terriokane

Moving money from UK bank to Australian bank

Hey,

Just wondering about moving money from UK bank to Australian Bank which company is best to use? How soon in advance should I move my money? If I don't move all my money can I transfer it from UK Bank to Australian Bank when in Australia?

Thanks

Terri :)

I use Caxton but there are plenty of companies. It arrived 3-4 days later. I do it from UK to Aus online so you can be anywhere. Obviously the worst exchange rate for many years at the moment, sadly...

I use Moneycorp and have found them pretty decent to deal with. I imagine all of these companies are fairly similar though. Remember, if you're transferring a reasonable amount, you should be able to negotiate a better rate if you talk to one of the salespeople.

RSMS 187 Visa applied DRC in Perth on 27/2/2013.

Caxton is soooo great...been really useful for us. Its actually been better for us even here than there own bank cards..for examplei bank with nab here and at nearly all ATMs i get charged if i use my nab card but if i put my caxton card in...its all freee :) so good xx

Just wondering about moving money from UK bank to Australian Bank which company is best to use? How soon in advance should I move my money? If I don't move all my money can I transfer it from UK Bank to Australian Bank when in Australia?

Do you already have accounts in both countries? If so then you don't need any other companies. Just make sure before you leave the UK that you raise the limit for foreign bank transfers via internet banking.

Depending on your situation, choose Citi or HSBC in both countries for the most seamless experience in handling your finances on both sides. And as I mentioned in another thread, only send money from a GBP account in the UK to a GBP account in Australia.