Anyone applied to TRA In the last month or so??

Wenstu

no we didnt get the email we are expecting from them either, its been 5 days now and have to wait at least til monday now...

we are going to WA as well(hopefully) we love Perth, we spent 3 months there a few years back but we have 2 kids now so it wont be the same. we live in a small village here so used to the quiet life, the southwest is lovely so bunbury area is quite appealing.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I finally got a successful result as a cook today, this morning the portal just gave us a finalisation date, but still saying awaiting

assessment, just checked again now and it was saying successful! I am so relieved!

Are you going to appeal your result or reapply as a cook?

I am not doing a practicle test.TRA are the autority who assess my chosen occupation on the CSOL ,once you post and pay the autority you should of recieved a letter to confirm this with your TRA/ref number, this can then be put on the portal website which will then show the start/recieved date of your assessment.:biggrin:

Any news at your end Jamie?? We still haven't heard yet? Got our IELTS Results at the weekend and all good. 1 down and 1 to go... So far!

good news on your ielts, hopefully you will get more good news soon enough...

Fingers crossed, I'm hoping it will arrive in the next couple of weeks. How are you getting on nikkiwd? Any news? Are you looking to escape our lovely weather here too..:laugh:

Hi guys,yeh still here ,cant bring my self to come on here much as i got an 'unsuccesful'outcome on the portal site yesterday,i cant begin to tell you how gutted i am i feel sick to the core.I have been over my application and the guidlines countless times in the last 24 hours and just can not see where i have gone wrong even more annoying is that none of my refs have been contacted either,just waiting for the letter for the exact details.oh and gues what ,just to cheer me up a review of case has shot upto $900,happy days.Trying to find some positives but cant at the moment,been doing my job for 23 years straight from school and like all of us am very highly skilled and sought after in the telecomunications industry.

Also does anyone know why it states that i have applied under the 'job ready scheme' which is clearly not the case,just clutching at straws in case something is a miss on the portal site.:confused:

Hi guys,yeh still here ,cant bring my self to come on here much as i got an 'unsuccesful'outcome on the portal site yesterday,i cant begin to tell you how gutted i am i feel sick to the core.I have been over my application and the guidlines countless times in the last 24 hours and just can not see where i have gone wrong even more annoying is that none of my refs have been contacted either,just waiting for the letter for the exact details.oh and gues what ,just to cheer me up a review of case has shot upto $900,happy days.Trying to find some positives but cant at the moment,been doing my job for 23 years straight from school and like all of us am very highly skilled and sought after in the telecomunications industry.

Also does anyone know why it states that i have applied under the 'job ready scheme' which is clearly not the case,just clutching at straws in case something is a miss on the portal site.:confused:

Sorry to hear Jamie! I can imagine how gutted you are. They make us jump thru hoops too with all the detail. I don't know much about the portal I'm afraid! On a positive, a friend of ours got turned down first time and it was just additional basic information they wanted and he got accepted, likewise they didn't even contact his employer and he was with them for years. I heard about the fees but didn't realise it applied to reviews, surely as you have already submitted your application, you should get the review at the old fees as you are reviewing an existing application?? Worthwhile asking, these things are expensive enough!

keep your chin up! Hopefully it's just minor info they need and you are on your way soon.

Fingers crossed, I'm hoping it will arrive in the next couple of weeks. How are you getting on nikkiwd? Any news? Are you looking to escape our lovely weather here too..:laugh:

yes had enough of this 8 month winter we are having in bonny scotland! although the sun has made an appearance in time for sunset:cool: we are just waiting to hear back from TRA to answer some questions but will either send a couple more bits of additional evidence for a review or send a new application, hopefully you didnt get the same assessor as us!

Edited by nikkiwd

yes had enough of this 8 month winter we are having in bonny scotland! although the sun has made an appearance in time for sunset:cool: we are just waiting to hear back from TRA to answer some questions but will either send a couple more bits of additional evidence for a review or send a new application, hopefully you didnt get the same assessor as us!

Same here, the spring had never arrived this year, let alone summer. We had hail yesterday... Middle of May???

good luck, hopefully they don't keep you waiting too long. I don't think we've been so happy to see the postman. Everyday, we keep wondering..... Is it here??

sorry Jamie, we feel your pain...hopefully you wont be charged the increased amount as you applied before it changed. your letter will say how much it is for your review

the TRA portal isnt meant to be used for Migration skills assessment thats why it says job ready program( my hubbys says it too) but it still shows results for MSA applications for some reason.

keep your chin up and hopefully its something fairly easy to resolve, the crap bit is if you want to try and contact them you either have to wait til 1am to ring (and they couldnt answer or questions anyway) or email them and wait over a week for a reply, so frustrating!

​our letter took a week from the date it was finalised to reach us so shouldnt take long

Wenstu, i remember the feeling of butterflies when you see the post has come! where about in scotland are you then?

Hi, we are in Glasgow and looking to relocate to Adelaide, initially looked at Perth. What about you? Where are you headed?

