Anyone applied to TRA In the last month or so??

Wenstu

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shearer that is mad, I actually live in Ceres but put down St Andrews as most people know where that is. Used to live in Guardbridge a few years ago when I was working in St Andrews!

Bummer you can't check the portal, although with the last application we did we got the unsuccessful letter in the post before the portal showed the outcome!

Pmckin14 and Biggy, those timelines are pretty good, its been 4 weeks tomorrow that they've had ours so hopefully not much longer.

Helenwestwickham sorry can't help with vetassess times, not sure how long they usually take but TRA have upped their game, last year people waited 5 months for outcomes!

Hi gang ,

I am still here,been a bit down over last couple of weeks since my TRA refusal,I just dont know what to do.

They tell me I just need 1 thing ,an academic transcript,for my telecoms apprenticeship but as I have already told them I never recieved one and I dont seem to be getting anywhere with this ,my apprenticeship was all done 'in-house' at BT training schools who then awarded me an apprenticeship cerft after 3 years ,all this took place over 20 years ago.TRA have told me that my file is very good but can not proceed without this transcript,so basicly a piece of paper I was never given 20 years ago as a teenager is stopping me from chasing my childhood dream, but the 20 years of career development into an expert in my field with countless refs counts for almost nothing.

I am at a loss and feel agrieved that my life ambition has been stopped by something as petty as this.

SORRY if i seem angry but just a bit frustrarted,anyone with a magic wand please wave it in my direction as I will be 40 soon and my 60 days review time is running out.:confused::confused:

hi jamie, what about doing a statutory declaration stating you werent given one and due to the passage of time you are unable to get the person who trained you to provide one? Is there nobody in your organisation who can write a letter confirming this but also give an example of units that you would have been trained in at that time? do you have a training department or hr or something who can help...maybe google search framework for your type of apprenticeship and see if anything matches roughly what you did, send it with your stat dec explaining this is similar to what you did?

my hubby was at college 16 years ago and also doesnt have the transcript, his college wrote a letter confirming he studied there but as courses have changed since he studied a transcipt for his course is no longer available. We will soon see if this works for his but there was no mention of this issue in the failure letter we previously recieved.

keep your chin up and dont give in,

thanks ,I have lots of wriiten statements from management explaining that i did complete my apprenticeship and a certificate i ahve even wrote out detailed discriptions of all my training and got them certified by managment and a solicitor.

I do not know much about a stat dec could you explain for me as i think this sounds like a glimmer.I know there are lots of threads on here but unsure what they do ,would it support the lack of an academic transcript proving I am a qualified tradesman.how do i do one and what to put in.

sorry for all the Qs but trying to do this by myself and would love as much info as poss (in idiot fashion )

many many thanks Jay

Hi Jamie, are you just about to review?? Did you get anywhere with your certificate?? We are in the same boat, my partner only has his trade/craft card confirming his completion but the apprenticeship council have been really helpful. They have also told us there is no chance of a transcript or syllabus of his apprenticeship given it was so long ago.

have you got everything all ready to go?.

No, dont seem to be getting anywhere and TRA just keep sending same generic email stating I must follow guidelines and supply all evidence.I can not get an academic transcript so have asked TRA if a stat dec will be ok,still waiting respose.

How have you overcome this issue.?

I cant help but get angry that a peice of paper over 20 years old is viewed more important then my 20 years experience deloping my skills to an expert level which are highly sought out espically in Oz,I always get a positive response from potential employers in Australia and have made shortlists on several job applications,but no-one willing to sponsor,which is ok as i dont realy want to go down that route.

please keep in touch it feels good just to get feelings of my chest with like minded people

jamie it says in the guidelines that statutory declarations can be included with your application and may count towards evidence. we sent about 4 stat decs for different things with ours, one being for the fact we couldnt send a business reg. cert as we dont have one. he accepted the one for business reg cert first time round so hopefully be ok this time too. there is a statutory declaration template on here somewhere which I used, just write that you declare you did your apprenticeship, the things you were taught, dates, who trained you and the fact they arent there anymore, the fact you can no longer get the transcript and the reason why etc etc. and get it signed by a solicitor. If you could get a letter from someone stating that thd transcript is not available that would help too.

wenstu and jamie can you not find something on here that is similar to what you did http://www.ukces.org.uk/ourwork/standards-and-frameworks/apprenticeship-frameworks or http://www.afo.sscalliance.org/frameworkslibrary/index.cfm

if you could find something that sounded similar, put it in with your stat dec saying this is the closest you can find to your actual framework as yours was so long ago it is no longer available?

