6 Months back in the UK....

cartertucker

Thought I would give those that are interested a little update...

We have been back in the UK for 6 months now, we are truly happy to be home

Settled back in great, Hubby has steady work & we are busy building his roofing business back up

We are really glad to have had our Australian 'adventure' it has taught us so much, most important of all, that what we have here in the UK is actually pretty good & we now appreciate it so much more... :cute:

Hi Kelly

We are also home and have been for nearly 3 weeks now. So glad we are home after trying it and echo everything that you have said. Home is where the heart is and we now realise what we had here was not that bad after all. Agree with milly also about feeling half dead. Only drawback for us is our daughter is only home for another 3 weeks as she is returning to Oz hopefully only for a short while.

Good luck

Shane

Hi Kelly

We are also home and have been for nearly 3 weeks now. So glad we are home after trying it and echo everything that you have said. Home is where the heart is and we now realise what we had here was not that bad after all. Agree with milly also about feeling half dead. Only drawback for us is our daughter is only home for another 3 weeks as she is returning to Oz hopefully only for a short while.

Good luck

Shane

Well, what a journey we have both been on!

Remember you from the 'WA where are you now thread'!

Glad you are also happy to be home ~ Fresh appreciation eyes are fantastic hey :wink:

Must be hard to think of waving your Daughter off, whats making her return, if you dont mind my asking? (feel free to PM me if you would prefer)

Wow Kelly thats gone quick , seems like yesterday we were comparing reccie notes!!! Were still here living SOR still ok so far but you never know what's round the corner! Best of luck hope the business continues to grow for you both.

Regards

​Chris

Well, what a journey we have both been on!

Remember you from the 'WA where are you now thread'!

Glad you are also happy to be home ~ Fresh appreciation eyes are fantastic hey :wink:

Must be hard to think of waving your Daughter off, whats making her return, if you dont mind my asking? (feel free to PM me if you would prefer)

Hi Kelly

Well she got a place at Uni but I think its more like your son im afraid as she has got herself a boyfriend !!

not Looking forward to waving her off as she flies 2 weeks tomorrow

Shane

p.s I will get round to joing your f-book group but im nmot on it yet

SHane x

Thought I would give those that are interested a little update...

We have been back in the UK for 6 months now, we are truly happy to be home

Settled back in great, Hubby has steady work & we are busy building his roofing business back up

We are really glad to have had our Australian 'adventure' it has taught us so much, most important of all, that what we have here in the UK is actually pretty good & we now appreciate it so much more... :cute:

Hi there, just came across your post looking through the threads and posts.

How lovely for you and how interesting, so you are really happy you made the right move.

Can I ask what made you decide Uk was a better life?

Has it really been that easy settling back in?

How long were u in WA?

We have just sold our oz home and are making plans to return to Uk too..

I known people think we are mad, we built an amazing dream home and yes the weathers great (sometimes when not too hot haha)

But there is just too much missing for me and the pull back to the UK is so strong, the weather is far less important now for me, happiness comes first.

Be really interested in your views...

I truely believe we too will appreciate been back in UK too ....:biggrin:

• 3 years later...
Hi there, just came across your post looking through the threads and posts.

How lovely for you and how interesting, so you are really happy you made the right move.

Can I ask what made you decide Uk was a better life?

Has it really been that easy settling back in?

How long were u in WA?

We have just sold our oz home and are making plans to return to Uk too..

I known people think we are mad, we built an amazing dream home and yes the weathers great (sometimes when not too hot haha)

But there is just too much missing for me and the pull back to the UK is so strong, the weather is far less important now for me, happiness comes first.

Be really interested in your views...

I truely believe we too will appreciate been back in UK too ....:biggrin:

Sorry, I missed this post....So busy with life!

Did you make the move back to the UK in the end?