Poor poor Tories you couldn't make it up!!

Guest Guest 47403

By carrying on with the growth they were left with?by not cutting hundreds of thousands of public sector jobs(some,yes,but not the amount they have),paying off said public workers,then paying said public sector workers in unemployment benefit=no taxes.

So what do you think of osbourne being 250 billion out in his estimates wakey?

So you think the spending that was happening in 07 and the start of 08 could have been sustained? I personally don think it could have, or even a fraction of it. I have always said that until the neighbours on mainland Europe sort out their issues then it will be very difficult here. Other countries need to be able to buy more from te UK and that won't happen whilst places like Cyprus, Italy, Greece, Spain etc etc are in te state that hey are.

the public sector workers are paid from the public purse so the tax they would pay would be a small ercentage going back into th government that has already been paid out.

as for Osbourne being over his estimates, well, he has fcuked up big time there, looks like he was a little optimistic in his original predictions. I don't think it would have mattered which government was in at this time, I think the deficit would have kept rising. Hopefully by the next term the world as a whole is in a much better position financially. TBH I think every government has been trying to live above heir means. Like some that don't worry about going shopping and putting everything on credit cards, the when times are tough have to continue putting things on credit cards.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have any tories got an opinion on osbourne being 250 billion out on how much he would have to borrow in nearly 3 years?

Not a Tory, or any political party for that matter, but surely getting the deficit under control is more important than the borrowing at the moment.

So you think the spending that was happening in 07 and the start of 08 could have been sustained? I personally don think it could have, or even a fraction of it. I have always said that until the neighbours on mainland Europe sort out their issues then it will be very difficult here. Other countries need to be able to buy more from te UK and that won't happen whilst places like Cyprus, Italy, Greece, Spain etc etc are in te state that hey are.

the public sector workers are paid from the public purse so the tax they would pay would be a small ercentage going back into th government that has already been paid out.

as for Osbourne being over his estimates, well, he has fcuked up big time there, looks like he was a little optimistic in his original predictions. I don't think it would have mattered which government was in at this time, I think the deficit would have kept rising. Hopefully by the next term the world as a whole is in a much better position financially. TBH I think every government has been trying to live above heir means. Like some that don't worry about going shopping and putting everything on credit cards, the when times are tough have to continue putting things on credit cards.

The spending that was happening in 07/08 was agreed with by osbourne,he was going to follow the same path,the differences came AFTER the GFC

Re Europe being the cause of our problems...Germany bail out the whole of Europe,who's doing better?

Its still Tax,pay it to public sector workers,or pay it to French companies to find "skivers",and more money goes to France than here

No,osbourne and the tories have nearly doubled the debt in 3 yrs,Labour had the GFC to contend with,were in power for 13 yrs?and were slated over their financial ineptitude,yet no tory mentions osbournes ridiculous forecasts,turn it in wakey,if Labour were 250 billion out you'd be going on about it,as would others

Not a Tory, or any political party for that matter, but surely getting the deficit under control is more important than the borrowing at the moment.

When it suits yes,the fact is the debt Labour left UK plc is often used as a big stick to beat them with,so why cant we use the same stick to beat the tories with?

They have increased it by 300+ billion in their short term of office,250 billion out on osbournes estimate

The spending that was happening in 07/08 was agreed with by osbourne,he was going to follow the same path,the differences came AFTER the GFC

Re Europe being the cause of our problems...Germany bail out the whole of Europe,who's doing better?

Its still Tax,pay it to public sector workers,or pay it to French companies to find "skivers",and more money goes to France than here

No,osbourne and the tories have nearly doubled the debt in 3 yrs,Labour had the GFC to contend with,were in power for 13 yrs?and were slated over their financial ineptitude,yet no tory mentions osbournes ridiculous forecasts,turn it in wakey,if Labour were 250 billion out you'd be going on about it,as would others

re read my post properly, instead of taking out of it what you want for your own agenda. And turn what in????

you did say carrying on with the growth they were left with, it couldn't be sustained.

I never said Europe was the cause of the problems, re read my post again!

what does French companies have to do with paying public sector workers with government money then getting a mall percentage back in taxes. It's like me going to buy a new £20k car because someone will give me £1k for my current car. I'm still spending more than I'm getting back.

how has the debt nearly doubled. Hasn't it gone from 800 to 1100????? I've already said he has obviously been very optimistic and again, re read my post, I did say hopefully by the next term the world is in a better position. And tbh who ever is in next will hopefully learn something from this term and not go down the same route, this may be the wrong way to go but even you must be able to see that the previous way wasn't the right way either. Weather everyone agreed o it or not.

When it suits yes,the fact is the debt Labour left UK plc is often used as a big stick to beat them with,so why cant we use the same stick to beat the tories with?

They have increased it by 300+ billion in their short term of office,250 billion out on osbournes estimate

You can use it as a big stick all you want, but leaving an 800 debt after such good years is pretty bad IMO. Saving for a rainy day comes to mind.

re read my post properly, instead of taking out of it what you want for your own agenda. And turn what in????

you did say carrying on with the growth they were left with, it couldn't be sustained.

I never said Europe was the cause of the problems, re read my post again!

what does French companies have to do with paying public sector workers with government money then getting a mall percentage back in taxes. It's like me going to buy a new £20k car because someone will give me £1k for my current car. I'm still spending more than I'm getting back.

how has the debt nearly doubled. Hasn't it gone from 800 to 1100????? I've already said he has obviously been very optimistic and again, re read my post, I did say hopefully by the next term the world is in a better position. And tbh who ever is in next will hopefully learn something from this term and not go down the same route, this may be the wrong way to go but even you must be able to see that the previous way wasn't the right way either. Weather everyone agreed o it or not.