Sorry if its no use just trying to give suggestions, you'll get there ... x

No, dont seem to be getting anywhere and TRA just keep sending same generic email stating I must follow guidelines and supply all evidence.I can not get an academic transcript so have asked TRA if a stat dec will be ok,still waiting respose.

How have you overcome this issue.?

I cant help but get angry that a peice of paper over 20 years old is viewed more important then my 20 years experience deloping my skills to an expert level which are highly sought out espically in Oz,I always get a positive response from potential employers in Australia and have made shortlists on several job applications,but no-one willing to sponsor,which is ok as i dont realy want to go down that route.

please keep in touch it feels good just to get feelings of my chest with like minded people

Hi Jamie,

I managed to attain a AQF Certificate III in my trade through a Recognition of Prior Learning which includes a full academic transcript in a matter of days with no practical training, providing I supplied all the evidence for my trade. This helped me to have a successful skills assessment as I had no trade documents and had to leave Australia and apply offshore. Bearing in mind it took me a week or two to gather the evidence but you could be ready to go. If you are based in Sydney I can pvt msg you the details of the company and fees I was quoted for my trade. This guy saved my bacon!

I can also send you a detailed Statutory Declaration for a Carpenter to give you an idea what TRA are looking for in this department.

Biggy

THANKS,I am in the UK.

looked into the RPL before and the cost was thousands but welcome new contacts and avenues,and yes could you please send stat dec details ,might be my only chance.

really appreciate your help and welcome all advice as my head is in a spin at the moment and i cant seem to process my brain properly. lol

many thanks

Online portal was showing finalisation date with todays date this afternoon, just logged back in and we have a 'SUCCESSFUL' now :ssign19:

(4weeks today since they recieved it) what a relief, hope you other guys get your good news soon!

Edited by nikkiwd

That's great news congratulations! You'll be celebrating tonight.

Was that 4 weeks from when you sent it or from when they received it?

Hopefully my agent will hear back soon. At least it gives me some hope that it'll not be too much longer a wait.

Now you can get started on your eoi. Congratulations again

That's good so I reckon we should hear in probably just over a week. by time It comes thru snail mail and agent informs us.

Just sent off my 11month olds passport forms today so when I get that I can get everything certified and last bits of forms filled out then I'll be ready for next part.

Hubbys trade is metal machinist. What trade are you doing?

Have you done your ielts?

yes done ielts need to do the eoi now, I wasnt expecting it to come through so soon so still in a bit of shock, my hubby is a chef although he failed that last time so got through on cook this time.

where are you hoping to go when you get the visa?

Edited by nikkiwd

We are going to apply for a 189 visa. Hubby on a course in Wales at moment till October so I'm sorting everything till he gets back. So not planning on sending eoi till he is back. Our planned date on moving to Australia is May 2014. Depending on on tra and that our visa goes thru smoothly. 1 way or another we will get there eventually.

Just trying to get over this first hurdle at the moment.

Good luck with next part of you visa and hope its a lot less stressful that the skills assessment.

Jupiter19 lookin forward to hearing your outcome very soon. :)

thanks jupiter, yours should be very soon as you were 10 days before us i think...make sure you check the portal a couple of times a day as yesterday morning it was still awaiting assessment, by the afternoon it had a finalisation date and a couple of hours later successful ( i have checked it a few more times since then in case they change their mind:jiggy:

shearer, thats a long time for him to be away, have you got kids to keep you company :-) im hoping to update the eoi soon as but think i have to wait for the letter to come, is there not a ref number on it that I need for the eoi?

we have to go for the 190 visa as cook is not on the sol for 189 anymore but we dont mind as we wanted to go to WA anyway.

Nikkwid, I usually check in the morning, because of the time difference. I know that they received the papers on June the 14th, but on their letter they wrote June the 18th. I am a bit worried now, because you got yours already, and I am worried that they might turn us down again, because they did not make a decision yet. I know it is crazy thinking, and you never know with them...