Mums/families in Darwin?

Less

Hi,

My hubby & I (early 30s, from Warwickshire area) are new to Darwin and I'm keen to make some mummy friends. I had a good group of friends I made in the UK last year when our son was born and would like to make some good friends here too for play dates in the week, & maybe catching up as families with partners in tow on the weekends.

Give me a shout if anyone is interested in a play date/weekend park catch up etc.

​Lessa

Hi Lessa

We are not in Darwin yet, but will be from July 19th. I have 15 month old twins and will defo be interested in any playdates.

I'd also love to hear about any kid friendly places you come across between now and then.

How are you settling in?

​Joanne

Hi Joanne, We're finding it good so far. There are quite a few things to do with little ones (play centres, water parks) and I met 2mums the other day both with twins around the same age as yours. Good luck with your move!

hi Ed, didn't get the message I'm afraid...

Lessa

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Ali

Whereabouts are you moving from? I wouldn't class Darwin as a city in UK terms, more of a large town, with town centre, big shopping mall at the other end of town, plus palmerston has another shopping area (20mins drive). I really like Darwin, lots of stuff to do for kids - great for playing outdoors with free waterparks and stuff. It's gorgeous too.

Yes it's expensive, and I've found I have to change the way I view money - everything costs more, but generally the wages account for this. Don't get too scared by rent prices, fuel estimates etc.

Message me if you need any more info.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this thread will still be active but thought i'd give it a go!

Myself & my family are arriving in Darwin at the end of August. We would love to catch up with any other families / couples in the area. We have 2 children, 4 years & 9 months. Not sure as to which area we will be living yet but more than likely will be around Palmerston, although my job is in Darwin CBD.

We have lived in Australia before but this will be our first time living in the NT- we know how isolated it can feel when arriving in a new place & would love to try to get our new social calender filling up!

Anyway- back to the packing! Lol!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Vickie,

Hope that your move to Darwin is going ok? We will be moving to Darwin beginning of October and would love to meet up with other families too. We have 2 girls, 4 years and 14 mths and are expecting to be moving into the Lyons area.

Would be great to hear from you. Claire

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all, we moved to Darwin from NSW in August. I'm from Kent but have lived in Australia about 10 years. My husband is Australian. Our son is nearly 4 and our daughter is 18 months. Finding it hot, and my little boy is a bit all over the place & unsettled by the move, so it's been harder to meet people than I expected. Drop me a line if anyone's interested in catching up, we are in Rapid Creek :-)

Hi ladies

Happy to host a play date at our place in Fannie Bay so some of us newbies can get together. Le me know if you would be interested (our place is pretty much baby proofed) best times for me is in the morning. My twins are now 20 months (18 adjusted)

Hi all, we moved to Darwin from NSW in August. I'm from Kent but have lived in Australia about 10 years. My husband is Australian. Our son is nearly 4 and our daughter is 18 months. Finding it hot, and my little boy is a bit all over the place & unsettled by the move, so it's been harder to meet people than I expected. Drop me a line if anyone's interested in catching up, we are in Rapid Creek :-)

Hi Guys,

Hope your all adjusting too this cold weather we are currently having, we too are fairly new to darwin and also looking too meet new people. I'm from Cambridge, my partner is Belgian and our little rascal is approaching 3. We are a pretty laid back couple so if you fancy a chinwag drop us a line. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...