IELTS Remarking

samlk

Hi,

I have done IELTS for Four times and i got following results.

1st attempt,

L 7.5 , R 6 , W 6.5 , S 5.5

2nd attempt,

L 7 , R 7, W 6.5 , S 6

3rd attempt,

L 8 , R 6.5 , W 7 , S 6

4th attempt,

L 8.5 , R 7 , W 6 , S 7

My target is to get 7 for each components but always fell short. I really disappointed to see my last IELTS results where i got only 6 for writing. I never had any difficulty with my writing and was very confident about last writing test. It is huge surprise for me that i got only 6.

Can someone advise me on remarking my last test results? Is there any success stories with 6 band upgraded to 7 after remarking?

Thanks

Sam.

Hi,

1st attempt,

2nd attempt,

L 7 , R 7, W 6.5 , S 6

3rd attempt,

L 8 , R 6.5 , W 7 , S 6

4th attempt,

L 8.5 , R 7 , W 6 , S 7

My target is to get 7 for each components but always fell short. I really disappointed to see my last IELTS results where i got only 6 for writing. I never had any difficulty with my writing and was very confident about last writing test. It is huge surprise for me that i got only 6.

Can someone advise me on remarking my last test results? Is there any success stories with 6 band upgraded to 7 after remarking?

Thanks

Sam.

there is a very high possibility to get your grade for writing and speaking to get upgraded if you ask for remarking because they don't have a particular answer for the question like the listening and reading. You can take the risk. The only drawback is it takes more time than retaking the exam again.

I asked for a remark on my feb IELTS ( which i got band 9's apart from writing 7.5!) and im still awaiting the results.I need all 8's for a 190 visa..i have just re-sat another and had my March results yesterday...can u believe exactly the same marks!! im clearly making the same mistake in the writing.I think it would be beneficial though as part of the exam that they would point out where you are going wrong.ie..punctuation,spelling etc so all i can deduct from the fact they dont is that its one big scam!!

Good luck anyway!

Hi samlk,

I do not want to disappoint you but I don't think they will change your mark! I have done it once but they didn't change it. Of course, you can take the risk.

But if you want to re-sit for the exam, search Ryan English in youtube and he might be able to help you!

Cheers,

Hi,

1st attempt,

2nd attempt,

L 7 , R 7, W 6.5 , S 6

3rd attempt,

L 8 , R 6.5 , W 7 , S 6

4th attempt,

L 8.5 , R 7 , W 6 , S 7

Thanks

Sam.

Judging from your post, your writing skills seem to be not that good to score 7. Grammar and spellings need to be spot on to score 7 and above.

I applied for a re-check on my writing and score was improved from 6.5 to 7.5, so if you are confident then do apply for a re-mark. They do improve sometimes.

I asked for a remark on my feb IELTS ( which i got band 9's apart from writing 7.5!) and im still awaiting the results.I need all 8's for a 190 visa..i have just re-sat another and had my March results yesterday...can u believe exactly the same marks!! im clearly making the same mistake in the writing.I think it would be beneficial though as part of the exam that they would point out where you are going wrong.ie..punctuation,spelling etc so all i can deduct from the fact they dont is that its one big scam!!

Good luck anyway!

I got exactly the same as you, all 9's and 7.5 on writing, I'm also going for the 190 state sponsored visa, do you definitely need at least 8's on all of them??

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi Chris

I need band 8's for the extra mark!! im on the verge of giving up as its so deflating..wouldnt be as bad if i knew where i was going wrong!!

We can go on a 489 visa but read too many stories on here and find that its too restrictive with my job(having to live and work in a specific area for 2 yrs)

Think perhaps the dream may be over...

Adding more to above info, I made my first three attempts at British Council Saudi Arabia. Last attempt was from Sri Lanka.

Assessing is different from country to country?

I think you are right, it is different even though they will deny it, specially the speaking part. I believe it is much easier when you take it in the South asian countries than other parts of the world.

Best way to check your writing is to compare one of your practice essays with the Official IELTS Writing band descriptors, you will soon realize if you are missing any of the elements reuired for band 7 or band 8. Just Google 'IELTS writing band descriptors'

Guys,

Just have a look at the below site, which really helped me quite a lot for me. I have suggested that to many of my friends & it really works.

dcielts.com

For me, this is the best IELTS guide web site.

Cheers

I went through this site

Thanks

Sam

I am 100 % positive that Ielts is a money spinner. Industry of taking money...You never know which marks you will get on W and S, because there is no strict key for counting points. I took the test in February, and got 8s , overall score 8, but W was 7.5. I applied for a re-mark, because I am not sure that they will give mi higher mark if I sit the test again. Australia has lifted the passing marks for getting additional points, and now you MUST have all 7s or 8s to get more points. I remember the times when you got points even for mark 6. Good luck, apply for a re-mark, you have nothing to be afraid of .

