I am Home. !!!!!!!

Kerry Pollard

I can't believe I am actually home, its strange to think a week ago I was still living in Oz?

even though its only been 5 and half days since I landed, I can't tell u how happier I feel, even noticed a difference in my son.

I think u know what is right for u and what isn't, I know I will never go back to Oz, it wasn't just family I missed, it was everything.

Even though the hubby is still in Oz, its not as hard as I thought it would be and I'm still not sure when he'll be back but that's up to him.

I have done what was right for me and my son and I am so glad I did.

I can't believe I wasted 11 months of my life, I was so unhappy and miserable and can't believe I stayed that long, it doesn't matter how long u give it, I think u know if its not right for u and I am so glad I listened to my heart and not what everybody was saying.

I don't think any amount of research and planning u do, can actually prepare u for how u are going to feel.

it affects people differently and for some people it works and for some people it doesn't.

I was one of those ones that it didn't work for and I'm sure i wont be the last.

kerry. Xx:biggrin::biggrin:

Great to hear you sounding so happy Kerry - but I don't think you wasted 11 months of your life. You gave it a go, and came back with a renewed enthusiasm for home. When I go back I won't miss out on opportunities to make the most of everything - and it sounds like you won't either! keep us posted........

Oooh, I was just thinking about you today and wondering how you're getting on!

Glad to hear that you are feeling happier already and I hope it wasn't too stressful with the move! I'm dreading that last week or two before leaving Oz with all the packing up and cleaning etc!

Keep us posted about your new adventures at home!

Good to hear you are feeling so much happier, Kerry! I didnt believe in situational depression myself until I experienced it - there is no accounting for taste is there?! Onwards and upwards, hope it gets even better from here and hope the DH does decide his family is the most important thing in the world to him.

So good to here from you Kerry and so glad you are feeling better already. You had to give ut as long as you did to have no regrets so don't have regrets that you gave it as long as you did.

Can't wait to join you :)

Oooh, I was just thinking about you today and wondering how you're getting on!

Glad to hear that you are feeling happier already and I hope it wasn't too stressful with the move! I'm dreading that last week or two before leaving Oz with all the packing up and cleaning etc!

Keep us posted about your new adventures at home!

I only had 2 suitcases so not much moving to be honest, my OH has that to sort out as he's still in the house back in OZ.

it will go so fast and it was the best feeling ever to land in Manchester and have my brothers waiting for me. Xx

hope your move goes as quick, you'll be home before u know it.

Glad your happy to be back home, I can relate to you as I left 8 months ago with my Daughter! My husband stayed on for 3 months think he would have stayed for ever ! It takes alot of courage to do it alone. I wasted 2 years in Australia and will never return! There's no place like home. Good luck

Edited by Desprado
Spelling

Desperado and Kerry. When you were going to Oz were you excited, ecstatic, looking forward to the change of life?

Without trawling through your posts what happened? What went so wrong? What was it that made you dislike Australia?

Just interested to know.

Maybe it was expectations exceeding reality ???

Guest chris955
Maybe it was expectations exceeding reality ???

Reading some of the posts from potential migrants it seems to be a very common phenomenon.

What went so wrong? What was it that made you dislike Australia?

Just interested to know.

I think a lot of people moving home like Australia. I certainly think it's a lovely place, but I can't have the kind of life I want here. It's not all about money (although being skint isn't fun), it's about a wish to belong, not always be on the outside, plan for the future. I've just been watching Stephen Fry on the telly talking about Shakespeare. Makes me want to be back 'amongst the English'!

I can't believe I am actually home, its strange to think a week ago I was still living in Oz?

even though its only been 5 and half days since I landed, I can't tell u how happier I feel, even noticed a difference in my son.

I think u know what is right for u and what isn't, I know I will never go back to Oz, it wasn't just family I missed, it was everything.

Even though the hubby is still in Oz, its not as hard as I thought it would be and I'm still not sure when he'll be back but that's up to him.

I have done what was right for me and my son and I am so glad I did.

I can't believe I wasted 11 months of my life, I was so unhappy and miserable and can't believe I stayed that long, it doesn't matter how long u give it, I think u know if its not right for u and I am so glad I listened to my heart and not what everybody was saying.

I don't think any amount of research and planning u do, can actually prepare u for how u are going to feel.

it affects people differently and for some people it works and for some people it doesn't.

I was one of those ones that it didn't work for and I'm sure i wont be the last.

kerry. Xx:biggrin::biggrin:

hi Kerry

SNAP!!!!!! I could have written the above myself! Have been home just over three weeks and am ME again! Don't look at the time spent there as a waste, it all adds to our experiences in life and has made us appreciate home more!

good luck for the future and to everyone making the move home.

​xxx

I think we all have a kind of inner sense when we are in the right place- same with when we are in the 'wrong' place. For me Australia has always been 'right' since the moment I arrived but I have friends who have always hankered for life back in Britain from the start. Just what makes us all different, it wouldn't be an interesting life if we were all the same.

Iam so jealous to here your home and have landed in manchester my home town,, we are hoping to be back there in october this year as i feel exactly the same as you did been here 7 months now and i think i new after the first that i had made a big mistake but glad it because i would have been one of those always telling myself what if,, if we didnt, so pleased for you :).

• 2 weeks later...
Desperado and Kerry. When you were going to Oz were you excited, ecstatic, looking forward to the change of life?

Without trawling through your posts what happened? What went so wrong? What was it that made you dislike Australia?

Just interested to know.

i was very excited and nervous, looking forward to the whole adventure but when we got their I knew I should have never got on that plane, only because I realised it was my OH's dream and not mine, I left my life, my job, my home, my family, I left me behind too.

It was very hard for me to come to terms with the fact I had made a mistake and I do regret going but glad I did in a small way, as at least I tried it.

i found it very hard, as I couldn't get a job and I tried everything, it's not what u do, it's who u know.

I felt isolated, even though I tried the mother and toddler groups, their was just nothing where we lived, my hubby was busy enjoying his new life, so he didn't see how depressed I was getting.

He didn't want to see it, he is still their and I'm not sure when he'll return or if he will at all but I'm not worrying about that, me and my son are happy and I will never go back to Australia again.

Xx

Iam so jealous to here your home and have landed in manchester my home town,, we are hoping to be back there in october this year as i feel exactly the same as you did been here 7 months now and i think i new after the first that i had made a big mistake but glad it because i would have been one of those always telling myself what if,, if we didnt, so pleased for you :).

It will go so fast, can't believe I've been back a month already. Xxx

i was very excited and nervous, looking forward to the whole adventure but when we got their I knew I should have never got on that plane, only because I realised it was my OH's dream and not mine, I left my life, my job, my home, my family, I left me behind too.

It was very hard for me to come to terms with the fact I had made a mistake and I do regret going but glad I did in a small way, as at least I tried it.

i found it very hard, as I couldn't get a job and I tried everything, it's not what u do, it's who u know.

I felt isolated, even though I tried the mother and toddler groups, their was just nothing where we lived, my hubby was busy enjoying his new life, so he didn't see how depressed I was getting.

He didn't want to see it, he is still their and I'm not sure when he'll return or if he will at all but I'm not worrying about that, me and my son are happy and I will never go back to Australia again.

Xx

Sorry to hear that but glad you are now happy. You have to do what is right for you and your son.