Calling all nurses!!

jodimorton

Hi all,

I'm trying to complete my registration form for the Australian Nursing Board but i'm struggling a bit. Can anyone who's filled it in remember what they had to do?

I have requested my university transcrips and am just waiting for them to arrive. I'm strugging with part 13 - a statement of service from your employers over the last 5 years. Does this really mean I need to get statements from every employer from the last 5 years??

And then there's section 26. Have you completed 5 years full time equivalent education.....?? I'm completely lost by this question!!

Would really appreciate any help from anyone who has managed to fill their form out successfully :-)

Many thanks,

Jodi.

Guest Guest26012

Hi, I'm a nurse but it was years ago since I did mine! Hope you get replies from others that have done it recently. If you don't there is a nurses section on here.

Hi Jodi,

I haven't yet applied for AHPRA but I've sent my application off for ANMAC as I'm applying for a PR visa - this asks the same thing re: employer statements over the last 5 years. I was told by our agent that you definitely do need to send in references for each employer. Admittedly, I did find it a faff re-contacting employers from years back, and did have to keep chasing one of them up who took over 2 months to finally get round to writing me a reference, but it's done now and I can (hopefully) forget about it.

It may be slightly different for AHPRA - I haven't got as far applying for my registration yet but I do know that ANMAC will forward all the documents to AHPRA when the time comes, so I'm presuming it's pretty much the same. Hopefully someone who's been through the AHPRA process will correct me if I'm wrong!

Good luck! x

Hi Jodi,

I have AHPRA eligiblity and the "statement of service from employer" was one of the things which delayed the process!. I sent AHPRA an email and asked them to specify areas that need addressing, this was their response (copied and pasted):

A current nursing/midwifery professional reference from a senior nurse/midwife with a supervisory role in relation to your nursing/midwifery employment. The reference should be on official employer letterhead, dated and signed and contain the following information:

- dates of employment.

- attest to your safe and competent practice as a nurse/midwife

- state the level/grade of position.

- indicate whether your employment is/was full time or part time.

- state the duties and scope of the role.

- indicate the practice setting.

- state whether you work/ed in a supervised or unsupervised capacity.

- detail the experience gained in the role e.g clinical, education, research, management.

I got my manager to complete this statement of service on a letterhead with subheadings for each point mentioned above. The manager, deputy manger and clinical team leader then signed the statement. This was accepted (thank god!)

i have ahpra eligibility and was told i only need statement of service from nursing posts, and they just had to state job title, salary, department, dates of employment and whether it was full or part time, i got this from HR departments quickly enough...if you are a nurse you will have had at least 5 years education, you need to write a stat dec to say you were taught in english, or letter from education institution or take ielts test..good luck with your application

Jodi,

Section 26,

I gather you attended secondary school, college and university? this means you have more than 5 years full time equivalent of being taught and assessed in the English language. If yes, you don't have to sit an IELTS.

I had to make an additional page and listed all the courses sat and assessed (in English) from secondary to recent university courses (using the same format as AHPRA). It was a very boring task but was accepted.

I was however asked to provided a letter from my secondary school and university to confirm I was taught and assessed in the English language. Just contact the schools and explain your situation, make sure they provide it on a letterhead and signature! I also got notary public to certify these letters to be safe!

Good luck! :biggrin:

My statement of service was a short letter including my role, hours, and length of employment. My secondary school letter was rejected because it only said I had attended the school with the dates, it did not say I was taught in English. So ensure its got that in letter. My Transcript from my Uni cost me £120. Good luck.

Edited by pacticenurse

My manager has written a reference for me in march and dated 17 march 13 , i have since left the nursing post , im not going to be ready to send it to anmac yet until do my IELTs in June - , i wont send it off until august to Anmac will it be okay/ accepted if reference is dated as written in March ? Or will i gave to get my exmanager to print it off and date it in August?Thanks

Hi practice nurse,

i was shocked when u said your uni transcript cost £120 . Mine was only £25. From a Scottish uni a couple of months ago.

​good luck everyone .x

Really? I was reluctant to pay that much but had no choice, they said if I need any copies afterwards then it's a lower charge of 30.00...

Hi All

I am currently completing my AHPRA registration form - nearly there!! I just need to get the relevant paperwork certified - hoping to do that at a local court as advised by a previous thread.

When it comes to payment, what is the best way to pay? Is it by credit card?

Also I had my skills assessed by the ANMC in 2008 - I have added a certified copy of my letter stating that my skills have been assessed as suitable for migration for the nominated occupation of Registered Nurse - Does anyone know if this is adequate or do I need to contact the ANMC and ask them to pass the information over? I don't want to re-contact both universities for transcripts again.

the statement of service can come from HR, its a fairly common request that they get, especially in a big organisation like the nhs, they knew exactly what i was asking for and had a standard format that they use, it was fine for ahpra. I thought ahpra were just asking for the name of referees, so I didnt send them a reference, they informed two months later so I'm still waiting to be registered, 4 months later

the statement of service can come from HR, its a fairly common request that they get, especially in a big organisation like the nhs, they knew exactly what i was asking for and had a standard format that they use, it was fine for ahpra. I thought ahpra were just asking for the name of referees, so I didnt send them a reference, they informed two months later so I'm still waiting to be registered, 4 months later

Did the AHPRA want references? This wasn't a requirement on my application, I sent mine off 3wks ago. It only asked for statement of service.

When was this? Was it recent? I wonder if the criteria has changed, I heard from the office 1wk after sending application to ask for another secondary school letter because the one I sent did not have enough evidence in it, I've been in contact with them regarding this and they have not mentioned anything regarding references, I wonder if I should just send some references anyway incase it slows the process down...

i didn't send any references and it was fine with just statement of service, got registration at start of this year.

When was this? Was it recent? I wonder if the criteria has changed, I heard from the office 1wk after sending application to ask for another secondary school letter because the one I sent did not have enough evidence in it, I've been in contact with them regarding this and they have not mentioned anything regarding references, I wonder if I should just send some references anyway incase it slows the process down...

It doesn't say anywhere that they want a reference, but they do expect, they did from me! Where do they say about a school letter, I knew to send one because a friend had advised me? With Ahpra you are meant to be a mind reader.

I sent a secondary school letter to prove I was taught in English,