Lot of points and exclamation marks there wakey,ill try and not miss any....

#1 Dont know what you mean about agenda?

#2 Yes,UK plc was in growth when the coalition took power,hardly ever since tho

#3 You did say Europes problems didnt help the UK

#4 Because if its a French company working in the UK there are more ways of tax avoidance

#5 Ok,not nearly doubled is right,BUT it was 811 billion,NOW its(at least)1,111 billion,AGAIN,250 BILLION out on osbournes estimates,who KNEW the debt when he took over,who KNEW the interest rates when he took over,yet is STILL 250 billion out ffs!!

Edited by pablo

Because they have reduced the deficit by nearly £60bn, Labour left office with nearly £160bn deficit

You only seem to focus on borrowing, which is only half the picture...spending more than you earn will eventually lead to bankruptcy, so reducing it should be priority 1.

Because they have reduced the deficit by nearly £60bn, Labour left office with nearly £160bn deficit

You only seem to focus on borrowing, which is only half the picture...spending more than you earn will eventually lead to bankruptcy, so reducing it should be priority 1.

Yes they have,i agree,but borrowing was used as a stick to beat Labour with,so i'll carry on doing the same thanks,plus only about 20% of the cuts have come in,wait till it really starts,then we might have trouble on the streets

It strikes me that the worldwide housing boom or bubble has had two negative consequences:

1. The growth in credit and the subsequent implosion of the financial sector is the root cause of the current recession.
  2. House prices are unaffordable for those not already on the ladder, particularly in London and the Southeast.

The affordability problem isn't going to be fixed by pumping ever more money into the system. A better alternative would be to let the market take its own course, and eventually it would find a level where young people could buy in unassisted.

But that would mean a large part of the population are going to get messed up by negative equity, and the banks would be in even more trouble than they already are.

The downsides of re-inflating the bubble are really scary. At some point prices are going to fall, and if you hot things up now, it's going to take a wrecking ball to the economy.

Havent you got an opinion on it then?adding 300 billion in just 2 and a half to 3 years?

I was just having a laugh with you to be honest as i could not be arsed with an argument but crack on anyway :unsure:

Have any tories got an opinion on osbourne being 250 billion out on how much he would have to borrow in nearly 3 years?

He knew what the debt was when he took over,so as regards his forecast... that has nothing to do with Labour,he knew what the debt was(811 billion),its now 1,111 billion(December gone,more now?),any opinions,or just rhetoric/myths?

I cannot find a report that says that but i am sure there is one, if we could read the report then it might become clear?

Lot of points and exclamation marks there wakey,ill try and not miss any....

#1 Dont know what you mean about agenda?

#2 Yes,UK plc was in growth when the coalition took power,hardly ever since tho

#3 You did say Europes problems didnt help the UK

#4 Because if its a French company working in the UK there are more ways of tax avoidance

#5 Ok,not nearly doubled is right,BUT it was 811 billion,NOW its(at least)1,111 billion,AGAIN,250 BILLION out on osbournes estimates,who KNEW the debt when he took over,who KNEW the interest rates when he took over,yet is STILL 250 billion out ffs!!

Think you need to chill a bit, looks like you are getting a bit worked up there Pabs. At he end of he day, yes, the UK is in more debt than the government had forecast, but, do you really believe that the country would have been better off under Labour the past few years? I'm sure you do, but I guess we will never know.

As I have said before, on other threads too, it wouldn't have mattered who was in power now, they would have still had to deal with this shlt fight, the sooner you labour supporters realise that the better I think.

Think you need to chill a bit, looks like you are getting a bit worked up there Pabs. At he end of he day, yes, the UK is in more debt than the government had forecast, but, do you really believe that the country would have been better off under Labour the past few years? I'm sure you do, but I guess we will never know.

As I have said before, on other threads too, it wouldn't have mattered who was in power now, they would have still had to deal with this shlt fight, the sooner you labour supporters realise that the better I think.

Its politics though ain't it :rolleyes: Pabs is very passionate when he talks politics........don't very often agree with what he says on the subject, but he always puts over a good argument and is very consistent with his views......I admire him for that, shame more politicians on both side weren't the same.

I'm very similar to be honest....thats why I try to keep off the subject, but like pabs I just can't resist :twitcy:

Edited by Toolbox

Guest chris955

I am very interested to see how much this policy boosts house sales, I personally dont care whether it is for a first or second home, the aim is to get themarket moving.

Its politics though ain't it :rolleyes: Pabs is very passionate when he talks politics........don't very often agree what a says on the subject, but he always puts over a good argument and is very consistent with his views......I admire him for that, shame more politicians on both side weren't the same.

I'm very similar to be honest....thats why I try to keep off the subject, but like pabs I just can't resist :twitcy:

agree 100% but sometimes there are things that you can't necessarily control so what's the point of getting that worked up about them? He is passionate and consistent, agree with that.

I suggest you need to chill Wakey,im perfectly calm,wasnt my post with !!!!! all over it,im chilled because im pretty certain theyre gone come the election

The sooner you tories realise that whoever was in power in 08 would have struggled the better too

I cannot find a report that says that but i am sure there is one, if we could read the report then it might become clear?

Theres loads of articles saying the debt has risen from 811 billion to 1,111 billion under the tories Andy,its not me making it up,i just think people are very selective on here,thats all,the uk debt was used all the time to slate Labour,yet nobody mentions it when this crowd are in power,i dont think thats right,anyway,ive said me piece,enough from me,cba with it anymore