Hi, we are in Glasgow and looking to relocate to Adelaide, initially looked at Perth. What about you? Where are you headed?

we live a few miles from st andrews and are hoping to go to perth area if we can ever get over this first hurdle!

OK guys the letter has arrived,the good news is that because i applied before the price increase my review can be done at the original prices.Now for the bad news i am confused where to go,they want academic transcripts for my apprenticeship, which i do not have.I served a 3 year apprenticeship and all training was done in house 23 years ago(i am still employed at same company and constantly training but do not keep transcripts),so i typed up full transcripts myself of all sections and got senior managment to sign these as true ,then got solicitor to certify,this obviously was not good enough.Can anyone help ,is there a solution to this as i feel lost and dont know where to go.

many many thanks:wacko:

OK guys the letter has arrived,the good news is that because i applied before the price increase my review can be done at the original prices.Now for the bad news i am confused where to go,they want academic transcripts for my apprenticeship, which i do not have.I served a 3 year apprenticeship and all training was done in house 23 years ago(i am still employed at same company and constantly training but do not keep transcripts),so i typed up full transcripts myself of all sections and got senior managment to sign these as true ,then got solicitor to certify,this obviously was not good enough.Can anyone help ,is there a solution to this as i feel lost and dont know where to go.

many many thanks:wacko:

hi Jamie, our letter has also landed and just waiting on my partner getting home from work before we open it! I don't really know what else they need. What's your trade?? We didn't submit transcripts either as my partner qualifies in the 80's, don't even think they had them then. Just straight forward apprenticeship and you served your time.

ill keep you posted, don't think I've any nails left.... Arrghhh

I wish we did, we also got a No! They are asking for copies of a certificate, which we never got on completion of the apprenticeship. We only have a card on completion of the apprenticeship which state the obvious, apprenticeship completed and the date by the sbatc....they didn't hand out Certs then. It's a proper trade paper tho! My better half is 44. They are also asking for more information about being self employed but we sent them 5 years accounts and 2 trade references from contractors and our accountant certified these, the passport and the trade card.............so now need to phone the trade body sbatc and see what I can find out!,

im not very cynical, but this is a money maker for them!!!

I am in same situation,Tried my best to get everything I can but can not give them what they want.I feel angry that just because i can t give somtihing that does not exist for myself due to it being done so long ago I must miss out despite my obvious experience and skills

sorry to hear that news Wenstu, dont know what to suggest...did you and Jamie include statutory declarations stating that you could not get the certificates and transcripts with your applications? I waited up til 1 am last Thursday to ring them and actually got someone quite helpful this time, he put in a request to the person who assesed the application to clarify the questions I had and the next morning there was the email we bad been waiting for! it was from our assessor and he actually clarrified some stuff, basically we have to re-apply as a cook which should be easy enough. He also acknowledged that some of the additional information he said was missing in our application was actually there and he appologised! he had asked for supplier invoices and references which we had given, and also a business registration certificate which we did a stat dec to explain why we didnt have one and he accepted that as well! I am just hoping they honor the fact that as our unsucessful outcome letter stated reviews and new applications are $300, we therefore paid this amount before the price increase...

Edited by nikkiwd

Hi Nikkiwd, I'm so glad you put this on , thanks! I was beginning to think I'd lost the plot. At the time we submitted the application, I included a stat declaration with references too, detailing all the equipment that we use and projects worked on. My oh works on a sub contractor basis for the same 3 /4 clients and has done for years. We even gave the references and contact details for them too.

they seem to be asking for the same info only in the format of a "Personal Statement" 5 Years accounts were supplied by our accountant and they're asking for a letter from them confirming......it's all a bit of a contradiction.

1988 is when he completed his apprenticeship and at that time the SQA didn't exist, it was a trade card with completion date. I'll call and see if they can acknowledge its in line with present day SVQ.

Surely other tradesman in the 40's must have the same dilemma....?

​I've emailed to ask for feedback, otherwise ill be staying up, did they give the info out to you ok?

You probably had the same a*hole that assessed my oh's, he is clearly not checking the evidence properly. we were told our letter from our accountant 'didnt explain how the other evidence in our application substantiated our claims of self employment' so I went through the guidelines to check as I was sure it didnt mention the letter having to state these things. I was right, if you use an accountant letter as proof of EMPLOYMENT it does say this but in the Self Employed section of the guidelines it only asks the letter to include the basic things.we did a personal statement and 3 statutory declarations for various things. The guy i spoke to on the phone couldnt answer specific questions about the application but he did put a request to the assessor for the info, he was able to confirm we have to do a whole new application to be assessed under a different occupation and he explained this best fit policy that minch23 was on about. by the way minch was very lucky to be contacted and asked which job he wanted to be assessed for and given the option to swap to cook, they should have assessed him as a chef as that is what he put on the form. I would ring them if I were you, you wait forever for the emails to come back

Edited by nikkiwd