Shipping from Northern Ireland/ Ireland

Lisha

Hi Lisha,

Moved to Queensland 2 mths ago from Rostrevor Co. Down. We used McGimpseys Removals in Bangor, brilliant to work with. We get our container in two weeks time, could'nt ask for a better service and they were cheaper than most quotes we received. Ship from NI all the time

Hope this helps

Karen

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi johnlucy....we're still here don't panic lol

Are you heading to Perth as well?

Have you had any shipping quotes yet?

Hi Sadie,

Apologies for the delay in replying- Yes we are heading to Perth, mid September hopefully:biggrin:

As regards quotes we have only one so far from Careline, €5300 for 650sq ft- which sounds expensive.

From reading other posts on here I've give McGimpseys a call and so far they seem very professional- hope the price is to my liking too!

Hi there....

sorry for bursting your bubble but didnt want to bore the life outta everyone talking bout the depressing element of moving to Perth! lol! Congratulations on the new arrival... I think that we are all on the mad boat! I have 4 kids and another due in June (crazy or wot?) I am also a midwife ... has your partner organised her registration ? and are you Perth bound?

:wacko:

Hi Lisha,

Sorry for the delay responding, yes we are due in Perth in mid Sept. My wife WAS registered but due to our fourth being born we had to let the registration activation deadline pass so we have to re-register!! My wife has a job in KEMH in Subiaco organised, her ears really pricked up when she heard of another Irish midwife with a small baby moving over around the same time!!

Are you registered with AHPRA yet? Takes a bloody age!! Have you any work orgainsed? Looking forward to hearing from you.

John

Hey Lisha,

how much are you thinking about taking over to relocate?

I moved to melbourne a year ago with just a bag and trying to get sponsored now. If I get sponsored I would love to bring my car, motorycycle and some stuff over. It could be worth splitting a container? Im from Ormeau Road.

• 1 month later...

The posts on here have really inspired me as am not moving until sep 2014 and am saving saving saving :) I am also nurse with teenage daughter (she doing gcse next year) I was unsure as to what to bring most if our furniture nearly at replacing stage so think will sell but our beds only year old. But want to bring framed photos.

Should have said I am also in n.ireland that's why your feed back on removals was especially of interest.

Good luck with move :)

Hi oz2014,

This is my second time doing this, first time I did bring furniture out with me but also left a lot of stuff too. So this time round I am bringing everything with me. Stocking up at the min with new bedding ( expensive in oz ) and kids clothes etc.

You will love it its a whole new adventure :biggrin:

Hi oz2014,

This is my second time doing this, first time I did bring furniture out with me but also left a lot of stuff too. So this time round I am bringing everything with me. Stocking up at the min with new bedding ( expensive in oz ) and kids clothes etc.

You will love it its a whole new adventure :biggrin:

never thought of bedding thanks for tip... Can you bring electrical goods such as laptop and tv?

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone...haven't been on for awhile, work has taken over my life at the minute!

Just wondering how you're all getting on and has anyone got any further with their big move???

We seem to have been stuck in a rut this last while but have decided in August that it's all systems go...need a kick up the a**e really............

So lets hear your latest and hopefully it'll inspire me to pull my finger out!!

Will also be moving over from Belfast in November time to Sydney... so any good quotes you guys get would be useful to hear!

I probably won't be bringing that much stuff with so probably won't even need a big container..

Hey Guys, Sorry for hijacking this thread but I have a quick question for you guys that have already got the visa. We are just waiting on getting the skills assessment back then will be applying for the visa (all being well!) Was wondering where did you go for your medicals? I know there is no where in northern Ireland so did you just go down south or did you have to go over to the mainland?

Thanks

Hey Guys, Sorry for hijacking this thread but I have a quick question for you guys that have already got the visa. We are just waiting on getting the skills assessment back then will be applying for the visa (all being well!) Was wondering where did you go for your medicals? I know there is no where in northern Ireland so did you just go down south or did you have to go over to the mainland?

Thanks

Go and do them in the Mater Private hospital in Dublin, I was in and out within an hour. Always a good excuse to hit Temple Bar after ;)

Thanks

Hi Blazingmonkey we got our medicals done in Downpatrick.

Hi everyone...haven't been on for awhile, work has taken over my life at the minute!

Just wondering how you're all getting on and has anyone got any further with their big move???

We seem to have been stuck in a rut this last while but have decided in August that it's all systems go...need a kick up the a**e really............

So lets hear your latest and hopefully it'll inspire me to pull my finger out!!

Hey SadieBacon, good to see you are well. We are leaving 10th November. We got a really good price on tickets flying out from Dublin, a hell of a lot cheaper than flying from Belfast.

I cant believe how quick its going in. My head is spinning with trying to get everything sorted, Dog,furniture etc etc, have you sorted out a short term rental yet?

Thats great thanks Angie can I ask the name of the place and how much they charged? I couldnt see any NI places on the IMMI website.

Thanks

Maybe they not doing it any more, it was a few years back :( surely there is a place up North that can do it, instead of going over to England or Dublin. Like i said it was in Downpatrick hospital we got our xrays done then we seen a Private Doctor for the rest and it was all done on the same day. We ping ponging back so we lucky not to have to do that all again. Hopefully you can get sorted.

