Plumber/gas fitter wages

Peter jones 1984

alright mate im a plumber aswell I just started the ball rolling last week with visas through an agent , he said the best place for plumbers is perth and their is plumbing jobs everywhere (maybe just chasing my money lol) im also interested in realistic wages for plumbers as I have two young kids and a wife that will be working part time . Have you done the vetasess test yet seems to be that much to do just to get there to basically train up again :arghh:

Hi all I'm off over there in July for reckie then moving over for good in December . hopefully looking in to what training I will need to do and how to get my licence and speak with some plumbing company's to get more info. Hope all goes well for you .

Alright dancinghibby haven't done vetasess yet going to sell my house 1st and move back in with the parents to save as much money as possible then look in to it. I went to a overseas expo on Sunday and was talking to a man from the WA government Perth are doing a state sponsored visa were you can go over there without a job so you can look when you get there, but you have to stay and work in Perth for 2 years then after that you citizenship and can go we're you want it cost about £4000 but that's for the family. Skit78 good luck and any information you find out when your there can you let us know thanks

I went to overseas emigration and he printed all costs off from start to finish and for the family (2 adults 2kids 5 and 1 ) cost is £7100 for the pr visa we are trying to hold off selling the house until we get the visas so we have as much behind us when we get there going to be a case of work and sleep though lol .let us know how you get on skit78 if their is as many plumbing jobs as mentioned and what us brothers of the pipe are looking to earn :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm a plumber over here and I'm laughing about your posts.

ive been here 10 weeks and its been a bloody nightmare.

I posted my 10 week in report on here, have a read of it.

i am honestly not trying to put anyone off but please or your own sakes don't come over with rose tinted goggles on .

ive been a uk plumber for 4 years ran my own business or 11, I'd just as well **** in a hole for all these years , they mean nothing here.

be prepared to re train , you can RPL your gas across, but if you haven't got any plumbing qualifications get them.

you can't get your gas ticket without having your plumbing license .

ive had to go self employed as it was last chance saloon

Wa experience is what they all want and that's the one thing we haven't got.

if I can help any of you guys by answering any questions feel free to inbox me

Ps

the vetassess s just a money making scheme that you have to do.

i thought wow I've got my overseas level 3 license, sorry again means nothing here for work

Totally agree with your post, promised plumbing companies fighting over us but the reality is until you have completed your training and ultimately obtained a contractors licence, your salary prospects are dire and out of sync with your experience and the cost of living.

Hi guys,

I'm a plumber over here and I'm laughing about your posts.

ive been here 10 weeks and its been a bloody nightmare.

I posted my 10 week in report on here, have a read of it.

i am honestly not trying to put anyone off but please or your own sakes don't come over with rose tinted goggles on .

ive been a uk plumber for 4 years ran my own business or 11, I'd just as well **** in a hole for all these years , they mean nothing here.

be prepared to re train , you can RPL your gas across, but if you haven't got any plumbing qualifications get them.

you can't get your gas ticket without having your plumbing license .

ive had to go self employed as it was last chance saloon

Wa experience is what they all want and that's the one thing we haven't got.

if I can help any of you guys by answering any questions feel free to inbox me

Ps

the vetassess s just a money making scheme that you have to do.

i thought wow I've got my overseas level 3 license, sorry again means nothing here for work

Hi peter jones, in regards to your comment (sorry for butting in lol) is the visa you been told about a 489? if so you need to live and work in regional WA, this does not include perth , it is certain post codes around there and you must work in a job for 1 year and live in a regional area for 2 , this provisional visa entitles you to a 4 year stay in oz but you can apply for pr after the two years in the regional area and 1 year in a job regional, we are currently in the process of this visa just waiting to do meds and police checks , hopefully around aug were over there lol visa cost £2120 and agent was £1800 practical assesment (carpenter ) was £1000 and to get all my previous employment, apprenticeship certs etc to be checked over this cost us £500 , english test was £120 and we applied for state sponsorship which cost us £200 still got medicals and police checks to do x3 ( estimated £1000) then last but not least FLIGHTS & containers etc for shipping ....... NOT CHEAP LOL, im sure this will be worth it tho good luck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...