Time needed for 489 Case Officer Assignment and Visa decision???

punj23

Hi,

I applied for 489 family sponsred (Queensland's regional area) visa on 21 Jan and i am still to get a CO. As per DIAC it should take maximum of 10 weeks for priority4 class. If anybody has been granted CO or visa in between please share your thoughs and processings.

Any pointers are really appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Punj

Hi Pun23,

Any updates?

I got the invitation in mid-March....

Also, please let me know when the health Check-ups are done? before or after the CO is assigned?

Thanks

Hi Nishit,

its still a waiting game for me ... It's been 11 weeks now. I think family sponsored are taking longer time than state sponsored ones.

You can go for medical and police clearance before case officer assigned to you if your lofgeny date is within one month.

Its mentioned on the bottom of below page:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

Have you also applied for family sponsored? Which one is yours family of state sponsored and got which state?

Hi Nishit,

its still a waiting game for me ... It's been 11 weeks now. I think family sponsored are taking longer time than state sponsored ones.

You can go for medical and police clearance before case officer assigned to you if your lofgeny date is within one month.

Its mentioned on the bottom of below page:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

Have you also applied for family sponsored? Which one is yours family of state sponsored and got which state?

Hi Punj,

Thank you very much for the information...

yes I have applied for Family sponsored. My brother, lives in melbourne, is sponsoring me.

Please keep us updated.

All the best :)

• 2 weeks later...

No mate... i am done with medical and also submitted PCC... once submitted police clearance will contact DIAC... hopefully by next week everything 'll be over from my side...

i have hardly seen anybody who has been granted 489 FS. do you know anyone? did you apply through agent?

• 3 weeks later...

Aha ! Congratulations Nishit ... No mate I am yet to hear from them but glad to hear that you got CO. hopefully you will get positive result also :-)

have also uploaded all he documents including medical(link is disappeared bit evidence o medical is still in recommended status), PCC uploaded.

If you don't mind pleas what your email of where I can contact you, need to know certain things !

Punj

I am really worried because one o mu friend applied for same visa .Her file is alloated to case officer.her husband applied from albery and my husband applied from adelaide..does state factor affect,???? Its almost 8 weeks..i applied on 24 march...plz some one tell me about it??? I have attached all docs ...

I am really worried because one o mu friend applied for same visa .Her file is alloated to case officer.her husband applied from albery and my husband applied from adelaide..does state factor affect,???? Its almost 8 weeks..i applied on 24 march...plz some one tell me about it??? I have attached all docs ...

I dont think State factor affects allocation of CO... It should be done soon. All the Best :)