Nurse! Holiday and sick pay?

Bouncy

Hi there, wondered if there are any nurses in oz who can shed some light on holiday entitlement and sick pay? Was told by a friend that you only get a few weeks sick pay then nothing, is this true? And how many weeks holiday would a hospital nurse be entitled to? Thanks in advance for any help with this! X

Hi there, wondered if there are any nurses in oz who can shed some light on holiday entitlement and sick pay? Was told by a friend that you only get a few weeks sick pay then nothing, is this true? And how many weeks holiday would a hospital nurse be entitled to? Thanks in advance for any help with this! X

Most people in Australia get 4 weeks annual leave. Nurses get more and someone will tell you

Standard paid sick leave in Australia is around 10 working days per year. Nurses may get more. If you do not use your sick leave in a year it accumulates to the next year. After you use up your sick leave you are on unpaid leave or you can use your holidays.

Hi,

I'm a nurse and in SA I get four weeks annual leave with the public holidays on top of that so about six weeks. Sick leave I get 115hrs a year, that does accrue over the years if not used. There is also long service leave after ten years but I'm ages away from that!

Gill x