the good bye's

Guest peppa

hello to all

just a quicky we are off on wednesday to our new life we fly out from heathrow to brisbane for 3 months then down to melbourne.

I still cant belive its here we have been planning this for 2 years and now its 2 days away!!!!

we have said most of our good bye's its so hard, just said good bye to my friend of 30 years! I was crying she was crying our kids were crying!!!

we are having dinner with my dad tomorrow, I cant get my head around saying goodbye to him its going to be tough.

Im trying to keep positive and focased on this decision we have made, ?I know its whats best for us an our children but the guilt I have taking them away from their friends and family is awful.

SANDWICH BAGS!!!!!

?Well the packers were great they packed everything!! including the kids sandwich bags for the pack lunches!! so 9 oclock at night I phone my best friend and ask if she can drop us round some sandwich bags(we sold our car last week) 10 mins later around she came with the sandwich bags and it made me cry!! I mean how long does it take to build a frienship with someone when you can phone them and ask for sandwich bags! its really scary leaving this support networt we hwve.

Now Im sure this sounds all very emotional but I really am SO VERY EXCITED about going and I know we are doing the right thing its just this bit is really hard, once Im on that plane with a martini in my hand all will be fine.

I would like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone on POM's for all your help and support you have all been amazing THANK YOU ALL.

Ill be off line for a few days but will be checking in once we get to Brisbane

speak soon

peppa. x

Guest crafty1

Hi peppa:)

How are you, it must be awful saying all those goodbyes. i'm about to do the same. we have our flights booked for the 17th march and already i find myself thinking about all the goodbyes:cry:

today our cats went to their new home and the children are about to go and see them to say goodbye. :sad:

I wish you all the best in brisbane and look forward to meeting with you when you get to melbourne

Melanie

Guest cazbeckham

Good Luck Peppa for your new life Down Under - have a safe flight and say Hi to Brissie for me, tell it I'll be there before the end of the year - fingers crossed

Caz

Good Luck Peppa!

I don't envy you going through the goodbyes hun but cherish every single one. Yes the tears will flow and it may hurt like mad but it just proves you are loved and you are saying farewell to those you love in return. I still well up when I think of our goodbyes at the airport but I wouldn't change a thing!

Enjoy your last couple of days and have a good journey,

Felicity:wubclub:

Hi Peppa

Good Luck Hun x I know how youre feeling as we are off on the 29th of February & we had our farewell party on Saturday. We are going to miss our family & friends so much when we leave. It bought it home to me on Saturday night when I had my 35 year old bruiser of a brother sobbing on my shoulder 'cause his big sister is leaving with her family! Still its all part & parcel of leaving this life behind. Have a wonderful time and keep us all posted here on the forum!

Mandy x

Guest brendababes

THE VERY BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!!!!

Thinking of you and hoping it will be us by the end of the year, keep in touch.

B XXXXxx

thank you all so very very much. its very hard at the moment my eyes are red from all the crying! trying to stay focased. hopfully when we are on the plane I wont feel so sad.

thanks again for all your support ill keep your posted. x

Hi Peppa

Like everyone else here, I'm wishing you lots of luck!

We're heading for Melbourne in May so you're not alone!!!

Once we're settled it'd be nice to try and arrange a Melbourne PIO meet up (that includes everyone else too).

See you there!!!!

Jenny

Archived