Fat People Are Whingers

Guest The Pom Queen

Personally i prefer a woman with a fat arse over a skinny arse,ive researched this,and it works for me,this is important scientific data...........

Having a fat arse is much better when you fall, i landed on mine when i broke my wrist, if i hadnt had my fat arse then it might of been ever worse.. Its a necessity for accident prone people like me lol

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having a fat arse is much better when you fall, i landed on mine when i broke my wrist, if i hadnt had my fat arse then it might of been ever worse.. Its a necessity for accident prone people like me lol

Mines like steel,dont like to brag like.........................

Us fatties are jealous of you.. Your always going on about how much you eat lol

Lol,i doubt anyones jealous of me! im probs carrying a spare bit of meat meself,yeah i eat a fair bit,had salt,pepper and chilli ribs,portion of crispy won ton,and singapore rice vermacelli with prawn crackers last nite,eat it all,fat bastard,wafer thin mint sir?!

I feel very sorry for the children I see that are over weight by over eating fattening foods - they can be bullied and ostraticsed by their peers and it really is a form of child abuse.

I have done a few 'charity bag packing' exercises at the local supermarkets - and the utter trash that people buy, on a weekly basis, is astounding. Minerals (coke, 7up, fanta, etc), litres and litres of the stuff - I know adults that drink coke for breakfast - its disgusting. Just because coke is buy 1 get 1 free doesn't mean you buy 6 two litre bottles! Fish in batter, chicken nuggets, ready meals etc, packets of biscuits, muti packs of crisps, utter rubbish. Very few children know their vegetables and fruit, and if you could believe some of the polls in the papers, some children don't know what a carrot looks like, or that milk comes from cows.

Have a look in the trolley of the person beside you and see what they have - I found it no different in Ireland to Australia.

Adults can be lazy and not want to cook. Fine if its only you you have to worry about, not so good when you are cooking for others. Its not up to schools/government to educate you about the food you put in your mouth. Have some personal responsibility and educate yourself about what you are eating and feeding your children. Its on the packaging, which will give you some info. But also, we all have computers and the internet, look up receipes - remember meat and two veg - it is what it is - grill a chop, steam some vege, make yourself gravy - done.

If, like me, you are a bit chunky, stop buying crap - better for your wallet and your wasteline.

Some people on this thread have been very honest about their and their families health issues and I wish you and yours well. But we cannot deny that some of us (me) would benefit from locking the kitchen door and eating the key, rather than the contents of the fridge.

I agree with what you're saying, but I do think think that it would help to have education about food in schools. Show kids how to cook simple, inexpensive meals. I did home economics at school and I cooked a lot at home as a teenager, so it's easy for me to cook from scratch. I'm also at home full time, so have lots of time to plan and prepare meals. My kids cook often, but I know they're lucky in that I'm interested, know how to teach them and I've never cared about the amount of mess they make doing it (even to the point of having the bottom burned out of pans and bench tops being ruined!!).There are those who don't have those skills. Education should be about life skills as well as the three R's. We teach about relationships, sex, smoking, so why is food any less important?

We should make people very aware of the crap that's in so much stuff we can buy, to make it 'tastier', or to last longer. It could be done as part of science lessons. After all, most of the rubbish in food has comes from science. It's ok saying that people have to take responsibility for their own lives, and I agree with you, but the knowledge and skills have to be learned first.

One of my friends, who is very intelligent, watched me shelling peas once and asked me what on earth I was doing to those beans? I told her that were peas, but she didn't believe me and said that peas came from the supermarket in bags. She was only half joking.. She lived in a city when she was growing up and had never seen food growing in a field!

Ahh shelling peas, used to do that with my granddad sat on the porch, very satisfying.

I can see a point about apples not going as far as cheaper alternatives, but here I am again thinking, with a bit of creativity you could make a lot of fun lunch box snacks, even TASTY ones, for cheap. For example, I made a lovely batch of about 24 cupcakes today, carrot and pineapple. Not necessarily the best for your waistline despite being slightly healthier than chocolate, but still better than most stuff you can buy out of a wrapper. And the best part? All the ingredients cost me about £1.50 for the batch, and you can freeze them too I think.

I SO agree about educating about food, I learnt to cook in Food Tech. at school, simple things but the backbone of a love of cooking was developed there and now nothing beats making a new recipe and totally nailing it. I am also of the thought that cooking doesn't take a long time, either. A lot of ready meals are born from people coming home from work and not having the energy to cook a meal, and soon it turns to 'I don't have TIME' but a lot of dishes that are healthy are also quick to make.

Not slating people who are overweight, I'm vastly overweight myself, and know how difficult it can be to lose it (and how easy it is to put it back on!).

Ahh shelling peas, used to do that with my granddad sat on the porch, very satisfying.

