubby loves all things plane and is often along at leuchars spotting them, he tries to go to the airshow every year! had dreams of being a pilot in RAF but never happened... instead we have an outside catering business (in fact we are catering in your neck of the woods, St Michaels the day after tomorrow for a wedding reception bbq)

Well done nikkiwd , that's fantastic news. Certainly makes us feel a lot more positive.....4 weeks too!!!! Happy days!!!

get the champers poured and enjoy!!!

Amazing!! Received a snail mail letter to inform me that my TRA has been successful. Absolutely buzzing!! Even more amazing is that from the date of acknowledgement to the date of confirmation was 1 day short of 4 weeks!! All that hard work of evidence gathering paid off. For any Painters & Decorators out there, I know there have been alot of questions on this forum about whether an NVQ 2 is equivalent to the AQF III. Well interestingly I have both NVQ 2 & 3 and the letter confirms that they have assessed the level 2 as the equivalent. Now onto the EOI. :biggrin:

Edited by kaiser

Wenstu, yes excited just not sure how long it will take for them to invite us. Other people on Perth Poms have had invites for SS in a week but have more points than us(we have 65) so whether that makes a difference? the nervousness we had about the TRA has just moved on to the next stage now. Im sure I'll have grey hair by the time we get there!

Hi everyone,

My husband had an unsuccessful outcome from TRA at the end of last year as the Army messed up his qualification as a Fitter. He applied for an AQF III which was supposed to take between 2 - 8 weeks but ended up taking over 20 as there was a backlog at the assessor! We are now about to apply for the skills assessment again but our agent said we need to go through vetassess now. I checked with vetassess to make sure as our agent has not been the most reliable (probably would have our visa by now if it wasn't for their mess ups!).

We got an email back from vetassess stating that because my husband now has a formal Australian qualification he can go through either TRA or vetassess. I think we are going to do it through TRA again as they seem to be quicker than vetassess at the moment and my husband has already filled in all of the TRA forms last time.

I noticed a few people had commented that the cost had gone up....my husband paid about £400 last time. Is it a lot more expensive now and does he need to do a practical? He didn't have to do a practical for the last application.

Hi massivepantz (love the name!), sorry cant help with how the practical is done through TRA as my hubby didnt do one, the fee for a migration skills assessment from TRA is now $1000 and you pay this on their online portal. Sorry to hear your agent hasnt been great, we arent using one and seem to be feeling our way through the process with a lot of help from POI. TRA are pretty quick at the moment around 4-6 weeks in most cases but do check the current guidelines and application form as i'm sure the guidelines changed slightly in May.

Hi Nikkiwd,

thanks for the advice, I will tell my husband to check the forms for any changes. I can't believe it is $1000 now....what a rip off!

Hopefully, it will be quicker than the 5 months it took last time as my husband turns 40 in November and would lose 10 points.....which would mean resitting the IELTs to get more points (my husband's written English isn't the best as he was brought up in Germany).

Dear experts,

I am planning for TRA assessment for my Electronic Instrument trade worker qualification, i need your help , is it advisable to do TRA process self or through agent? If agent can any one give me agent contact who is expert in TRA assessment .

One more help my trade is Electronic Instrument trade worker, can i apply for ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT TRADES WORKER even its not my experience field?

THANKS,I am in the UK.

looked into the RPL before and the cost was thousands but welcome new contacts and avenues,and yes could you please send stat dec details ,might be my only chance.

really appreciate your help and welcome all advice as my head is in a spin at the moment and i cant seem to process my brain properly. lol

many thanks

Any news at your end Jamie??