Anyone moved back to Ireland recently?

dor34

Hi, I moved back to Tipperary in July 2012 and I'm lovin it. Having said that its not easy, but then I'm in a rural area, I'm sure more opportunities would exist in Dublin or any other city for that matter.

The only difficulty I see is work -Ii kept my house here when I went to Perth, only stayed there 10 months. If you can get work back here, you will be grand. I love being home and have a new appreciation for everything.

I actually wonder what the hell I was thinking going back to Perth in the first place, must have been mad.

(I had previously lived in oz for over 20 years, but back in Ireland almost 20 years).

Hi Niamh,

Thanks for your kind offer! I have family in Dublin so am up to date with what's going on. I was just hoping to hear from people who have returned and how they have found it. Good luck with your adventure and likewise if there's anything you need to know about Perth, just ask. Best of luck.

Dor

Hi, I moved back to Tipperary in July 2012 and I'm lovin it. Having said that its not easy, but then I'm in a rural area, I'm sure more opportunities would exist in Dublin or any other city for that matter.

The only difficulty I see is work -Ii kept my house here when I went to Perth, only stayed there 10 months. If you can get work back here, you will be grand. I love being home and have a new appreciation for everything.

I actually wonder what the hell I was thinking going back to Perth in the first place, must have been mad.

(I had previously lived in oz for over 20 years, but back in Ireland almost 20 years).

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Great to hear that things have worked out well for you and that you are so happy! I am returning with my 2 youngest daughters next week (my eldest has already left as she hated it here) and my husband is staying here working until he can get a job at home. Even though we completely want to go back I am still a bit nervous about the whole move.

This is our second time moving to Perth and I can't move my kids again after we go back. We have Aus citizenship, so the kids can come back in the future if they need or want to.

I can't wait to feel that we are home again and where we belong.

All the best.

Dor

You'll be grand Dor, but like I said, work is the problem. I'm not sure how easy it will be for your husband to find work in Ireland from Australia, but then it depends on his profession, and you've done it before so you'll know the steps to take.

Where in Perth were you? We were NOR and our quality of life was crap. We have a much better life here in Tipp, but I kept my house so we were 'going home' literally. Someone in Perth will be on to tell you how wonderful Hillarys Boat Harbour is and the free bbq's and beach, but OMG, I was sick to death of it. I have a much more varied life here and I'm outside all the time as I'm a runner, couldn't run in the Perth heat and didn't want to get up at 5.30am.

Its not easy moving half way round the world, again, but its doable. Hope it works out for you all.

Hi Dor, I am going back to Ireland on 20th April and glad to be Perth is lovely and sunny and thats about it. Its overpriced and everything is just too expensive on weekly basis you I had not got a good life here up every day for the rat race to work I was too nakered to enjoy the evenings good luck to you and you will have better life in Ireland especially with kids.

donal

We are currently thinking about moving back to you UK and after reading your post, that is something that we said. We would be going back with 'a new appreciation for everything'. That is what we think we would have if we did decide to go back.