Fat People Are Whingers

Guest The Pom Queen

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, that is right. I literally spend all day stuffing MacDonald and other fatty foods down my neck and sitting in front of the TV. It is a wonder how I get anything else done. I really don't have time to run a home, look after two children and a husband, go bush walking twice a week, run on my treadmill every day, run a business and cook healthy meals for the rest of my normal weight family, whilst stuffing MacDonalds and other fatty foods down my neck and sitting in front of the TV.

No need to be so defensive i didn't say all overweight people did I?

Guest The Pom Queen
Lol,she hasnt given me a rant to be fair,she's just a lovely girl and i end up feeling guilty:embarrassed::laugh:

Pmsl I daren't say anything to you as I know you feel guilty, I just need to give you the hard stare and your a good boy again :tongue:

A lot of people are just in denial about their weight and it seems the new norm is for people to be overweight.

Let's be realistic, unless it is due to a medical reason ( only a tiny percentage fit this bill) then it really is a case of too much unhealthy food and not enough exercise. Time to be real about this and not be defensive or make justifications for weight issues.

Pmsl I daren't say anything to you as I know you feel guilty, I just need to give you the hard stare and your a good boy again :tongue:

Lol,this is true Kate:wink:,i never responded to getting told off in school,just made me worse,i was always good for Miss Wood tho

Ahhhhh miss Wood by name.........:wubclub::notworthy::biggrin:

Guest The Pom Queen

I do agree with parts of what you say, BUT, you can't tar everyone with the same brush. I see people who are overweight who may be sat in the park stuffing their face with a cream cake, its same when I was in hospital and I see lung cancer patients going outside for a cigarette, now that is one that really irks me, especially as I've never had a cigarette in my life. However, I don't go judging all smokers or all patients with lung cancer.

No, but you did say the vast majority, and unless you know the vast majority of all overweight people on the planet, then you have no point to make.

from patient.co.uk

[h=3]Medical problems[/h] Less than 1 person in 100 obese people has a 'medical' cause for their obesity. For example, conditions such as Cushing's syndrome and an underactive thyroid are rare causes of weight gain. Women with polycystic ovary syndrome may also be overweight. (See separate leaflets called Cushing's Syndrome and Polycystic Ovary Syndrome for further details on these conditions.)

Some medicines such as steroids, some antidepressants, sulfonylureas and sodium valproate may contribute to weight gain. If you give up smoking, your appetite may increase and, as a result, you may put on weight. People with low mood or depression may also have a tendency to eat more energy-dense 'comfort' foods and so gain weight.

99 out of 100 is a vast majority wouldn't you all agree?

Guest Guest26012
from patient.co.uk

Medical problems

Less than 1 person in 100 obese people has a 'medical' cause for their obesity. For example, conditions such as Cushing's syndrome and an underactive thyroid are rare causes of weight gain. Women with polycystic ovary syndrome may also be overweight. (See separate leaflets called Cushing's Syndrome and Polycystic Ovary Syndrome for further details on these conditions.)

Some medicines such as steroids, some antidepressants, sulfonylureas and sodium valproate may contribute to weight gain. If you give up smoking, your appetite may increase and, as a result, you may put on weight. People with low mood or depression may also have a tendency to eat more energy-dense 'comfort' foods and so gain weight.

Got any of those stats for oz?

They are normal though not fat!

Well im not so sure everyone would say theyre "normal" tbh,i see plenty of bitchy comments in the papers etc,im not really arsed who is "fat" and who isnt,i have plenty of vices of my own,so im in no position to judge,im about 6ft2 or 3,and about 15 and a half 16 stone,i do a physical job,the one im on now is 8 flights of stairs to the floor im in charge of,im up and down it countless times a day,often helping the labourers out by carrying a cpl of concrete block on my shoulder,but i bet im overweight according to the doctors charts,ive got more to worry about than fatties

Edited by pablo

My husband is also very slim and tall, he struggles incredibly hard to get weight on and works out every day. He's put on 5kg and it's amazing how much our meals are different to one another.

