Irish police check

Ned Kelly

Could someone give me the address/phone number where you apply for an Irish police check. Thanks in advance Ned:wink:

Have you read the "How to obtain a police certificate" booklet?

For Ireland:

Relevant document: ‘Police Certificate of Character’.

Residents

Apply in person to the local Garda station.

Non-residents

Apply by mail to the Superintendent in charge of the district covering your former place of residence in

Ireland.

www.garda.ie

Hate to break it to you, but I suspect having been executed after a history of murders, bank robberies and assaults means you're likely to fail the character test

The service is usually free, some stations have charged €20 that I know of.

Just go to your local Garda station with the completed form (the one for immigration purposes, stating NOT for job applications).

You can find detailed information on www.boards.ie choose Australia forum and search

I have attached the form we used early 2012, presuming it is still the same.

Its not particularly detailed.

Take your passport and some paperwork to show you intend on immigration in case the Garda on duty is meticulous. We did not have to do this as I was Australian and my Irish husband just had to show his passport.

We had one done in Jan 2012 and one done in Sept 2012 to extend the 12 month validity on it (as perceived by Australian immigration) and both times it took about 3 days.

You must take a self addressed stamped envelope. I recommend using an envelope with a slice of cardboard in it, reduces the chances of the cert getting mashed with An Post.

Good luck

Archived