Calling all nurses!!

jodimorton

from day i sent it, it took 8 weeks, i had to call them though and ask if they had got everything just as a nudge in right direction and the next day i got the letter of eligibility, so i feel like had i called them earlier i would have got it sooner. That was Sydney office.

looks like not everyone needs to send one, probably best to wait until they ask

xxlornaxx - how long it take for your reg to come through?

after 8 weeks I had heard nothing, rang them and they said there was a few things outstanding, so i sent them.

They were received 3-4 weeks ago, have rung them weekly since then and Im just told I should hear something soon, Im worried there is someting wrong, shouldnt be. Between AHPRA and my IETLS next week Im going round the bend. cant believe Im stressing about an english language test!!!

i didn't know anything about the ielts test before i went for it, just knew it was an English test so i didn't feel the need to look it up as i am English so just went in blind and got all 8' n 8.5's. i feel like had i read about it on here first i would have done worse due to all the horror stories about it being so hard lol although i would get some practice in for it as people say revision really helps, apparently there is books n stuff but don't stress too much, thats what will mess it up for you not your ability! good luck :)

i need 20 points from the IELTS, all 8's!! most worried about the writing

that is frustrating, i was feeling sick and stressed and i only had 8 week wait! there cant be anything wrong as they would have told you so probably just got a few to get through but i think the regular phone calls are a good idea...it will come through and you will wonder what you got so worked up for lol then you'll have the next steps to stress about! :) does feel good when it comes through though, hope you don't have too much longer to wait x

after 8 weeks I had heard nothing, rang them and they said there was a few things outstanding, so i sent them.

They were received 3-4 weeks ago, have rung them weekly since then and Im just told I should hear something soon, Im worried there is someting wrong, shouldnt be. Between AHPRA and my IETLS next week Im going round the bend. cant believe Im stressing about an english language test!!!

when i went for it i actually didn't realize English people could fail it so didn't even think that could happen, i didn't really take it seriously, i was totally naive, afterwards when i came on here and read about other peoples experiences i felt really lucky! if your English then i think its just preparing for exam conditions, time limit, exam type questions etc..good luck, if i had known that it was so difficult when i went for it i would have been so stressed!..and probably failed :P if you revise and prepare as best you can im sure you will be fine :)

I'm English too but I've heard so many fail by 1 point so I feel I best revise.. Well done to u though! It too expensive to fail aswel! I can't afford to keep re- sitting the test!!

aww im sure it wont be as bad as your imagining..practice practice practice and then on day of test don't do any more practice just relax and try to think of other things, do something else..free your head up to give it time to work properly :) thats what i do for exams and i always do better if i get a good rest and don't revise right up to last minute..good luck and lets us know how you get on :) xx

Thanks!! I'm not very good in exam environment! I'm a terrible sufferer of mental block!!! Lol ! But I will try my very best! :-))

Good luck, hope it goes ok! Have you looked on you tube? Some good video and links on there!

i will try, got a busy week ahead, after 4 long shifts i wont be in any state to concentrate, but thanks for the support. maybe lorna is right, just chill out about it, we're english speakers after all!!

I feel I've been totally ripped off now! I had found my original transcript from when I got my degree but because it did not have the hours of practical studies it was rejected by the ahpra! So I've had to pay just for that evidence! :(

Hi practicenurse I submitted my application to AHPRA last week when I was in Melbourne and they have come back saying the same about proof of hours. Can I ask how you sorted this out? Did your uni then send something else detailing practical hours. I e-mailed my uni as the contact person never answers the phone but have not heard anything back yet. I kept a list of all my placement dates, hrs, etc and handed that list in last Thursday together with supporting emails from the uni telling me where my placements were & dates but AHPRA have not got back to me either so not sure that will swing it. Not sure what to do next!!

it sounds like you have sent the right transcript to ahpra as it needs to be a full one, they did that to me but i knew i had sent the right one so i phoned and emailed them their stipulations and how my transcript had met these..they replied the next day with my letter of eligibility :) so they must have made a mistake. I always found them very helpful on the phone and quick to reply to emails. Hope you get it sorted.

Hi there, thanks for replying. the uni emailed me back and copied me their transcript which is a very detailed breakdown of theory & practical hours so not sure what ahpra are looking for. think i will need to phone them tonight/their morning. thanks again