For me, my over-eating is due to boredom. When I'm busy, I don't eat much at all, and I love to exercise. I do think that a lot of people have very valid reasons for their weight to be over; how can we really expect people to eat naturally and maintain/lose weight naturally when all foods are so 'low fat' or 'low sugar'. Fat isn't what's going to kill you! Eating margarine on countless slices of bread because 'it's low fat' will. Food pumped full of chemicals cannot progress natural weight loss, I feel. It's no wonder so many have poor metabolism, what with starving themselves and then over-eating.

However. There are some that could quite easily lose weight if they only exercised...and I'm not talking about exercise as in walking. I'm talking about exercising self-control. I also think it's very easy to ignore what's going in our mouths when we all eat in front of a laptop or TV. Let's face it, it's easy to buy processed food, and it's easy to put it in a microwave, and it's easy to eat it. It's difficult to cook from scratch, it takes longer, and it's not pumped full of sugar. I think that's where most people fail... people expect it to be easy to change lifelong habits. Think about when you were a child, and you fell over...'It's ok darling, let's get you a bag of chocolate buttons.' It's not just people, it's an eating culture, we are constantly being rewarded with food. Well I'm sick of being treated like a dog!

People make assumptions the other way round too. My middle daughter, in particular, is very slim. 5' 10", long limbed, narrow waist (size 6/10 depending on the clothes) etc and the number of people who have whispered to me about whether she eats and am I worried about her is amazing. She's naturally that shape and eats healthily. Ok, her Easter eggs last longer than her sisters', but she doesn't deprive herself! I know the whispers go on behind my back too, but that's their problem. I know she's fine.

As a society we're obsessed with the way people look which is sad. Being grossly over or underweight is obviously a threat to health, but we're far too wound up with what is the 'ideal'.

This got me thinking - never considered my boy when reading this thread but your comments re your daughter reminded me of an incident last term at school when DS (10yrs) got upset about the kids calling him names. He said they were calling him scarecrow. I'd never heard of this and said eh? It means he's skinny! He is very tall for his age and could have a bit more beef on him but he never stops eating, gets low blood sugar, and is not terribly active so I have no idea how he is burning it off. To be honest the boys calling him names I would consider quite overweight for their age but you wouldn't think it would even come up as an issue amongst boys in this age group, just goes to show! My main concern is my boy already has a poor self image and we really don't need to add weight to the mix. If this is an issue for tween boys I hate to think how hard it is for girls....

from patient.co.uk

Medical problems

Less than 1 person in 100 obese people has a 'medical' cause for their obesity. For example, conditions such as Cushing's syndrome and an underactive thyroid are rare causes of weight gain. Women with polycystic ovary syndrome may also be overweight. (See separate leaflets called Cushing's Syndrome and Polycystic Ovary Syndrome for further details on these conditions.)

You are saying that 1 person in 100 has a medical cause for their obesity. Yet in the same statement you state that people with low mood or depression may also have a tendency to overeat and so gain weight. According to figures that can be easily googled, somewhere between 6 and 20% of people in Australia are depressed. Ergo, more than one percent of people would have a tendency to gain weight through a medical condition.

I feel equally as bad for really skinny people aswell. My friend is skinny, she used to be really skinny though and some people would always make comments about it, even one girl who was really big and should of known better than to pick on peoples weight! Now shes put on a bit of weight (still skinny) some people are commenting on it saying shes got a bit of a belly etc. She cant win!

So it does work both ways. Just so much pressure on appearances these days

Do you know the vast majority of overweight people in the world and why they are overweight? If not then you have no basis on which to judge.

Obviously not but it is plain and simple 1% of obese people are because of medical conditions the rest eat too much and exercise too little and as i said before seeing fat children of primary school age is a disgrace and the parents are usually the same. Obesity will overtake smoking as the big health issue in the next few years in western countries. I don't see why you see me stating facts as a personal attack on you. People come in all shapes and sizes and always have done but there is a rapid increase in overweight people and a lot of them like to say it is not their fault they are fat and make excuses. Yes it's hard to resist all those tasty cakes and takeaways but like most things to consume in moderation is ok. The one that i always find funny is the ones who eat low fat stuff but eat double the amount, defeats the purpose if you ask me

Guest Guest26012
Any ladies feeling a bit low over weight issues are free to send me photos via the medium of PM,i will then respond by sending you a confidence boosting PM:ssign15:

#The fattie whisperer#

Your pm box will be full! Just goin to take the foot now!