In Bit of a pickle! need help

Diamond dlyte

Brought a house of the plan in 2006-7 for investment purpose, whilst still living in the UK, then sold that to the same developer to invest in a property in a nicer area, whilst still in the UK.

Came to Aus in 2010, and start chasing the developer for the property, now in 2013 , i just found that he is in receivership and thinking at the time when i signed the contract there would be no issue.

I have a signed copy (both parties) of the Contract of sale, stating the money paid. Now with the Receivers on board, does this contract still stand? Will i loose all my money and property!

I have assigned a conveyancor, to deal with the property and they are absolutely shocked as to way things were done... Paid for the property in full before completion.

What are my chances, now that the receivers are on board, am i making a mountain of a molehill, or is this worser than i think!

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Dug yourself a nice hole, its very very complicated, why oh why would you pay first. You need a solicitor as has been said. Conveyancers are not allowed to give legal advice they only do the transactions so they would have to hand your file to a solicitor.

Guess the only positives are:

Its an investment property so loss should be tax deductible

Warning to others on the benefits of good legal advise

Suggestion to OP

Get a local Australian solicitor on the case and including chasing up receivers - you might still get some funds back.

LAstly what on earth were you thinking paying up front for anything on the other side of the world?