Liverpool, England

Red Rose

Hi

I am from Liverpool, moved to Oz for a few years and then returned to Liverpool to live. It is a great city, very vibrant with lots to do. It has improved so much over recent years and has some lovely suburbs particularly along the coast towards Southport. It is certainly worth a visit, however the job situation still isn't great here, so I am not sure I would move for work unless there was plenty of opportunities in your line of work.

Liverpool's on my list. Is it safe to take children there?

:smile:It is Newjez,take a walk down by the waterfront,the Albert Dock,the new canal link in front of the three graces(Liver,Cunard,Port of Liverpool Building),also,the Crypt in the RC Cathedral,or a trip up the Tower in the Protestant cathedral

Great city for a night out "if" thats your thing,we dont bite,honest! were all well aware we had a bad rep for being bolshy,argumentative kinda thing,and its probably true going on other cities ive worked in,we do tend to wear our heart on our sleeve,like yer?we tell yer,we dont like yer?we will tell yer as well,very straight talking people in general.

A cpl of people on here have lived and worked here,Millie,3 fat cats(Naomi),and im glad they liked it here,for me,they are one of ours now(doesnt matter they werent born here)as long as you ignore past reputations,you should have a good day out up here,speaking personally,im very happy theres so many tourists come here now,especially Irish tbh,it got tiresome working away and listening to all the old stereotypical scouser comments tbh,so its good some of them have been dispelled in recent times.

[YOUTUBE]yuvgGDbO7qU[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.liverpoolwiki.org/Liverpool_Firsts

Edited by pablo

How many times have you been to liverpool wendee ?........let me guess ......errrrrrrrr none .......that was the impression i had until i worked there .....it aint las vegas .....but very few places have there own defined spirit ......liverpool has it ......you are either in it or you you aint .

Its not like the west midlands where brum rolls into wolverhampton or coventry .....its very defined

The only other place i have ever been where i could say the city had a soul ....an energy was san francisco .......you cant build it ......having sunshine doesnt guarantee it ........i worked in toxteth and kenny , which are rough....... but i would rather work and have a beer there , than in inner city birmingham.

Nice one Bunbury,and HLS,Galahad etc

My mum and her ex went there for a few weekend breaks, really liked it. The only thing that my mum didnt like was that in the pubs the girls were really done up and glam and she felt out of place and i think her ex was probably perving on them lol. Not exactly liverpools fault!

I'd like to visit there soon. Dave used to work there everyday in his last job but it was outside in a industrial estate type of thing so didnt get to see the real liverpool

No worries Pablo! It will always keep drawing me back - there's just something about it! And there is only one other place which ties with the feeling I get in Liverpool - and that is Dublin - just really friendly folk - not bothered about where you're from - will give their time talking to anybody. Crikey, I should work for Liverpool tourism! :)

Liverpool's on my list. Is it safe to take children there?

Liverpool is a fab place for the kids, we go all the time as we are half an our away on the train. We always go in school hols, a few of us go with a gang of kids (13 between us)!! So many museums, most are free keep them entertained for hours, shopping is fab, great mix from your run of the mill high street shops to the upper end of the market. Can't get past Hollister shop with our lot!! Loads of lovely restaurants - really so much to do - its clean and safe. Don't hesitate you will have a great time!

My neighbour's girl was a student at Liverpool Uni, she won't live anywhere else now. Not sure I'd live there myself, as we are half an hour from Chester and 3/4 a hour from Manchester, so are well placed for all 3 cities, but if there's an opportunity I wouldn't pass it up on the basis of Liverpool's past reputation - its easy to commute to every area has its good and bad places. Wendee has certainly never been - or at least, not recently lol!

No worries Pablo! It will always keep drawing me back - there's just something about it! And there is only one other place which ties with the feeling I get in Liverpool - and that is Dublin - just really friendly folk - not bothered about where you're from - will give their time talking to anybody. Crikey, I should work for Liverpool tourism! :)

Lol,yes,were right nose diseases! wanna know the ins and outs of a ducks arse within 5 minutes of meeting someone!

My mum and her ex went there for a few weekend breaks, really liked it. The only thing that my mum didnt like was that in the pubs the girls were really done up and glam and she felt out of place and i think her ex was probably perving on them lol. Not exactly liverpools fault!

I'd like to visit there soon. Dave used to work there everyday in his last job but it was outside in a industrial estate type of thing so didnt get to see the real liverpool

This makes me laugh, me and my mate went last May Bank Hol for the afternoon nice meal, few bottles of wine, few pubs and back home on the 8pm train - light weights, I know, but the girls really go for it, if you want to dress up this is the place for glam - I thought I looked alright when I went out but came home feeling a right frump! Well worth it for a weekend, seriously its a fab place, and you will keep going back - they are a friendly lot!

