millers

Disabled badge, can it be used over here whilst my elderley relative is staying with us ???

Hi there

My elderley relative is coming to stay wit us for 7 weeks in June and she asked me if she can bring and use her blue disabled parking badge which she uses in the UK and use it over here.....does anyone know the answer ???

I would say not as we are in a different country. She would need to apply for one here for parking and as she is a tourist she would not be able to do that.

Sorry but she can't. To have an Acrod badge (Disabled sticker) in Australia, you need to be an Australian Citizen or Resident and have registered with the relevant authority for the state that you live in.

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

Offshore partner visa sent 2/6/10, signed for 3/6/10, money taken 7/6/10, CO acknowledgement 9/6/10, PR Visa granted 28/9/10, Arrived in Brisbane 5/11/10 and loving life again :biggrin:

​Does this mean I can use mine that was issued in the NT in Cairns.I fly early tomorrow morning and pick up my hire car at 09.30.Only there a week but if I could use my badge it would help a lot.

I no longer skinny dip,I now chunky dunk:laugh:

the answer is yes , we had a ticket in jan for parking in disabled but didnt have a badge (even tho we was in car and my disabled mam had gone toilet )

we appealed and they told us next time bring her badge with her