Thanks

Hey there BM...We got our medicals done in Coleraine but it was a few years back now, wasn't a private doctor either, then went to the hospital up there for the x-rays. It was pretty resonable too at around £460 for 6 of us but as I say it was years ago....

Hey SadieBacon, good to see you are well. We are leaving 10th November. We got a really good price on tickets flying out from Dublin, a hell of a lot cheaper than flying from Belfast.

I cant believe how quick its going in. My head is spinning with trying to get everything sorted, Dog,furniture etc etc, have you sorted out a short term rental yet?

Hi Angie..We have priced tickets also from Dublin and as you say it really is alot cheaper!!

Haven't sorted a rental yet, did you? And whereabouts if you did?

You've gave me a wee boost now...your excitement's catching lol

Hi Angie..We have priced tickets also from Dublin and as you say it really is alot cheaper!!

Haven't sorted a rental yet, did you? And whereabouts if you did?

You've gave me a wee boost now...your excitement's catching lol

Yep we just got a wee holiday let in Clarkson for 4 weeks. Hopefully we can arrange a long term rental within them 4 weeks, really looking at going SOR this time round.

Still need to sort removals out, and daughter still trying with her driving hopefully fingers crossed she will get a test soon. I have really itching feet now, i just want to pack up and go now. I am not one for waiting lol. :biggrin:

God it's like reading my own thoughts when you write lol I would really like to go SoR this time around too but I don't know about the work down there so gonna head north first and see what happens.

Did you ever stay down in the Atrium in Mandurah???

Daughter is still doing her driving lessons too but I think she's gonna stay here and finish her college course so is the other son till around Xmas...so it'll only be the younger 2 boys heading out first with us.

It's sort of good in a way, means I don't have to gut the house and private rent it, although it could end up in a worse state with those 2 living in it haha.

I just wish my fairy godmother would come in and sort it all out for me...think I'm over it this time around, maybe it's my age or just knowing what lies ahead lol

Lol I could do with a fairygod mother. You are a brave lady leaving kids in charge of the house :huh: lol.

No never stayed down at the Atrium in Mandurah. I go to bed with a list of things dream of a list of things and wake up with a list of things lol.

So you are all set to leave very soon then? Maybe see you on the other side very soon :biggrin:

Hi all, I'm Alan and my partner is Charlotte.

We have just moved to Mandurah from Armagh, N. Ireland.

We've taken 3 years from start to finish to get the visa sorted and used PSS as a removal company. They in turn used McGimpseys, who were very effecient and careful. We chose to move absolutely everything inside the house with us, and glad we did after seeing some of the prices over here. We filled a 40ft high cube container with household belongings, ride on mower and old VW campervan at the cost off £8,000 including insurance and chemical spraying to help with quarantine regulations.

We arrived 2 weeks ago and the container left at the same time and should arrive 1st weekend of September.

Even though we did a lot of pre-planing, there were still a few surprises, renting a house is very difficult, as most houses are through agents who require proof of income, Oz bank accounts, TFN numbers and ref from an Oz landlord, things most new arrivals won't have.

Anyone with more than a car licence is buggered, I have a bus and HGV lorry licence in N.I. but only entitled to a car licence out here, I am resitting my lorry test next week at a cost of $1850.

Other than this Mandurah is beautiful, winter here at the minute, 18 - 23*C during the day (although it has rained for 2 days of the 2 weeks we've been here)

If we can share any of our scarce knowledge with any of you just ask.

Alan & Charlotte

Ps don't get a Dodo phone, internet or mobile as they will not let you ring UK but thats another story :arghh:

Hi there

Well I've been trying to get things moving and have decided to do one thing at a time because I'm just pickling my brain with too much! Phoned the removals for another quote so they're getting back to me tomorrow...got my car sorted ready to sell...cleared the garage out...BIG THING!! Wrote another 3 lists (Angie you know where I'm coming from on that one) of what we're taking and not and what we need to buy when we get there, which is a lot!

Still planning for the end of Sept haha it's gonna be mad (or I am!)

Been pricing flights...around £520 one way from Dublin......Looking at rentals in around Craigie/Edgewater/Duncraig direction so if anyone knows anything about high schools near there it would be much appreciated...I really need to be near a school!

So I reckon that's enough for the 2 days I got of work lol....need wine.......Oh and I stopped smokiing!!! 2 weeks tomorrow...Go Me!

Yes I have had removals out. Just seeing who will now come in at the right price. I have finish all my wine now unto the Gin lol:eek: Just found out that dog will now be flying out 2 weeks before us, so now i need to try and get a long term rental like ASAP when we arrive. So first few days of landing in sunny Perth I will be driving around like a mad woman trying to get a long term let before big boy gets set free from doggy prison lol. OHHHHHHHHHHHH the stress :arghh:why I am doing this all over again lol. Sadie you will be well settled by the time I get over. Chilling with a nice bottle of wine. Oh and well done with the smoking, times like this I miss my smokes ( off them 4 yrs).

Yep cheaper from Dublin for 3 adults and 1 child it was £1800. Wish the dog was costing that much lol. Anyway I all over with my sentences see how my head is pickled :chatterbox: