You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

gweneire

Could someone explain how i go about starting PR ??

It is coming upto my 1 year here in Fabulos Australia, and my sponsership company, who brought me out here ( i am a Nurse) on a 457 visa, said i can apply for PR after one year. Could anybody out there give me some advice how to start this process, i would really appreciate your knowledge.

Thank you for your time......

I guess after total 2 years (1 year from now) your sponsor would initiate the pr process.. meanwhile if you qualify for 60 points you can yourself start the process before also I believe.

189 - you need 60 points.

190 - you need 55 points (as you will get 5 points from state sponsorship).

Step Wise Information on Migration to Australia||IELTS=7Sep||ACS(261311,5+yr)=3Dec||EOI(189:65)=17Dec||Visa App/Ack 17/21Dec||Meds=28Dec||Grant=25Feb13(T4,K):cool:

It is coming upto my 1 year here in Fabulos Australia, and my sponsership company, who brought me out here ( i am a Nurse) on a 457 visa, said i can apply for PR after one year. Could anybody out there give me some advice how to start this process, i would really appreciate your knowledge.

Thank you for your time......

Very nice of them! (not). You could have applied for PR at any time, many people apply for it before they even step foot in Australia. You would be wanting the 189 or 190 visa which you can read about on the immigration website.

Thank you for your knowledge, which is the best way to apply, on line or paper route?? I THINk i have left an expression of interest on line that was 3 months ago, but no word. Hard to tell if they received it. Can i try again??

Gwen

Thank you for your knowledge, which is the best way to apply, on line or paper route?? I THINk i have left an expression of interest on line that was 3 months ago, but no word. Hard to tell if they received it. Can i try again??

Gwen

It is pretty surprising not to have had a response to an EOI after three months. Did you definitely do it correctly? What were your points, did you have a positive skills assessment when you did it? By all means you can lodge another one if that one was not done properly.

Do you still need to get a positive skills assessment , if she is already working in oz on 457 in her skill as a nurse? would you still have to do IELTs ? Seems a bit silly if working in oz and you are english. I thought it might be easier for pr if you were already there on 457.

wannabe Adelaide bound~ icu nurse

Acad IELTS Sept 13 : R7.5 W8.0 S9.0 L9.0, overall 8.5

ANMAC sent 15/11/13 => LOD 12/03/14

GEN IELTS March 14 : R8.0 W8.5 S9.0 L9.0, overall 8.5

need to apply EOi 189 , need to apply Ahpra ... :( who knows

Do you still need to get a positive skills assessment , if she is already working in oz on 457 in her skill as a nurse? would you still have to do IELTs ? Seems a bit silly if working in oz and you are english. I thought it might be easier for pr if you were already there on 457.

I think there might be a modified version of the skills assessment for a nurse already registered and in the country, but I do not know the details. But a skills assessment of some description is required for skilled migration and the EOI includes a box to tick to confirm that a positive skills assessment is held. I guess if the box is not ticked the EOI goes nowhere.

Most people need IELTS to top up there points, a very easy way to get points, I never knock it.

If your company are going to sponsor you, you can apply for a 187, we are in the process now.