Medical Day

Guest choobs

Guest choobs

We're off to be prodded and poked by the doctor this morning - I'll be sure to post an update in graphic detail later on. Assuming I can stop obsessing about whether I've filled in the form properly or not :)

Choobs

Guest jordan
We're off to be prodded and poked by the doctor this morning - I'll be sure to post an update in graphic detail later on. Assuming I can stop obsessing about whether I've filled in the form properly or not :)

Choobs

Finger crossed for you Choobs, sending karma your way!!!!!!!!!

Guest choobs
Good luck choobs - deep breaths!!

Ali

I did have to take deep breaths, yes :)

It was absolutely fine - we were both a bit worked up about it but it was as others have said - nothing more than a routine checkup. We'd put stuff on the form (i.e. my alopecia) and the doctor said "Are you receiving treatment?". I said "Nope - it'll go away or it won't, no point in worrying about it." He said "Yup - no problems there".

Daisydeeds' asthma was also fine, as was our youngests eczema. It's really nothing to worry about.

The doctor himself was very nice and reassuring. So - that's another thing out the way - all that's remaining now is the assurance of support interview. One thing unusual - apparently the form 47SK and 40 has changed so we were asked to resubmit on the new stationary! Thank goodness for agents - all we had to do was sign the end of it ;-)

Thanks for all the well-wishes

Choobs

Guest jordan
Good luck choobs - deep breaths!!

Ali

I did have to take deep breaths, yes :)

It was absolutely fine - we were both a bit worked up about it but it was as others have said - nothing more than a routine checkup. We'd put stuff on the form (i.e. my alopecia) and the doctor said "Are you receiving treatment?". I said "Nope - it'll go away or it won't, no point in worrying about it." He said "Yup - no problems there".

Daisydeeds' asthma was also fine, as was our youngests eczema. It's really nothing to worry about.

The doctor himself was very nice and reassuring. So - that's another thing out the way - all that's remaining now is the assurance of support interview. One thing unusual - apparently the form 47SK and 40 has changed so we were asked to resubmit on the new stationary! Thank goodness for agents - all we had to do was sign the end of it ;-)

Thanks for all the well-wishes

Choobs

Glad it went well Choobs, hopefully it will be us soon. I’m starting to worry about my blood pressure, with selling the house , 7 weeks at home with 3 kids and waiting for our visa it’s going to be through the roof by the time they request them.!!!!! :D

Guest daisydeeds

Hey Jordan.

Chill!

We have three kids - the best bit of advice I can give you is to take them out to places that are free as much as you can like the local parks and just take a picnic with you and let them run about wild. Also, dont lay an itinerary on them - if they are relaxed then you ll be relaxed and vice versa. Have a look around and during the summer holidays you are bound to find events at the local library, museum and art galleries so take advantage of that and you ll all have a much less stressed time.

Are there any playschemes at your local leisure centre or church to take some pressure off you?

Our lot are very energetic so I can totally empathise with you.

PM me if you like ;-)

Daisydeeds.

Guest jordan
Hey Jordan.

Chill!

We have three kids - the best bit of advice I can give you is to take them out to places that are free as much as you can like the local parks and just take a picnic with you and let them run about wild. Also, dont lay an itinerary on them - if they are relaxed then you ll be relaxed and vice versa. Have a look around and during the summer holidays you are bound to find events at the local library, museum and art galleries so take advantage of that and you ll all have a much less stressed time.

Are there any playschemes at your local leisure centre or church to take some pressure off you?

Our lot are very energetic so I can totally empathise with you.

PM me if you like ;-)

Daisydeeds.

Hi Daisydeeds have got a few things planned for the summer holidays to keep them happy and my husband has booked a week off work so we can do some stuff as a family. And hopefully we will have a request for our medicals soon So the kids won’t have to have any time off school.

Many thanks

Stacey xx

Guest daisydeeds

Hey Jordan

What Visa have you applied for? We re a 138 Skilled Sponsored.

Nosey Daisydeeds.

Guest jordan
Hey Jordan

What Visa have you applied for? We re a 138 Skilled Sponsored.

Nosey Daisydeeds.

Hi Daisydeeds we've applied for a 136 Modl, and hoping to go the Gold Coast early next year.

Don't think your nosey,

Stacey xx

Guest THE JONEZYS

Hi Stacey,

looks like we could be on pretty much the same time line. Our application was acklowedged on 27/03/06------136 modl, we think we are going to Melbourne but gonna have another look around when we get there.

We were in the same situation as you with house, put it on the market to see how it went and sold it in the second week, should have moved on july 7th but buyers buyer pulled out :twisted: sold again to same buyer on the 9th july only for them to lose their buyer again on the 12th, the day b4 our meds were due (frontloaded).

I was dreading medical as back in april when we first thought we had sold house my BP went through the roof :oops: and I started having anxiety attacks. I think the house selling made all what we were doing real and although I was sure its what I wanted it still affected me as it did.

Any way as I have written in my "DEEP STATE OF DEPRESSION " thread, :!: on which I am sure you have posted for me not to worry :!: :!: I sailed through the meds but the OH had the high blood pressure. All that happened was that he went to his GP three times last week to get it checked, it got lower with each reading, the report will be collected from GP this arvo and sent off to panel doc pronto. sorted :!:

I really do think finding this forum last month has bought my blood pressure down and thats why I was fine. The OH would never dream of of revealing his thoughts and feelings to strangers ( or even friends & family sometimes) and all that bottling it up does you no good what so ever. So get typing and get it off your chest and just think if those dates from Adelaide are right we could have a CO in the next couple of weeks, just the thought makes me want to scream with excitment :D

So chin up and chill love and let us know as soon as you hear anything :wink:

LESLEY

Guest jordan

Hi Lesley I enjoy coming on this forum, find it very friendly and welcoming. So much to think about through the whole process and I find it helps coming on here knowing that others are going through the same.

Well hopefully our meds will be requested in the next few weeks and I am going to post off our police checks next week and then just sit back and wait again. Then when visa’s here that’s when it all starts. Did you use an agent? Please keep in touch and let me know how you are doing or if you hear anything .

Sending Karma your way!!!!!

Stacey xx

Guest Mark&Justine

hi choobs

reading your message, I have just had email from our agent to go ahead and get are medicals, could i ask how much you paid? I have been told around £100 each, + the x-ray

Any info much appreciated,

Justine

Archived