The UK, what do you like best about living here?

Guest chris955

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chris955

Thank you, all very good points. All too often all we hear is negatives about the UK when the positives far outweigh them.

hope it's ok for me to reply as one day I will return........ here goes, for the few months we lived back in the uk last year, we settled close to the Cotswold. Beautiful country side, sound of nature, smell of the grass, sound of the river avon, meeting lots of ramblers who called in for a cuppa at my relatives popular establishment (on the river avon)strolls along the canals, the great river raft race, duck race, traditional celebrations, historical celebrations (Alcester) bonfire nite, watching the fire works eating toffee apple in the rain, the village lit up with Christmas lights, local community spirit, regular trips to broadway for coffee, honeybourne for good local pub grub, the meadow to just sit and watch families , people, happy with their lot. list goes on.........overall the diversity, friendliness, and of course family :-) good thread chris

Totally off topic but do you have a australian accent chris or is it mixed? Im not sure why im wondering lol just am because you've spent time in both countries. Its funny when you heard mixed accents and then some others could live in another country for 30 years and never lose it

hope it's ok for me to reply as one day I will return........ here goes, for the few months we lived back in the uk last year, we settled close to the Cotswold. Beautiful country side, sound of nature, smell of the grass, sound of the river avon, meeting lots of ramblers who called in for a cuppa at my relatives popular establishment (on the river avon)strolls along the canals, the great river raft race, duck race, traditional celebrations, historical celebrations (Alcester) bonfire nite, watching the fire works eating toffee apple in the rain, the village lit up with Christmas lights, local community spirit, regular trips to broadway for coffee, honeybourne for good local pub grub, the meadow to just sit and watch families , people, happy with their lot. list goes on.........overall the diversity, friendliness, and of course family :-) good thread chris

Great post!

Guest chris955
Totally off topic but do you have a australian accent chris or is it mixed? Im not sure why im wondering lol just am because you've spent time in both countries. Its funny when you heard mixed accents and then some others could live in another country for 30 years and never lose it

Well whever I meet someone they know straight away that Im not a local :) Accents are a funny thing because we cant hear ourselves. My wife says I sound very Australian and she was horrified the other day when someone told her she had an Australian accent LOL.

Well whever I meet someone they know straight away that Im not a local :) Accents are a funny thing because we cant hear ourselves. My wife says I sound very Australian and she was horrified the other day when someone told her she had an Australian accent LOL.

Lol your a mix, they might think your exotic!

Yeah accents are funny, i always wonder if i have a strong scottish accent or not! I personally dont think it sounds that strong bt we always think our accents are different than others think lol

cheers mate, I love the place. We were there in october 2012 and it was lovely. London, the Cotswolds, the south coast, Hertfordshire. All with their own unique charm. It will always be home to me. Crap weather or not. It's just home. My home, my England.

Finally, you have said something intelligent - just joshing....i too concur no matter where I am or have been, whether France, US, HK, or Oz I always know its home...even when I'm there there is this feeling of contentment i belong there so great comment - hope you are well.