This makes me laugh, me and my mate went last May Bank Hol for the afternoon nice meal, few bottles of wine, few pubs and back home on the 8pm train - light weights, I know, but the girls really go for it, if you want to dress up this is the place for glam - I thought I looked alright when I went out but came home feeling a right frump! Well worth it for a weekend, seriously its a fab place, and you will keep going back - they are a friendly lot!

Lol thats how mum felt, she'd bought a new dress etc but still felt horrible. I think i'd stay away from those types of pubs - i feel bad enough about myself as it is!

Born and raised in Liverpool, lived in Southport on the coast about 20 miles north of Liverpool for the past 10 years. Been in Oz 3 weeks. I will have no hesitation in returning to see all my lovely family and friends at Christmas. Liverpool is a fab city, there are so many things to do and I love our scouse sense of humour . We tend to see the funny side of most things and always have the kettle on for a cuppa and a gossip. Like most cities, some parts need a bit of investment some have affluence written all over them. My eldest just finished uni there and had a brill time. Going to stop now otherwise I will start making myself homesick.

Lol thats how mum felt, she'd bought a new dress etc but still felt horrible. I think i'd stay away from those types of pubs - i feel bad enough about myself as it is!

Ahhh,i wouldnt feel bad about the way you look,not being a perv,but youre a very pretty girl dimples,as has been said some girls do go out dead glammed up,but in the pubs i go its not all like that,go the top Beehive,Coopers,the Globe,bottom Beehive,Cavern,the Grapes etc,and yes theyre dressed up,but no more than any other towns pubs,im sure you'd hold your own against anyone girl

Pablo, I love love love coopers. My friend always drags me into the blob. But that's a different story.

I only ever go out in my scruffs In Liverpool? Ok well maybe not total scruffs but I don't glam up. I go out about 2pm on sat and get the last train home and have an absolute ball. I have spent time chatting to a group of Canadian fellas in uniform :wink:, a man from New York, loads of Irish and Scottish people, a group of German students, and they have all said that they love liverpool. There are so many different people. But best of all is fashion. Liverpool women have the ability to make anything look fashionable IMO.

Pablo, I love love love coopers. My friend always drags me into the blob. But that's a different story.

I only ever go out in my scruffs In Liverpool? Ok well maybe not total scruffs but I don't glam up. I go out about 2pm on sat and get the last train home and have an absolute ball. I have spent time chatting to a group of Canadian fellas in uniform :wink:, a man from New York, loads of Irish and Scottish people, a group of German students, and they have all said that they love liverpool. There are so many different people. But best of all is fashion. Liverpool women have the ability to make anything look fashionable IMO.

The Blob lol,i love a Yatesys aussie white meself!yeah,i tend to do the same as you,out early saturday afternoon,train (or cab) home about 10 ish,well sometimes the 10 ish doesnt pan out,but thats always my plan!

Theres so many tourists now isnt there,loads of Irish,and hen and stag nights too,be out meself on National day hopefully,good day out,not as chocker as St Patricks day,but great day anyway

Maybe I'll see you there. My friend always insists on singing harper valley PTA. I only get up and sing if there's not enough room in the pub lol.

Ha ha,good for you girl!i was brought up not far from Widnes in Huyton,used to drink in Widnes yrs ago,the Ring o bells etc

Don't really drink in widnes. Have been a few times but came home early coz it was rubbish. I work in warrington and have been on a few nights out there too and found that was just as bad. So unless the drinking is in liverpool I don't bother ha ha. My son lives in huyton. He loves it there. Where in oz are you going?

Don't really drink in widnes. Have been a few times but came home early coz it was rubbish. I work in warrington and have been on a few nights out there too and found that was just as bad. So unless the drinking is in liverpool I don't bother ha ha. My son lives in huyton. He loves it there. Where in oz are you going?

Nowhere in Aus now i dont think,cant sell the hse,Visa runs out july,gonna apply for an RRV but dont think i'll get one,WAS going to South Australia,Victor Harbor was the target,dead quiet place tbh,but i need that,spent too many years living a debauched life if im honest,gotta calm down eventually (he says!)

Ok. What's an RRV? I don't know much about this visa mullarkey.

Residents return visa,im not living there tho,so im 99% i wont get one,they issue 3 month and 1 year ones,but i'll try anyway,if i dont get it/dont get to Aus?maybe its just not meant to be for a reason?

Born and bred Scouse here... I'd say no worse than any other city in England... we all have good and bad parts...

I love the fact that we are friendly and have a sense of community, some people like it others don't...

Love the quote 'Is it safe to take children there?' do people think there are no children in Liverpool? Anyway thats just me being defensive of a city that is a treat to live in.. however I am going to OZ very soon :)

I'd say to anyone to make a visit at least once.... Lots to do...