Unsuccessful TRA application Electronic Equipment Trades Worker [342313].

ashkumar

Hello Friends,

Very very disappointed with the outcome of the TRAapplication for Electronic Equipment Trades Worker [342313] which wasunsuccessful.....Please can anyone give me some advice is it better to do areview or do a new application? Also any previous successful applicants canguide me what documents to supply to make my application more solid. I studiedfor 3 years full time course in Fiji for Trade Certificate in ElectronicEngineering @ Fiji Institute of Technology. I did queried with TRA and theyreplied me as below.

"In regards to your qualification, the volume oflearning identifies the duration of all the activities required to achieve thelearning outcomes for a particular qualification. It is usually expressed inequivalent full time years.Based on the evidence provided regarding your tradecertificate you have not undertaken a comparable duration (or volume) oflearning to the relevant Australian qualification for your occupation. Whileyou have claimed to have undertaken training over three years, the evidence didnot demonstrate that this was full time for the three years, but 5 periods of 8weeks in duration over a three year period. You would need to provide evidenceto demonstrate that you have undertaken a comparable duration of training tothe relevant Australian qualification and detailed evidence regarding youremployment arrangements at the time you were undertaking your Trade Certificate".

I did not mention to TRA that after completing 2 blocks oftheory @ school year 2001, 1st year I had to go on an industrial practical for6 months which was a requirement by the school. The company I did my practicalwith offered me a job as a trainee technician where i was employed by them anddid my practical the same time. 2nd year studied 2 more blocks and gone forindustrial practical again for 6 months. 3rd year studied last block andcontinued work with the same company. Each block was of 8 weeks @ school.Graduated with a Trade Certificate in Electronic Engineering end of 3rd year2003.

I am living in New Zealand from year 2006 and I haveobtained a New Zealand practising licence for Registered Electrical ServiceTechnician and still employed as an Electronic Technician to date.

Any ideas and help with this would be really appreciated.Thanks In advance.

Hello Friends,

Very very disappointed with the outcome of the TRAapplication for Electronic Equipment Trades Worker [342313] which wasunsuccessful.....Please can anyone give me some advice is it better to do areview or do a new application? Also any previous successful applicants canguide me what documents to supply to make my application more solid. I studiedfor 3 years full time course in Fiji for Trade Certificate in ElectronicEngineering @ Fiji Institute of Technology. I did queried with TRA and theyreplied me as below.

"In regards to your qualification, the volume oflearning identifies the duration of all the activities required to achieve thelearning outcomes for a particular qualification. It is usually expressed inequivalent full time years.Based on the evidence provided regarding your tradecertificate you have not undertaken a comparable duration (or volume) oflearning to the relevant Australian qualification for your occupation. Whileyou have claimed to have undertaken training over three years, the evidence didnot demonstrate that this was full time for the three years, but 5 periods of 8weeks in duration over a three year period. You would need to provide evidenceto demonstrate that you have undertaken a comparable duration of training tothe relevant Australian qualification and detailed evidence regarding youremployment arrangements at the time you were undertaking your Trade Certificate".

I did not mention to TRA that after completing 2 blocks oftheory @ school year 2001, 1st year I had to go on an industrial practical for6 months which was a requirement by the school. The company I did my practicalwith offered me a job as a trainee technician where i was employed by them anddid my practical the same time. 2nd year studied 2 more blocks and gone forindustrial practical again for 6 months. 3rd year studied last block andcontinued work with the same company. Each block was of 8 weeks @ school.Graduated with a Trade Certificate in Electronic Engineering end of 3rd year2003.

I am living in New Zealand from year 2006 and I haveobtained a New Zealand practising licence for Registered Electrical ServiceTechnician and still employed as an Electronic Technician to date.

Any ideas and help with this would be really appreciated.Thanks In advance.

Hi Mate..

I had couple of my assessments being unsuccessful. Firstly due to some incomplete "story about work scope" that was done from my agent. Second was incomplete documentation of school modules.

My advice is not to leave out ANYTHING! give more info.. more is better so that they wont be able to find something to reject your assessment.:wink:

• 4 years later...

Urgent question regarding positive skill assessment from TRA ( please answer ASAP)
@*Everyone 

its for 189 skill visa for migration skills assessment via TRA

I have few question, can you please answer them step by step*
Can you please tell me how to get positive Skills assessment from TRA for Electronics trades worker ?

*1) I've*gained relevant qualification ( cert 3 in electronics and communication ) via RPL from a well known institute in Australia in year 2017 and have been working as*Electronics trades worker*since 2014 ( paid employment) , will i get positive skills assessment? what's its requirement?* ( all of this experience is within Australia)*

this is written in the TRA guidelines :

2.8.4 Applicants who hold an AQF qualification issued via recognition
of prior learning

covers no less than six years of full-time (or equivalent) paid employment,
three years of which may be as a trainee under the direct supervision of a
tradesperson/employer (this is considered an informal training period) with an
additional three years full-time (or equivalent) paid employment completed at
the required skill level for the occupation.

