ICAA skills assessment , skilled employment assessment

Ali79uk

Hi All

I'm a little confused with the form I'm filling for the ICAA skills assessment.

I am applying for the skills assessment but there is a section (section 6) which is for skilled employment assessment.

Do I need to get the skilled employment assessment done as well, and if "yes" do I need to get references from former employers. The notes say this is only for Malaysian Applicants, but I just want to be extra sure.

Anybody have knowledge of this.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi All

I'm a little confused with the form I'm filling for the ICAA skills assessment.

I am applying for the skills assessment but there is a section (section 6) which is for skilled employment assessment.

Do I need to get the skilled employment assessment done as well, and if "yes" do I need to get references from former employers. The notes say this is only for Malaysian Applicants, but I just want to be extra sure.

Anybody have knowledge of this.

Thanks.

Hi Ali,

I just submitted my ICAA skills assessment last week without getting my skilled employment assessed, this is not a requirement of DIAC but I guess it would probably help if you are hoping to claim points for your skilled employment.

You will need to complete section 6 on the form, submit your CV, certified work references and certified pay slips for the skilled employment you wish for them to assess.

If you do not require them to assess your skilled employment you will not need the references or the pay slips but I think you are still required to submit a brief employment history or CV.

Hope this helps, im just awaiting confirmation they received my documents, sent 1 week tomorrow, the post is slow these days or maybe its just that I'm a little impatient!!

Good luck!!

Thanks for that, I've been busy trying to get hold of references and also payslips (just in case). May as well get all done at the same time. But I need to wait until dec to get maximum points for work exp. should have 8 yrs post qualified in dec, so will apply then.

Thanks again.

Thanks for that, I've been busy trying to get hold of references and also payslips (just in case). May as well get all done at the same time. But I need to wait until dec to get maximum points for work exp. should have 8 yrs post qualified in dec, so will apply then.

Thanks again.

I suggest u to be quick to do ur assessment if you could afford to get at least 60 points. There are talk going on about removal of accountants from the SOL which could take effect on 1 July 2013.

Really,

Ok I didn't realise, the website mentioned they still needed 10440 accountants.

Why the change?

Nobody will know what occupations will be removed or be added to the SOL and anyone that says they do, that does not work in DIAC, is misleading.

Frankly there has been talk of accountants coming off the list since about 2009 when I first started to look into migration and joined forums, but here we are...

Nobody will know what occupations will be removed or be added to the SOL and anyone that says they do, that does not work in DIAC, is misleading.

Frankly there has been talk of accountants coming off the list since about 2009 when I first started to look into migration and joined forums, but here we are...

Since 2009??? well, that gives us some hope then as I am also in the Accountants route. Guess everytime they keeps flagging accountants and ends up listing it again on SOL. Fingers Crossed :)

• 4 years later...