I am 100 % positive that Ielts is a money spinner. Industry of taking money...You never know which marks you will get on W and S, because there is no strict key for counting points. I took the test in February, and got 8s , overall score 8, but W was 7.5. I applied for a re-mark, because I am not sure that they will give mi higher mark if I sit the test again. Australia has lifted the passing marks for getting additional points, and now you MUST have all 7s or 8s to get more points. I remember the times when you got points even for mark 6. Good luck, apply for a re-mark, you have nothing to be afraid of .

Thanks. I applied for remark today. If they are really making money out of this, Good for them. So far, I have spent around 1000US$ only for IELTS

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks. I applied for remark today. If they are really making money out of this, Good for them. So far, I have spent around 1000US$ only for IELTS

Hi guys,

i just got my 5th ielts results. 8/8/s 7.5/ w 6.5

i hv applied remark for previous attempt but result will take another month to come. Meanwhile i want to remark this attempt too. I dont know whether its a good move :@

m

if this did not come through i want to do ielts in sri lanka. Many friends told me i should do it in SL. But will it make a difference ?

(I did all 5 times in Melbourne, just need 7 all)

All 5 times i got 7 once. But screwed up reading

Hi Chris

I need band 8's for the extra mark!! im on the verge of giving up as its so deflating..wouldnt be as bad if i knew where i was going wrong!!

We can go on a 489 visa but read too many stories on here and find that its too restrictive with my job(having to live and work in a specific area for 2 yrs)

Think perhaps the dream may be over...

Keep trying you will get there!! concentrate on your writing, paragraph layout, google on essay layout and read all on line samples.

I just got results today and managed 9 overall, this was purely due to lots of practice papers the week before.

Here is a good website to check out - http://www.ielts-blog.com/

Try again and good luck!!

Hi guys,

i just got my 5th ielts results. 8/8/s 7.5/ w 6.5

i hv applied remark for previous attempt but result will take another month to come. Meanwhile i want to remark this attempt too. I dont know whether its a good move :@

m

if this did not come through i want to do ielts in sri lanka. Many friends told me i should do it in SL. But will it make a difference ?

(I did all 5 times in Melbourne, just need 7 all)

All 5 times i got 7 once. But screwed up reading

I am still waiting for my remark results. If you are confident about writing go for rmark. If not i suggest you to do it in SL, it makes a different. I did at ACBT

• 10 months later...

Anybody out there who got a success in reading-remark?

1st attempt , my scores were : L-8.5, R-9, W-7.5, S-7.5

2nd attempt, my scores were : L-9, R-9, W-7.5, S-8

3rd attempt, now :L-8.5, R-7.5,W-8,S-8

Just cannot understand, how i can screw up the reading from 9 to 7.5

Has anybody out there got any increase in their reading scores after a remark?

It seems faster to write again....This is very frustrating.....

I need 8 in all modules... Just don't know what to do...

Anybody out there who got a success in reading-remark?

1st attempt , my scores were : L-8.5, R-9, W-7.5, S-7.5

2nd attempt, my scores were : L-9, R-9, W-7.5, S-8

3rd attempt, now :L-8.5, R-7.5,W-8,S-8

Just cannot understand, how i can screw up the reading from 9 to 7.5

Has anybody out there got any increase in their reading scores after a remark?

It seems faster to write again....This is very frustrating.....

I need 8 in all modules... Just don't know what to do...

You're wasting your time trying for a remark on Reading (or Listening) - answers for R and L are either right or wrong with no room for error on the part of the original marker.

Just for info...I was told by ielts examiner not to apply for remark if there is a gap of 2 marks or more between scores as they automatically get re marked again before results sent to you. .so if you got s8.5 w6.5 r9.0 l8.5...your scores would get flagged immediately for an extra review. .I got all 9s except on speaking I got a 7 on my first try..on my second try I got all 9s except 7 on reading..third try got all 8s n 9s...seems bit random..i didnt do any extra study between tests but got there in the end...jst need to keep going wth it..or ask for remark if there is less than a 2 mark difference n only remark writing n speaking sections

• 4 years later...

Anglo are wise people that’s why they occupy the world by these tricks. IELTS is ******* business. Someone can ask them if anyone getting score i.e. in listening 8 next time he or she can able to manage 6 listening. So, means his/her ability decrease is listening or any part?. It’s just business and they want to humiliate us from their language with their earnings through these cheap ways.