I can see a point about apples not going as far as cheaper alternatives, but here I am again thinking, with a bit of creativity you could make a lot of fun lunch box snacks, even TASTY ones, for cheap. For example, I made a lovely batch of about 24 cupcakes today, carrot and pineapple. Not necessarily the best for your waistline despite being slightly healthier than chocolate, but still better than most stuff you can buy out of a wrapper. And the best part? All the ingredients cost me about £1.50 for the batch, and you can freeze them too I think.

I SO agree about educating about food, I learnt to cook in Food Tech. at school, simple things but the backbone of a love of cooking was developed there and now nothing beats making a new recipe and totally nailing it. I am also of the thought that cooking doesn't take a long time, either. A lot of ready meals are born from people coming home from work and not having the energy to cook a meal, and soon it turns to 'I don't have TIME' but a lot of dishes that are healthy are also quick to make.

Not slating people who are overweight, I'm vastly overweight myself, and know how difficult it can be to lose it (and how easy it is to put it back on!).

It's amazing how much of the world you can put to rights shelling a few peas. And top and tailing gooseberries, picking over redcurrants, blackberries, blackcurrants....

Any ladies feeling a bit low over weight issues are free to send me photos via the medium of PM,i will then respond by sending you a confidence boosting PM:ssign15:

#The fattie whisperer#

Just bumping this post up,keep sending the photos of the fat hoops ladies,i WILL reassure you:ssign5:

Its a hard job,but i like to do my bit.................................

Is Pablo actually really truly analysing womens photos and offerring reassurance /advice? OMG, I just had a brilliant idea we should do like what Gok Wan does (no not wear our hair in stupid massive flicks) take naked but classy pics of ourselves and start a new thread full of them to get real feedback. Who's in?

Guest scrumpy

Well if anyone needs a SECOND OPINION, as always Im here to help,

Im not an expert, but I will have a damn good look for you,

Edited by scrumpy

Is Pablo actually really truly analysing womens photos and offerring reassurance /advice? OMG, I just had a brilliant idea we should do like what Gok Wan does (no not wear our hair in stupid massive flicks) take naked but classy pics of ourselves and start a new thread full of them to get real feedback. Who's in?

Lol no hes just winding us up, im sure he'd jump at the chance though! You go ahead mrs lol i'll stay out of this one! Yous could do a calender girls type photoshoot!

Lol no hes just winding us up, im sure he'd jump at the chance though! You go ahead mrs lol i'll stay out of this one! Yous could do a calender girls type photoshoot!

No,a few ladies have wanted reassurance,i tried to provide it,its a small price to pay......

Anyway,im off,tara!

Much as I like you Harpo... your answer is total crap. You have no friggin idea of the number of people who have health related or medication issues that cause weight gain. Sorry you have just scored nil out of 10 from me for the first time ever in one of your answers on this forum.

I do, medical conditions which cause obesity/overweight amount to about 1% of cases of obesity, as was stated in that patient.co.uk link.

The rest of the time it is an indirect cause, whether it be depression causing comfort eating, or antidepressants causing some weight gain, or osteoarthritis/post-op pain causing inactivity: ALL of those indirect causes of weight gain can be corrected by reducing calorie intake and increasing exercise. It didn't say it was easy, but it is possible.

The bitter pill that some people have to swallow is that if they genuinely want to lose weight, they CAN do so, but it requires a lot of work and a considerable amount of discomfort.

Guest scrumpy

avuncular?? Is that some kind of doughnut??

Look sorry guys,I know its childish, its like some kind of social terrets Ive got at the moment,

Help meeeeeeeeeeeeeee

The food industry does not help. What's with the advertising of cheese having as much fat as a jam donut - well duh when I went to school dairy products had fat in them but at least cheese was cheese and you knew what you wee eating. So what does 80% fat free cheese consist off? Bet your bottom dollar it's full of sugar, salt and a million additives and tastes like crap!

Remember the posters of the food pyramid where sugar and fat was at the top and sugar was supposed to be a 'treat'. Now every product is loaded with hidden sugar it's nigh on impossible to avoid. Why do savoury crackers need sugar in them ffs they're supposed to be savoury!

My big health issue is yeast overgrowth and when I got down to really looking at cutting out sugar, it was a huge challenge, but when I really sick to it the weight falls off! Probiotic products to help with the problem - loaded with sugar!

The other thing I have found is when you research portion control although we eat very healthy we still eat too much, (OH is a chef and thinks he's feeding the 5000 which doesn't help). Meat is supposed to be the size of your palm and that good old fashioned full fat tasty cheese is supposed to be a matchbox size. I'm trying to work towards having real tasty non altered food but in the right portion size. Oh and getting off my backside and doing some more exercise. (Lovely walk down St Kilda beach yesterday with the dog), so what to do today? mmm get out of bed and stop typing this to start with........