2) i saw on the above mentioned guideline *that they'll accept informal training period of 3 years and other 3 years of paid experience, in total they want 6 year (paid) experience from me as I have gained my qualifications via RPL*

3) as my case is different as i have 3 years work experience but all the experience is from the time before i gained the qualification and not after that, how much chances do i have?*

4) i want to inform you that i actually gained the cert 3 in electronics and communication by paying 11 grand to a well known institute and had to complete 8 courses to receive the certificate, i went to study for 7 months, i did not received the cert3 from vetassess or from somewhere else who provide the certificate within a day. if that's the case , will the 6 year work experience rule apply to me or its for everyone who gained even 1 subject via RPL? i gained about 70% of cert3 via RPL.

5) as i have 3 year of work experience form within Australia, will it not be an advantage for me or maybe those guidelines are for people who gained work experience from overseas and not from within Australia ? I might be eligible?*

6) if i am not eligible, how to fix my case and how to become eligible for a successful TRA application?

guidelines also says that 

Skilled employment undertaken after the issuance of an AQF qualification will also be
considered towards meeting the requirement.

Since 1 January 2014, TRA has included on its MSA outcome letter a date at which
TRA considered that the applicant was first able to work in skilled employment in
their occupation. This can assist applicants who are applying for a points-based visa.
The date that will be included for applicants who obtained their qualification by RPL
will be the date the applicant finished their first three years of verifiable, paid, full-time
(or equivalent) employment in their occupation (with those three years representing
an informal training period). Applicants can apply for TRA Migration Points Advice or
supply extra evidence to DIBP if they wish to claim employment prior to the noted
dated, which will be determined on the evidence available.

does this mean if i have a cert 3 via RPL then TRA will accept my 3 year of work experience? *and ill get a positive skills assessment?

kindly guide me. thanks

• 8 months later...

Hi

Can u help.me to prepare for my technical interview..i am not well prepared for it..i successfullycompleted my 1st stage of assessment..Need to attend technical for electronic equipment trade worker. Someone told me that have interview  and practical both for electronic equipment trade worker.. in my place there haven't more work with electric equipment..it's been a long time i weren't work regular..so I am little bit nervous.. and  also i need to know about safty hazards

is anyone can help.me to prepare 

Thank you 

• 6 months later...
  • On 03/03/2018 at 09:50, user321 said:

Urgent question regarding positive skill assessment from TRA ( please answer ASAP)
    @*Everyone 

its for 189 skill visa for migration skills assessment via TRA

I have few question, can you please answer them step by step*
    Can you please tell me how to get positive Skills assessment from TRA for Electronics trades worker ?

*1) I've*gained relevant qualification ( cert 3 in electronics and communication ) via RPL from a well known institute in Australia in year 2017 and have been working as*Electronics trades worker*since 2014 ( paid employment) , will i get positive skills assessment? what's its requirement?* ( all of this experience is within Australia)*

this is written in the TRA guidelines :

2.8.4 Applicants who hold an AQF qualification issued via recognition
    of prior learning

covers no less than six years of full-time (or equivalent) paid employment,
    three years of which may be as a trainee under the direct supervision of a
    tradesperson/employer (this is considered an informal training period) with an
    additional three years full-time (or equivalent) paid employment completed at
    the required skill level for the occupation.

2) i saw on the above mentioned guideline *that they'll accept informal training period of 3 years and other 3 years of paid experience, in total they want 6 year (paid) experience from me as I have gained my qualifications via RPL*

3) as my case is different as i have 3 years work experience but all the experience is from the time before i gained the qualification and not after that, how much chances do i have?*

4) i want to inform you that i actually gained the cert 3 in electronics and communication by paying 11 grand to a well known institute and had to complete 8 courses to receive the certificate, i went to study for 7 months, i did not received the cert3 from vetassess or from somewhere else who provide the certificate within a day. if that's the case , will the 6 year work experience rule apply to me or its for everyone who gained even 1 subject via RPL? i gained about 70% of cert3 via RPL.

5) as i have 3 year of work experience form within Australia, will it not be an advantage for me or maybe those guidelines are for people who gained work experience from overseas and not from within Australia ? I might be eligible?*

6) if i am not eligible, how to fix my case and how to become eligible for a successful TRA application?

guidelines also says that 

Skilled employment undertaken after the issuance of an AQF qualification will also be
    considered towards meeting the requirement.

Since 1 January 2014, TRA has included on its MSA outcome letter a date at which
    TRA considered that the applicant was first able to work in skilled employment in
    their occupation. This can assist applicants who are applying for a points-based visa.
    The date that will be included for applicants who obtained their qualification by RPL
    will be the date the applicant finished their first three years of verifiable, paid, full-time
    (or equivalent) employment in their occupation (with those three years representing
    an informal training period). Applicants can apply for TRA Migration Points Advice or
    supply extra evidence to DIBP if they wish to claim employment prior to the noted
    dated, which will be determined on the evidence available.

does this mean if i have a cert 3 via RPL then TRA will accept my 3 year of work experience? *and ill get a positive skills assessment?

kindly guide me. thanks

Hi

Can i ask what well known institute in Australia did your RPL for the electronics Trade worker?

• 2 weeks later...

hello !!

I done my electronic & communication engineering diploma in India .I am working in Australia as  Electronic Instrument Trades Worker (Special Class) - 342315 . as 457 visa . now i put file for 186 visa . and now immigration asking about further document. such as licence or provide evidence that you do not need to hold registration or a licence to work in the nominated occupation. so what can i do . i am trying to find licence but as i see electronics trade doesn't require licence . so what can do and how i get confirmation latter .?

thanks 

karnesh  

• 3 months later...